Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 31st - The willow herb is going to seed now, I noticed... September 1, 2016
- dry-valleys: When summer’s end is nighingAnd skies at evening cloud,I muse on change and... September 1, 2016
- August 30th - Something in the climate of this day was perfect... August 31, 2016
- August 30th - Today was a great day to be zipping about the... August 31, 2016
- August 29th - Here’s an odd one. In the dark, I spotted dark... August 30, 2016
- August 29th - Not a fan of August Bank Holiday. The day off is... August 30, 2016
- August 28th - Staunton Harold is a beautiful reservoir, created... August 29, 2016
- August 29th - Another day, another reservoir, this time Staunton... August 29, 2016
- August 27th - As I travelled home along the canal, I listened to... August 29, 2016
- August 27th - The rain held off while I visited the Festival of... August 29, 2016
- August 26th - it’s been 7 years since I last rode this way. A... August 29, 2016
- August 26th - An afternoon off, so a long ride into Derbyshire... August 29, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Post haste
- Brownhills in black and white
- Chasewater Railway Late Summer Gala this weekend
- Party like its... 1998?
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Demolition, man
- Temperance, even!
- Beware: blue-green algae again found at Chasewater
- Dropping a Cla'nger
- Pictures from the Pelsall Festival of Water 2016
- 3,458,629 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking It makes me spit: ift.tt/2bDfrbn 46 minutes ago
- RT @JordanGower98: The rozzers taking a dig at your tinpot village, don't stand for that @Tom15Day twitter.com/npasbirmingham… 2 hours ago
- RT @SternishOwl: And tractor production figures up! https://t.co/1hm6CbW8rY 3 hours ago
- RT @NPASBirmingham: Sorry for the noise over #Clayhanger (Yes that is a place near #Brownhills) as we searched for 2 missing children - fou… 3 hours ago
- RT @CarterRevolved: @Walsallpolice any news on why the chopper is up on Clayhanger! 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Walsall politics
Just a note for anyone interested that Oak Park Active Living Centre – the new leisure centre in Walsall Wood – opens this Tuesday, 9th August 2016 as does the sister centre at Bloxwich.
I’d like to wish all the very best of luck to the hard working volunteers and community minded folk who’ve worked with Brownhills Town Centre Partnership on this year’s Brownhills in Bloom bird, which is judged this afternoon (Wednesday, 27th July 2016).
Once more, Diane Mansell from Brownhills Town Centre Partnership has been in touch, and asked me to ask if I’d put out a plea for gardeners,volunteer groups or anyone else who can help the Brownhills in Bloom team remove some problematic shrubs in town.
Once more, Diane Mansell from Brownhills Town Centre Partnership has been in touch, and asked me to point out that volunteers are needed for another planting event to prepare the remaining planters for the Brownhills Britain in Bloom entry this coming Monday 27th June 2016.
Just a shoutout here to the volunteers and community mind folk of Brownhills Town Centre Partnership who yesterday, despite some pretty horrid weather, went out planting flowers in the tubs and planters in town and once again did Brownhills proud.
The wonderful Diane Mansell from Brownhills Town Centre Partnership has been in touch, and asked me to see if anyone fancies helping out with the Brownhills Britain in Bloom competition entry from our town today (Monday 13th June 2016).
So sorry to announce this, but I’ve just been informed by the organisers that the planting event scheduled for tomorrow, 2nd June 2016 by Brownhills Town Centre Partnership has had to be deferred until Monday 13th June due to late arrival of the plants – sadly, this is affecting several towns in the borough and is unavoidable.
Continue reading →