Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 23rd - I headed home in a dreadful headwind, needing to... March 25, 2017
- March 23rd - A mystery that’s been puzzling me for a long time... March 25, 2017
- March 22nd - A terrible photo snatched in the dark: but spring... March 25, 2017
- March 22nd - A rainy, horrid day: I found myself at New Street... March 25, 2017
- March 21st - I noticed this lad hopping about the yard at work,... March 22, 2017
- March 21st - Gosh, it was cold this morning. After the warmth of... March 22, 2017
- March 20th - With the start of my beloved British Summer Time... March 20, 2017
- March 20th - One aspect of springtime in Walsall that’s always... March 20, 2017
- March 18th - Talking of swans, here’s a flock of about 100... March 19, 2017
- March 19th - I thought today that it was time to check to see if... March 19, 2017
- March 18th - I popped up to a wind-blasted Chasewater, which is... March 19, 2017
- March 18th - A brief run out on a wolfish, windy afternoon had... March 19, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Distraction theft at Morrisons car park, Aldridge - be careful, folks.
- The Portman Collection - part five: Staff and class photos on a wet day
- Sad news in the search for Andy Cooper
- In the soup at Chasewater - this Saturday!
- Stationary travellers
- Flytipping morons strike again
- Goblin it up...
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - March 2017 public meeting this Monday!
- Woodmen outclassed by Coleshill
- The mystery of The Lost Stonnall Hoard
- 4,131,349 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Talk Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Express & Star
I’ve had a few enquiries about an incident up on Castlehill, Walsall Wood yesterday evening (Wednesday, 1st March 2017) that saw fire engines attend to a callout in the area.
Continue reading →
I’m receiving bits of information about a couple of road accidents this evening (Saturday, 11th February 2017) – a clearly quite serious one on the Pelsall Road between Brownhills and the Fingerpost, and another either on, or on the approaches to the M6 Toll/Burntwood Way.
You may recall the unfortunate house fire in Wyre Close, Walsall Wood last December, and the subsequent appeal to folks who could maybe donate unwanted household items when the couple found a house again.
Continue reading →
Yesterday, roving Walsall Wood current affairs correspondent Stephen Hill sent me the above collection of images and the following observations about what is currently happening at Oak Park.
Images and details kindly supplied by Stephen Hill [Updated 2:00pm Traffic now clearing – Cheers, Bob] There’s been a nasty accident in Walsall Wood this lunchtime (Wednesday 4th January 2017), and traffic congestion and road closures are ongoing as emergency … Continue reading →
There’s currently a serious fire occurring at the the derelict former Oak Park Recreation Centre in Walsall Wood.
Sorry, bit late with the news, but Christmas Eve seems a good time to tell you that it seems Jordan Gaddu, who was missing for several days last week has been in contact with friends and family and is safe and well.