Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 11th - After getting one or two bits of shopping in, it... December 14, 2017
- December 11th - I’d run around in the morning sorting displaced... December 14, 2017
- December 10th - I continued from Chasewater up around Engine... December 13, 2017
- December 10th - They say things come to those who wait, and... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - Lichfield has a little secret that I’d love to... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - Lichfield Food Festival was huge, and very busy.... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - I was looking forward to a snowy ride out to a... December 13, 2017
- December 8th - As I approached the supermarket at Burntwood,... December 13, 2017
- December 8th - The forecast had been for heavy snow during the... December 13, 2017
- December 7th - Out and about on a sunny, bright but windy day in... December 8, 2017
- December 6th - Well, this’ll be the end then. So long, it... December 7, 2017
- December 6th - Something today I noticed on a couple of bikes in... December 7, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Police issue statement on incident at Northgate, Aldridge this morning
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- The 'Crucifixion' incident in Walsall Wood - West Midlands Police issue statement
- Incident on Clayhanger Common yesterday - West Midlands Police issue statement
- Parents warned after incident in Aldridge
- Man tries to enter lady's car in Brownhills - be on your guard folks
- Snow update - Tuesday 12th December 2017
- Snow update - Monday 11th December 2017
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- BBC Television's Street Auction comes to Brownhills this Saturday!
- 4,905,914 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Walsall Council
Sorry – this is belated notice but there’s a couple of taster sessions regarding discovering computing and the Internet at Brownhills Library – one this week on Wednesday November 30th 2017 and another the following Wednesday, 7th December 2017.
I received notice of this great event from Brownhills Policing Team via the excellent WMNow service a yesterday, advertising a pop-up meet the police event this afternoon, Friday 17th November 2017 at Tesco, Brownhills from 3pm until 6pm where you can meet your local policing team and get help, crime prevention and public safety advice.
Last weekend, Saturday and Sunday 11-12th November 2017 saw the annual Remembrance weekend in the UK and I’m pleased to say Walsall Borough and South Staffordshire did themselves proud and staged a whole range of parades and events that were well supported and attended – and I was especially pleased to see the wonderful turnout and effort in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
The young David Evans yesterday (Sunday, 12th November 2017) went to his local Remembrance event in Walsall Wood and sent in a wonderful gallery of images to mark this most sombre of days.
I received notice of another useful late afternoon ‘Meet the public’ popup event via the excellent WMNow service yesterday – it takes place this afternoon, Friday 10th November 2017 in Pelsall – these are great initiatives where you can meet your local policing team and get help, crime prevention and public safety advice.
Following my request for information to make a list of local Remembrance events, I can again share with readers a list of local Remembrance services taking place locally this Remembrance Sunday, 12th November 2017 – this list will be updated with more info as I get it.
Right Walsall Borough folks, listen up – I know some of you are concerned about bin collections at the moment as the service is clearly experiencing difficulties, on the very week that Walsall refuse collection schedules have changed.