Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 27th - Again passing through Telford, I came past a row... October 27, 2016
- October 27th - Spotted in Victoria Park, Darlaston, this field... October 27, 2016
- October 26th - The gorgeous and remarkable sunsets also... October 27, 2016
- October 26th - I had to nip to Telford in the afternoon, and... October 27, 2016
- October 25th - Passing New Barns Farm at Footherley, I stopped... October 25, 2016
- October 25th - I’d been to Droitwich to see a customer and get... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - Something out of the ordinary picked up by the... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - Passing Jockey Meadows on the way home, the clean... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - All of a sudden, Autumn has exploded into vibrant... October 25, 2016
- October 23rd - The pigs of Packington Moor are always... October 24, 2016
- October 23rd - For the final light Sunday evening of 2016, I... October 24, 2016
- October 22nd - Seeing my old friend, who’s still ill but better... October 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- 3,597,984 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking Feeling old: ift.tt/2dN3TYY 55 minutes ago
- #365daysofbiking Outstanding in a field: ift.tt/2dQJGMZ 56 minutes ago
- RT @urbancyclist: "Window on the World" blipfoto.com/entry/22384529… See my new daily photo on #blipfoto 1 hour ago
- RT @urbancyclist: "No Aurora, Just Beachy" blipfoto.com/entry/22384515… See my new daily photo on #blipfoto 1 hour ago
- RT @pointlesslettrs: END. OF. https://t.co/H6OPKOZ1x8 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Express & Star
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know that this Sunday (June 12th 2016), the second Staffordshire Ironman Triathlon will be staged, with a 1.2 mile swim in Chasewater being amongst the highlights.
Continue reading →
I note from the twitter feed or the local fire service that there were two separate outbreaks of grass fire on Brownhills Common just off Chester Raod late yesterday afternoon (Sunday 8th May 2016).
An interesting event is taking place today, Bank holiday Monday 2nd May 2016 at Chasewater, where the Chase Sailing Club (that’s the one on the north shore) will be holding their annual open day for people to come and check out what they do.
If you’re wondering what all the sirens were in Brownhills early this evening (Thursday, 21st April 2016), there was a fairly large fire broke out at National Tyres, just at Co-op Corner, on the junction of Lichfield Road and Ogley Road.
A timely warning to residents of Clayhanger and further afield that the reported incidents of poisoned bait being left around the village seem to be ongoing still – after the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored meat on Clayhanger Common and the subsequent discovery of possibly poisoned bait a little while later, comes this awful tale from Facebook user Shannon Vanessa Binding.
Further to the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored bait on Clayhanger Common that I featured here at the weekend, I have just received this very worrying message from reader Wendy, who was walking her dog in Clayhanger this morning (Tuesday 2nd February 2016) and found something of great concern.
I’ve been contacted by a number of people who’ve pointed out the following, very worrying story from Clayhanger – a local lady walking her dog on Clayhanger Common believes her beloved pet ate poisoned meat whilst being walked there and is warning other dog lovers to beware. Continue reading →