Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 22nd - Also coming out better than expected was... September 22, 2016
- ISeptember 22nd - It was a pleasant but slightly chilly evening... September 22, 2016
- September 21st - I’d had to nip to Birmingham late, and came... September 22, 2016
- September 20th - It was so beautiful on the way home that I... September 22, 2016
- September 20th - Spotted in a customer’s cycle shed, two bikes... September 22, 2016
- September 19th - Freewheeling down Shire Oak Hill into... September 22, 2016
- September 19th - Yet another abundance this year of bright... September 22, 2016
- September 18th - I have no idea about this, as I’m no... September 19, 2016
- September 18th - Ah, the season of the conker.Every year, I... September 19, 2016
- September 17th - The sunset was gorgeous at Chasewater, the calm... September 18, 2016
- September 17th - A bad day in lots of ways, but a sunset ride to... September 18, 2016
- September 16th - On the way through Wednesfield, I met their... September 17, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills School warns parents to be vigilant following reports of children being approached locally
- What's the storey?
- Wise Council
- Fancy taking the Lichfield Towpath Trail For Charity this weekend?
- You can help shape the future of community facilities in Clayhanger!
- Can you help reunite these sisters?
- Things that went bump in the night
- Walsall Wood FC at home to Pegasus Juniors this afternoon!
- Walsall Wood bred and buttered... Your chance to catch a local legend
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- 3,514,626 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @1GoldilocksZone: Tonight is going so well. I've just pulled back the duvet to get into bed. https://t.co/nMorscGopD 2 hours ago
- RT @FatuousSunbeam: In other news, I bought a book about mushrooms today. So that is good news. 2 hours ago
- RT @FatuousSunbeam: I hate adverts for films where they use cardinal numbers instead of ordinal. 2 hours ago
- RT @kcimc: omg this entire feed of japanese joinery gifs is like fabrication asmr twitter.com/thejoinery_jp/… 2 hours ago
- RT @charlieharden1: Joni Mitchell - River 1971 @ProgRockGrandad @ProgRockers @Lady_Bird73 @taffgall youtu.be/nAK9Pj5-QXY 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Walsall politics
I’d like to say a big thank you on behalf of Brownhills if I may, to those people who worked so very hard on the Brownhills in Bloom competition entry this year: to all those who helped, planted and laboured, and to human dynamo Diane Mansell from Walsall Council, praise is due, for Brownhills and Aldridge both won gold awards.
I’m sad to report that the last High Street Bank bank in Brownhills, HSBC will close for good on Friday, 25th November 2016 – this comes amidst the slump in the use of High Street branches caused by online and telephone banking, and the general woes of the bank in general – HSBC has closed over 100 branches already this year.
Just a note for anyone interested that Oak Park Active Living Centre – the new leisure centre in Walsall Wood – opens this Tuesday, 9th August 2016 as does the sister centre at Bloxwich.
I’d like to wish all the very best of luck to the hard working volunteers and community minded folk who’ve worked with Brownhills Town Centre Partnership on this year’s Brownhills in Bloom bird, which is judged this afternoon (Wednesday, 27th July 2016).
Once more, Diane Mansell from Brownhills Town Centre Partnership has been in touch, and asked me to ask if I’d put out a plea for gardeners,volunteer groups or anyone else who can help the Brownhills in Bloom team remove some problematic shrubs in town.
Once more, Diane Mansell from Brownhills Town Centre Partnership has been in touch, and asked me to point out that volunteers are needed for another planting event to prepare the remaining planters for the Brownhills Britain in Bloom entry this coming Monday 27th June 2016.
Just a shoutout here to the volunteers and community mind folk of Brownhills Town Centre Partnership who yesterday, despite some pretty horrid weather, went out planting flowers in the tubs and planters in town and once again did Brownhills proud.