Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 29th - The brightness increased at Tipton in the early... September 29, 2016
- September 29th - A long morning involving a trip to Telford with... September 29, 2016
- September 28th - I’m seeing lots of these berries in patches of... September 28, 2016
- September 28th - Although not as dramatic, the following sunrise... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - It was clear when I left work that there was... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - I was lucky to spot this Japanese parasol... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - There’s still a bountiful crop of elderberries... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - On my way home in the road in the backstreets... September 28, 2016
- September 25th - I spotted this handsome cat loafing in a field... September 25, 2016
- September 25th - A windy, wolfish day with lots of sun and a few... September 25, 2016
- dry-valleys: At Sutton Common, a Cold War communication tower,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Near Anchor Bridge on the canal at Brownhills,... September 25, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Deer water chase at Chasewater...
- Shire Oak Quarry expansion consultation event - this Friday
- A lost line
- Acoustic Night at The Chase Inn tonight!
- Fired up
- An unusually clear view
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- The class of 62
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - September 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- Stuck in a rut - dog walkers and ramblers beware!
- 3,526,402 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Staedtler: An imbecile writes twitter.com/spankypanda68/… 6 hours ago
- RT @guardiannews: Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition – thank goodness Kirstie Allsopp is keeping an eye on the nation’s diet https://t.co/Geea… 6 hours ago
- RT @DavidLammy: Priti Patel on #bbcqt "we have a plan and that is to make a success of Brexit". Sorry but that just is not a plan. It's a w… 6 hours ago
- RT @politicalhackuk: ...and the 770,000 jobs in the UK automotive industry thank UKIP for your support. twitter.com/thehappykipper… 7 hours ago
- RT @LibyaLiberty: Defeating Trump is vital but it won't actually solve any national problem other than Trump as pres. Every single other pr… 7 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Express & Star
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know that this Sunday (June 12th 2016), the second Staffordshire Ironman Triathlon will be staged, with a 1.2 mile swim in Chasewater being amongst the highlights.
Continue reading →
I note from the twitter feed or the local fire service that there were two separate outbreaks of grass fire on Brownhills Common just off Chester Raod late yesterday afternoon (Sunday 8th May 2016).
An interesting event is taking place today, Bank holiday Monday 2nd May 2016 at Chasewater, where the Chase Sailing Club (that’s the one on the north shore) will be holding their annual open day for people to come and check out what they do.
If you’re wondering what all the sirens were in Brownhills early this evening (Thursday, 21st April 2016), there was a fairly large fire broke out at National Tyres, just at Co-op Corner, on the junction of Lichfield Road and Ogley Road.
A timely warning to residents of Clayhanger and further afield that the reported incidents of poisoned bait being left around the village seem to be ongoing still – after the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored meat on Clayhanger Common and the subsequent discovery of possibly poisoned bait a little while later, comes this awful tale from Facebook user Shannon Vanessa Binding.
Further to the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored bait on Clayhanger Common that I featured here at the weekend, I have just received this very worrying message from reader Wendy, who was walking her dog in Clayhanger this morning (Tuesday 2nd February 2016) and found something of great concern.
I’ve been contacted by a number of people who’ve pointed out the following, very worrying story from Clayhanger – a local lady walking her dog on Clayhanger Common believes her beloved pet ate poisoned meat whilst being walked there and is warning other dog lovers to beware. Continue reading →