Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 24th - Near Anchor Bridge on the canal at Brownhills,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Heading for Chasewater from Brownhills along... September 25, 2016
- September 23rd - At Calton, high in the Weaver Hills, I was... September 25, 2016
- September 23rd - A chance day off and escape into the... September 25, 2016
- September 22nd - Also coming out better than expected was... September 22, 2016
- ISeptember 22nd - It was a pleasant but slightly chilly evening... September 22, 2016
- September 21st - I’d had to nip to Birmingham late, and came... September 22, 2016
- September 20th - It was so beautiful on the way home that I... September 22, 2016
- September 20th - Spotted in a customer’s cycle shed, two bikes... September 22, 2016
- September 19th - Freewheeling down Shire Oak Hill into... September 22, 2016
- September 19th - Yet another abundance this year of bright... September 22, 2016
- September 18th - I have no idea about this, as I’m no... September 19, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills School warns parents to be vigilant following reports of children being approached locally
- What's the storey?
- The class of 62
- Stuck in a rut - dog walkers and ramblers beware!
- Wise Council
- Fancy taking the Lichfield Towpath Trail For Charity this weekend?
- You can help shape the future of community facilities in Clayhanger!
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Can you help reunite these sisters?
- Things that went bump in the night
- 3,516,551 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- OH texts 'With that statement on rainbows and getting wet Pickle sums up our life. Bless her.' 49 minutes ago
- The colours are BRIGHT like a PICTURE BOOK https://t.co/U7gNGaHgUy 1 hour ago
- If we HADN'T GOT WET we'd never have seen the BEAUTIFUL RAINBOW. https://t.co/MZOOJS2xSM 1 hour ago
- With a child who doesn't know what Rainbow was. FML. 1 hour ago
- Rainbow #klaxon 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Category Archives: Walsall Council
Just a quick headsup to those interested in Walsall Wood history and who are free next Wednesday afternoon (28th September 2016) – there’s a talk featuring the Brownhills Blog’s favourite Wood Mon™ and top contributor, the young David Evans.
Continue reading →
I’d like to say a big thank you on behalf of Brownhills if I may, to those people who worked so very hard on the Brownhills in Bloom competition entry this year: to all those who helped, planted and laboured, and to human dynamo Diane Mansell from Walsall Council, praise is due, for Brownhills and Aldridge both won gold awards.
A couple of fun events coming up in Aldridge this weekend from Aldridge Village Partnership and the wonderful Diane Mansell, who you’ll know also runs the Brownhills Town Centre partnership.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting tonight (Monday 12th September 2016) of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
New Hall Mill near Sutton Coldfield is open again this Sunday (11th September 2016) for the final time this year and I can heartily recommend the place – It’s fascinating and I had a great time there on Spring Bank Holiday Monday 2015 – not enough people know about this wonderful building and the dedicated folk who look after it.
This is one of those requests that pops up from time to time, and was issued by the Communication Team at Walsall Council yesterday, September 5th 2016 and I’d like all locals to have a think about it, and if any of you can do so, please help.
I’m sad to report that the last High Street Bank bank in Brownhills, HSBC will close for good on Friday, 25th November 2016 – this comes amidst the slump in the use of High Street branches caused by online and telephone banking, and the general woes of the bank in general – HSBC has closed over 100 branches already this year.