Donate to the Mylee appeal here.
Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 23rd - If the mist of the previous evening had been... February 23, 2018
- February 22nd - Frustratingly, I had to pop into Birmingham on... February 23, 2018
- February 22nd - Passing through Telford on a flying visit in the... February 23, 2018
- February 21st - Meanwhile, in Kings Hill Park the crowds are... February 21, 2018
- February 21st - Looking down Victoria Road from Darlaston Town... February 21, 2018
- February 20th - Spring is encroaching. This evening, coming... February 21, 2018
- February 19th - This one has been puzzling me for a while. In... February 20, 2018
- February 19th - Travelling to work on a grey, horrible morning I... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - One of the stranger legacies of the M6 Toll... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - In what turned out to be an abortive, doomed... February 19, 2018
- February 18th - A call in to Ogley Junction to see how the... February 19, 2018
- February 17th - Back in Brownhills, and another azure blue... February 19, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- Rest in peace Brian 'Bill' White: Funeral details announced
- October 1991 - MP calls for a two day exhibition of Toll Road
- A bricked-up time capsule...
- Class photos
- Two great events coming up from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Trust!
- Fired up
- The summer of 82... and school was out!
- A team line up and a pig roast: What do you know?
- Have a great night of music and dance - and Back The Track!
- Follow my drift?
- 5,090,157 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Shannon Diana
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
Tag Archives: Express & Star
Reader Andrea Atterbury has been in touch to warn readers that items of what is believed to be meat bait have been recently found on Clayhanger Common including pig’s trotters, leading to renewed fears that poisoned bait may be being placed on the common again.
I’m aware of ongoing reports of a car accident involving a child in Blakemore Road, Walsall Wood near Castlefort School this morning (Friday 15th September 2017).
Continue reading →
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know that this Sunday (June 18th 2017), the Third Staffordshire Ironman 70.3 Triathlon will be staged, with a 1.2 mile early morning swim in Chasewater being amongst the highlights.
Walsall police this afternoon issued the following appeal for witnesses to come forward who may have seen the Mercedes Convertible, pictured below, on Wednesday last (19th April 2017) after in was involved in a collision on the Lichfield Road in Rushall, as a result of which an elderly man lost his life.
Images and details kindly supplied by Stephen Hill [Updated 2:00pm Traffic now clearing – Cheers, Bob] There’s been a nasty accident in Walsall Wood this lunchtime (Wednesday 4th January 2017), and traffic congestion and road closures are ongoing as emergency … Continue reading →
Following the remarkable events on Sunday afternoon, involving a double stabbing, attempted robbery of a convenience store and head on crash into an ambulance in Brownhills West, a local man has been charged with 10 counts, including attempted murder.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know that this Sunday (June 12th 2016), the second Staffordshire Ironman Triathlon will be staged, with a 1.2 mile swim in Chasewater being amongst the highlights.
Continue reading →