Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
- July 21st - It’s been a great week of commuting so far. Sunny... July 21, 2016
- July 21st - It’s true that I am one of those characters that... July 21, 2016
- dry-valleys: At a certain edgelands pool near my place of work... July 21, 2016
- July 20th - I’m fascinated at the moment by continuing work... July 20, 2016
- July 20th - People seem to think I’m negative about buddleia,... July 20, 2016
- July 19th - Oh, hi pals. Where have you been? Not seen you for a... July 20, 2016
- July 19th - I’ve been largely ambivalent about the odd project... July 20, 2016
- July 18th - I like this a lot. On Catshill Junction Bridge, just... July 19, 2016
- July 18th - A pootle up the canal to Walsall Wood on an errand... July 19, 2016
- July 17th - In spite of some grim mechanical problems and slow... July 19, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Fondly remembering a local musical talent
- Mabel's Vintage Fair at Chasewater Railway this Sunday!
- Burntwood Wakes on right now!
- Urgent appeal: Walsall NHS Trust looking for relatives of a patient
- Lamping it!
- In memoriam: Roger Mosedale
- Vinyl night at The Chase Inn tonight!
- Walsall Wood Football Club need your help this weekend!
- Late 1960s at a local school...
- 3,368,241 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @urbancyclist: "Planes, Lanes and Velomobiles" blipfoto.com/entry/22036453… See my new daily photo on #blipfoto 7 hours ago
- RT @Rustykitty65: @BrownhillsBob Not all bad people. There are still good people helping people. This happened Toronto https://t.co/WTinNRi… 9 hours ago
- RT @QueerDiscOx: This honestly has made me so happy this morning. Smashed it. https://t.co/I1gBeQVmnX 9 hours ago
- RT @StarrOutlook: The tragic bear that suffers for selfies youtu.be/_UhP4bcYcsU via @YouTube 9 hours ago
- RT @linnyitssn: Number of victims of all terror attacks in Europe these years combined is lower than number of victims of gun violence in t… 9 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Tag Archives: Politics
A reminder for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park that there’s a meeting of the Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at the Clean and Green Depot, Pelsall Road, Brownhills this Thursday 7th July 2016) from 7:30pm.
It’s late, I’m knackered – but a big night for Labour in Walsall: Steve Wade held Brownhills by a fairly sizeable majority; Keith Sears held Walsall Wood and a shock result for Blakenall where Labour’s Matt Ward beat Pete Smith. … Continue reading →
Following the sad closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club, local activist Paul Sharpe has been beavering away to try and continue the club in some form in a new venue – I posted his appeal for help here a couple of months ago.
Continue reading →
As a result of the imminent closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club and sale of the Manor House by Walsall Council, local activist Paul Sharpe has got his thinking cap on, and is appealing for help from anyone who might be able to help him set up an alternative club.
A reminder for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park that there’s a meeting of the newly-formed Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at Clayhanger Community Centre, in Church Street, Clayhanger, this evening (Tuesday 2nd March 2016) from 7:30pm.
I note from the informative blog of Brownhills Councillor Steve Wade that there will be a Big Tidy Up day in Brownhills this Thursday, 3rd March 2016 organised by Walsall Council, the Town Centre and Area Partnerships.
Continue reading →
I’m pleased to note that the Member of Parliament for Aldridge Brownhills – your MP Wendy Morton – will hold a surgery at Brownhills Activity Centre, just off the Miner Island in town, from 2pm to 3pm this Friday, 29th January 2016 – she’ll also be ar Rushall later that afternoon.