Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 22nd - I note a fair crop of acorns this year, and like... August 23, 2016
- August 22nd - I had to pop to Telford mid day, and leaving the... August 23, 2016
- August 21st - Had no idea this was a genuine issue at Middleton... August 22, 2016
- August 21st - Having had sugar, I felt much better and headed... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - Something else I was pleased to note on my long,... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - A very tired day in which I felt groggy, tired and... August 22, 2016
- August 19th - The rains of the day had brought out the... August 20, 2016
- August 19th - Another late night return, this time after 11pm,... August 20, 2016
- August 18th - An exhausted return from work very, very late.... August 19, 2016
- August 17th - Another sunset return after an early start and... August 18, 2016
- August 17th - Too many cats I hear you cry - sorry, but I adore... August 17, 2016
- August 16th - No wildlife today, sadly; I had hoped to carry the... August 17, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Shock closure of Shire Oak pub
- Christmas, 1957 - but who's that girl?
- New store opening in Brownhills today!
- A remarkable local rail journey - stepping right out of time
- Taylor made memories
- Shire Oak just reopened with new landlord!
- Beware - garage and shed burglaries occurring again locally
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- A welcome miscellany - which of these do you remember?
- Flying into history
- 3,439,652 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @phil_bembridge: Still some prints left of my Audrey Hepburn portrait, on sale for £15 +postage. You can purchase these on my... https… 3 minutes ago
- RT @abstex: "move your bloody bag or I'll have to sit on the floor by the bogs" https://t.co/n7XcMVusk4 8 minutes ago
- RT @WilyMouse: Wow! Such stunning insects - and a very smart bit of nest architecture too! twitter.com/bagshawsophie/… 8 minutes ago
- RT @avilarenata: Liberté. France. 2016. https://t.co/SFr4K7AaG0 11 minutes ago
- RT @tegiminis: british politics are so petty and juvenile it's a miracle anything gets done 14 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Category Archives: Express & Star
A reminder for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park that there’s a meeting of the Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at the Clean and Green Depot, Pelsall Road, Brownhills this Thursday 7th July 2016) from 7:30pm.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know that this Sunday (June 12th 2016), the second Staffordshire Ironman Triathlon will be staged, with a 1.2 mile swim in Chasewater being amongst the highlights.
Continue reading →
If you’re wondering what all the sirens were in Brownhills early this evening (Thursday, 21st April 2016), there was a fairly large fire broke out at National Tyres, just at Co-op Corner, on the junction of Lichfield Road and Ogley Road.
A timely warning to residents of Clayhanger and further afield that the reported incidents of poisoned bait being left around the village seem to be ongoing still – after the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored meat on Clayhanger Common and the subsequent discovery of possibly poisoned bait a little while later, comes this awful tale from Facebook user Shannon Vanessa Binding.
A reminder for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park that there’s a meeting of the newly-formed Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at Clayhanger Community Centre, in Church Street, Clayhanger, this evening (Tuesday 2nd March 2016) from 7:30pm.
Thanks for all your shares and retweets – missing Walsall teenager Ellie Remington has been found safe and well this morning, Tuesday 1st March 2016 – great news for all concerned.
West Midlands Police are becoming increasingly concerned for the welfare of teenager Ellie Remington, who has been missing from her home in Walsall since the 20th February 2016, and are appealing for the public’s help in finding her.