Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 12th - Passing back through Walsall Wood at sunset, I... October 13, 2017
- October 12th - In Darlaston Green on a sunny day, outside the... October 13, 2017
- October 12th - The united colours of… a Black Country... October 13, 2017
- October 11th - Again returning as darkness fell, I caught sight... October 12, 2017
- October 11th - Spotted on the way to work, again on the rich,... October 12, 2017
- October 10th - I returned to Shenstone on a horribly... October 11, 2017
- October 10th - I passed through Birmingham in a hurry on... October 11, 2017
- October 9th - Darkness is now frequently impinging on my... October 11, 2017
- August 9th - Spotted on the way to work, quick mobile phone... October 11, 2017
- October 8th - Up in the cinematic, wide open landscape of... October 11, 2017
- October 8th - A better day when the sun periodically graced us... October 11, 2017
- October 7th - Time for a seasonal warning, I guess. Along the... October 11, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Incident on Clayhanger Common yesterday - West Midlands Police issue statement
- A plaque on your houses - the search continues.
- The end of a nightmare, or just another false dawn?
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Culvert investigations
- It definitely wasn't a Goodyear - help solve a mystery!
- Woodmen surprised at Nuneaton
- Details of Walsall Council's park bonfire events for 2017
- Special branch
- Police issue statement following armed response in Stewart Road, Walsall Wood
- 4,745,488 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Clayhanger
Brownhills Community Association have been in touch, asking me if I’d share their latest newsletter for October 2017 here on the blog – and as ever, I’m happy to do so.
I’ve just been alerted to the fact that there’s a great charity music festival starting this afternoon, Saturday 30th September 2017 at the Shoulder of Mutton pub in Church Road, Brownhills running until late.
I’ve been contacted by some very worried users of the Memorial Hall or ‘Memo’ in Lichfield Road, Brownhills who are very concerned about recent developments there.
Continue reading →
This is just a quick note to warn people given to exploring the open spaces of the area that over the next 8-10 weeks or so the deer population will be getting amorous – it’s rutting time for our large brown friends, and that means one thing: the heaths around Brownhills, Clayhanger, Pelsall and Chasewater in particular are likely to be host to rather grumpy, aggressive stags guarding their female harems.
Hey up people – it seems that in November, there’s a shakeup of of local bin collection days in the Northern Wastes and to this end Walsall Council have been delivering leaflets notifying residents of the changes, which is fair enough.
Continue reading →
Reader Andrea Atterbury has been in touch to warn readers that items of what is believed to be meat bait have been recently found on Clayhanger Common including pig’s trotters, leading to renewed fears that poisoned bait may be being placed on the common again.
I’ve had an enquiry in from reader Diane Clift regarding her family, the Danks, a connection with the Cliufts and the Sgoulder of Mutton pub in Church Road, Brownhills.