Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 25th - A horrid, horrid ride home. I had to take a trip... July 26, 2016
- July 24th - Finally getting out on a ride late afternoon, I... July 24, 2016
- July 24th - I paid a flying visit to the Vintage Fair at... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Spotted on the canal near Tamhorn Park, between... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Pleased to see again that the walnut tree,... July 24, 2016
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
- July 21st - It’s been a great week of commuting so far. Sunny... July 21, 2016
- July 21st - It’s true that I am one of those characters that... July 21, 2016
- dry-valleys: At a certain edgelands pool near my place of work... July 21, 2016
- July 20th - I’m fascinated at the moment by continuing work... July 20, 2016
- July 20th - People seem to think I’m negative about buddleia,... July 20, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Beware: blue-green algae found at Chasewater
- More Costa jobs up for grabs in Brownhills
- In memoriam: Roger Mosedale
- Many happy returns, Mr. Oakley...
- Fondly remembering a local musical talent
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- What's on diary
- Urgent appeal: Walsall NHS Trust looking for relatives of a patient
- Stop Press: Oak Park and Bloxwich Leisure Centres Open 9th August
- 3,375,181 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @carolthornton: @BrownhillsBob none of that Earl Grey palaver here twitter.com/katerusby/stat… 34 minutes ago
- RT @JennyVSimile: ACTIVITY BREAK: This is for those of you who have a scrotum... 1. Grab your balls 2. Go'n, grab 'em 3. Look for the lin… 34 minutes ago
- RT @Mrs_Funky: 2 women every week twitter.com/ExpressandStar… 36 minutes ago
- RT @LichfieldLive: Stowe Pool 5:15 - 26-07-16 ift.tt/2aHM9tl 1 hour ago
- RT @transdiffusion: TL;DR: ITV good, critics wrong, leave us alone. 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Category Archives: Walsall Council
There’s been lots of talk here about the new Costa Coffee outlet due to open in Brownhills – and a couple of weeks ago I spotted a job advert for the new store – sadly, this was oversubscribed quickly and many were left disappointed.
Continue reading →
This is very unusual, but I think is somewhat important – this request was posted by the Communication Team at Walsall Manor Hospital Tuesday (19th July 2016) and I’d like all locals to have a think about it, and if any … Continue reading →
Some months ago it became evident that a franchise for Costa Coffee was planning on opening a branch in Brownhills – following mentions on Twitter by a design house and a subsequent planning application, which was approved last March, things went quiet.
Continue reading →
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting at 7:00pm this Monday evening 11th July 2016 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Here’s great event kicking off in Walsall Arboretum tomorrow, (Saturday 9th July 2016) with activities and music running from 12 noon until 8pm – loads of free nature and wildlife stuff to do for all the family – including birds of prey, craft demos, woodland wildlife garden, plant sales, real ale and ciders – and much more.
New Hall Mill near Sutton Coldfield is open again this Sunday (1oth July 2016) and I can heartily recommend the place – It’s fascinating and I had a great time there on Spring Bank Holiday Monday 2015 – not enough people know about this wonderful building and the dedicated folk who look after it.
Continue reading →
A reminder for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park that there’s a meeting of the Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at the Clean and Green Depot, Pelsall Road, Brownhills this Thursday 7th July 2016) from 7:30pm.