Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 25th - North Street, The Butts in steady rain. Late... August 26, 2016
- August 25th - Passing through Pleck, I noted the ‘legal name... August 26, 2016
- August 24th - Another spell of working very, very late. On my... August 26, 2016
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
- August 22nd - I note a fair crop of acorns this year, and like... August 23, 2016
- August 22nd - I had to pop to Telford mid day, and leaving the... August 23, 2016
- August 21st - Had no idea this was a genuine issue at Middleton... August 22, 2016
- August 21st - Having had sugar, I felt much better and headed... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - Something else I was pleased to note on my long,... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - A very tired day in which I felt groggy, tired and... August 22, 2016
- August 19th - The rains of the day had brought out the... August 20, 2016
- August 19th - Another late night return, this time after 11pm,... August 20, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Festival of Water comes to Pelsall - all this weekend!
- Shock closure of Shire Oak pub
- Badger cull at Oak Park
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - August 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- Coming soon: Community celebration street party at Brownhills Activity Centre!
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- Christmas, 1957 - but who's that girl?
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- Local quiz 1
- 3,445,663 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Not far from home. The wee lady has set a killer pace of 13.5mph over 70 miles. https://t.co/W9WfPnMP8t 32 minutes ago
- RT @Kayleigh_B94: @BrownhillsBob hi bob please be adviced the blue-green algae signs are back up in chasewater 49 minutes ago
- So autocorrect sticks in reprobate for Repton? Ooookay. 2 hours ago
- This is the DERELICT TOWERS of WILLINGTON we saw a couple of weeks ago. Soon THEY'LL BE BLOWN UP https://t.co/joQiVPeOGP 2 hours ago
- Bob says a long time ago Repton was a COMPUTER GAME. He described it to me and it sounds RATHER BORING. 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Express & Star
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know that this Sunday (June 12th 2016), the second Staffordshire Ironman Triathlon will be staged, with a 1.2 mile swim in Chasewater being amongst the highlights.
Continue reading →
I note from the twitter feed or the local fire service that there were two separate outbreaks of grass fire on Brownhills Common just off Chester Raod late yesterday afternoon (Sunday 8th May 2016).
An interesting event is taking place today, Bank holiday Monday 2nd May 2016 at Chasewater, where the Chase Sailing Club (that’s the one on the north shore) will be holding their annual open day for people to come and check out what they do.
If you’re wondering what all the sirens were in Brownhills early this evening (Thursday, 21st April 2016), there was a fairly large fire broke out at National Tyres, just at Co-op Corner, on the junction of Lichfield Road and Ogley Road.
A timely warning to residents of Clayhanger and further afield that the reported incidents of poisoned bait being left around the village seem to be ongoing still – after the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored meat on Clayhanger Common and the subsequent discovery of possibly poisoned bait a little while later, comes this awful tale from Facebook user Shannon Vanessa Binding.
Further to the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored bait on Clayhanger Common that I featured here at the weekend, I have just received this very worrying message from reader Wendy, who was walking her dog in Clayhanger this morning (Tuesday 2nd February 2016) and found something of great concern.
I’ve been contacted by a number of people who’ve pointed out the following, very worrying story from Clayhanger – a local lady walking her dog on Clayhanger Common believes her beloved pet ate poisoned meat whilst being walked there and is warning other dog lovers to beware. Continue reading →