Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 20th - Spotted from the canal towpath as I zipped past,... October 21, 2016
- October 20th - Heading home along the canal through Pleck,... October 21, 2016
- October 19th - Although I use the bike cam constantly, I stopped... October 20, 2016
- October 19th - Ostensibly asleep, but wide awake and studiously... October 20, 2016
- October 19th - Darlaston is at it’s best in autumn, and with the... October 20, 2016
- October 18th - Another lovely golden hour, this time as I came... October 19, 2016
- October 18th - Stripes here is cross because on the way to work,... October 19, 2016
- October 17th - I made it back to Brownhills in a glorious sunset... October 19, 2016
- October 17th - I’ve passed through Ocker Hill and Toll End a... October 19, 2016
- October 16th - I remember when we just used to get plain old... October 19, 2016
- October 16th - Still, one can’t deny the beauty of the season. A... October 19, 2016
- October 15th - Further on, I hopped on the Spot Path back to... October 19, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- In the swim
- Huge progress being made on local canal restoration
- An elocution confusion solution?
- Coming soon: great Halloween kids party in Brownhills!
- Power to the people
- Acoustic Night at The Chase Inn tonight!
- Was the investigation into the Grove Pit Disaster a whitewash?
- Down with the kids
- Woodmen slain by keener Heanor
- 3,570,919 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Is t'intefnet connection bad for anyone else? Central Brum @ee 2 hours ago
- RT @jonwalker121: Brexit Secretary David Davis admits UK face a 'cliff edge' of we can't get a trade deal birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-… 2 hours ago
- RT @mumsnet_madness: "eating an evening meal in my night clothes - potentially spilling sauce or salad dressing on them - would feel weird"… 2 hours ago
- Wow! Live spoots! https://t.co/za22q5xvxr 2 hours ago
- Looking at dog toys on the pet stall: Are these good for a HEALTHY DOG with VERY STRONG TEETH? 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Politics
A reminder for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park that there’s a meeting of the Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at the Clean and Green Depot, Pelsall Road, Brownhills tonight, Monday 17th October 2016 from 7:00pm
You may recall a couple of years ago that the operator of the former Shire Oak Quarry site, JPE, was mooting the proposal to extend the site they’re currently landfilling at Shire Oak, to extract virgin material pusihing back restoration of the site for some years.
I’m sad to report that the last High Street Bank bank in Brownhills, HSBC will close for good on Friday, 25th November 2016 – this comes amidst the slump in the use of High Street branches caused by online and telephone banking, and the general woes of the bank in general – HSBC has closed over 100 branches already this year.
A reminder for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park that there’s a meeting of the Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at the Clean and Green Depot, Pelsall Road, Brownhills this Thursday 7th July 2016) from 7:30pm.
It’s late, I’m knackered – but a big night for Labour in Walsall: Steve Wade held Brownhills by a fairly sizeable majority; Keith Sears held Walsall Wood and a shock result for Blakenall where Labour’s Matt Ward beat Pete Smith. … Continue reading →
Following the sad closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club, local activist Paul Sharpe has been beavering away to try and continue the club in some form in a new venue – I posted his appeal for help here a couple of months ago.
Continue reading →
As a result of the imminent closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club and sale of the Manor House by Walsall Council, local activist Paul Sharpe has got his thinking cap on, and is appealing for help from anyone who might be able to help him set up an alternative club.