Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 30th - Another beautiful, frosty and glass-hard... December 1, 2016
- November 29th - It’s time. The winter tyres, with tungsten... November 30, 2016
- November 29th - A dreamy, icy, freezing morning that turned my... November 30, 2016
- November 28th - Although Victoria Park in Darlaston is beautiful... November 29, 2016
- November 28th - Pleased to note the return this year of the... November 29, 2016
- November 27th - I passed through Lichfield at sunset, and later,... November 29, 2016
- November 27th - How can this possibly be morally... November 29, 2016
- November 27th - It was a very dramatic-looking afternoon as I... November 29, 2016
- November 26th - It’s rather sad, but I bet the person who locked... November 29, 2016
- November 26th - A day spent shopping, eating and having fun in... November 29, 2016
- November 26th - Out for an early spa and an errand to Aldridge,... November 29, 2016
- November 25th - I have no idea what these lovely yellow flowers... November 26, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- House fire in Walsall Wood yesterday evening
- Suspicious activity in Brownhills: Be on your guard
- Ice cream, miners, silent cinema and the Jones Boys. What do you know?
- Beware: Children approached in Brownhills in two recent incidents
- Appeal made for household items in aid of couple affected by Wyre Close fire
- Flat fire in Walsall Wood yesterday evening
- Woodmen enter new era with draw at Loughborough
- Badger baiting taking place locally as wounded dog found in Brownhills
- Aldridge Christmas Tree Festival - on all weekend!
- Third local fire this week sees car burnt out near Clayhanger last night
- 3,756,773 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Queen_Europe: Let's have a fucking referendum on whether to ban over-confident male prime ministers from holding referendums. 3 hours ago
- RT @dog_rates: I'd punch two kangaroos tbh twitter.com/i/moments/8055… 3 hours ago
- Aunty found her a teddy. She took it and hugged it tight. 4 hours ago
- Pickle, who's sleeping here tonight has just cried out in her sleep 'I can't see any bears!' whatever she's dreaming, she needs bears! 4 hours ago
- RT @pointlesslettrs: The Daily Mail, December 2016. No, really. https://t.co/iXtuZti97b 5 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Politics
A reminder for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park that there’s a meeting of the Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at the Clean and Green Depot, Pelsall Road, Brownhills tonight, Tuesday 22nd November 2016 from 7:00pm.
A reminder for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park that there’s a meeting of the Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at the Clean and Green Depot, Pelsall Road, Brownhills tonight, Monday 17th October 2016 from 7:00pm
You may recall a couple of years ago that the operator of the former Shire Oak Quarry site, JPE, was mooting the proposal to extend the site they’re currently landfilling at Shire Oak, to extract virgin material pusihing back restoration of the site for some years.
I’m sad to report that the last High Street Bank bank in Brownhills, HSBC will close for good on Friday, 25th November 2016 – this comes amidst the slump in the use of High Street branches caused by online and telephone banking, and the general woes of the bank in general – HSBC has closed over 100 branches already this year.
A reminder for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park that there’s a meeting of the Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at the Clean and Green Depot, Pelsall Road, Brownhills this Thursday 7th July 2016) from 7:30pm.
It’s late, I’m knackered – but a big night for Labour in Walsall: Steve Wade held Brownhills by a fairly sizeable majority; Keith Sears held Walsall Wood and a shock result for Blakenall where Labour’s Matt Ward beat Pete Smith. … Continue reading →
Following the sad closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club, local activist Paul Sharpe has been beavering away to try and continue the club in some form in a new venue – I posted his appeal for help here a couple of months ago.
Continue reading →