Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 17th - I’m not going to say where this is for obvious... August 17, 2017
- August 17th - A sad, regrettable tragedy unfolds in Rushall at... August 17, 2017
- August 16th - Another delight of the season, that frustratingly... August 16, 2017
- August 16th - Riding to work down Green Lane, Shelfield on a... August 16, 2017
- August 15th - I spun up The Parade and over to Burntwood on the... August 16, 2017
- August 15th - I had to nip out on an errand at sunset. The day... August 16, 2017
- August 14th - Sorry, after this I promise no morale oak wasp... August 15, 2017
- August 14th - Another tree I keep an eye on is the odd pear tree... August 15, 2017
- August 13th - More oak wasp galls, which I’ve gone all out to... August 15, 2017
- August 13th - I left near lunchtime for a hopefully long, sunny... August 15, 2017
- August 12th - One local treat I look forward to in late summer... August 15, 2017
- August 12th - An run out after a busy day saw me investigating a... August 15, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Hot to trot
- Be alert - power tools stolen in Brownhills van burglary
- Mining for family history in the Wood: Can you help please?
- November 1989 - Residents up in arms...
- Lichfield and Hatherton's huge canal Heritage Gathering coming soon!
- Chasewater Stadium - what do you recall?
- Going Back
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- A case of the trots!
- Race of the Year, 1977
- 4,550,995 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Shelfield
Walsall police this afternoon issued the following appeal for witnesses to come forward who may have seen the Mercedes Convertible, pictured below, on Wednesday last (19th April 2017) after in was involved in a collision on the Lichfield Road in Rushall, as a result of which an elderly man lost his life.
This morning (Thursday, January 19th 2017) at 7:10am a Trek 7300 bike like the one above but in white was taken from outside the Co-op at the former Spring Cottage in Shelfield.
Here’s a very quick enquiry for readers about a local family now spread far and wide, but involving one of the blog regulars.
Yesterday (Wednesday 5th August 2015) there was a nasty traffic accident at the Spring Cottage junction on the A461 Lichfield Road at Shelfield, in which an elderly lady was seriously hurt.
I’m hearing that today (Friday 26th June 2015), some bin collections were missed in Brownhills, Walsall Wood and Shelfield, apparently due to a truck breakdown – these things happen.
On or around April 29th 2015, the Four Crosses Pub – the last true boozer in Shelfield, and a popular local pub I’ve enjoyed in the past – closed suddenly, and was boarded up, which has caused understandable outrage amongst pub-goers and real ale fans in the area.
It seems that reader and long time friend of the blog Caz has a somewhat unique talent for finding and reuniting lost property with it’s owners – not content with finding, catching and reuniting last month’s lost canary with it’s keeper, Caz has found a bunch of keys in Green Lane, Walsall Wood. Continue reading →