Donate to the Mylee appeal here.
Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 23rd - If the mist of the previous evening had been... February 23, 2018
- February 22nd - Frustratingly, I had to pop into Birmingham on... February 23, 2018
- February 22nd - Passing through Telford on a flying visit in the... February 23, 2018
- February 21st - Meanwhile, in Kings Hill Park the crowds are... February 21, 2018
- February 21st - Looking down Victoria Road from Darlaston Town... February 21, 2018
- February 20th - Spring is encroaching. This evening, coming... February 21, 2018
- February 19th - This one has been puzzling me for a while. In... February 20, 2018
- February 19th - Travelling to work on a grey, horrible morning I... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - One of the stranger legacies of the M6 Toll... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - In what turned out to be an abortive, doomed... February 19, 2018
- February 18th - A call in to Ogley Junction to see how the... February 19, 2018
- February 17th - Back in Brownhills, and another azure blue... February 19, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- Rest in peace Brian 'Bill' White: Funeral details announced
- October 1991 - MP calls for a two day exhibition of Toll Road
- A bricked-up time capsule...
- Class photos
- Two great events coming up from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Trust!
- Fired up
- A team line up and a pig roast: What do you know?
- Have a great night of music and dance - and Back The Track!
- The summer of 82... and school was out!
- The Portman Collection - part three: Final forms, and on with the sport
- 5,090,014 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Shannon Diana
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
Category Archives: Panoramio photo discussions
An appeal reaches me from Stevie Ansell who runs the riding stables on Pelsall Road, Brownhills – between Thursday night and this morning (overnight 4-5th January 2017), a break-in took place at the yard.
This is an important appeal for information regarding a burglary that took place overnight, in the early hours of Tuesday, 5th December 2017 at Stevie Ansell’s riding school premises at Coppice Lane/Engine Lane, Brownhills.
Local rail buff Simon Swain has once again been busy with the camera and maps, tracing out the history of the South Staffordshire railway line that used to run from Wychnor near Alrewas to Dudley, but called at Lichfield, Brownhills and Walsall on the way.
Local rail buff Simon Swain last week sent in the above image of one of the last freight workings on the South Staffordshire Line through central Brownhills – and there was a large amount of interest in this remarkably evocative photo.
Local rail buff Simon Swain has been in touch with a remarkable image of Brownhills recording the very last days of the railway here – just before construction of the Miner Island in 1984.
You’ll all know that of late, I’ve not been too well and that work has taken up a huge amount of my time – well, my health is now thankfully improving, work is easing off and the sun came out (although the wind was still a bit keen), so yesterday I had a great 58 mile ride via old haunts into South Derbyshire.