Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 20th - Further on, Clayhanger Common is greening over a... April 21, 2017
- April 20th - A better day, recovered now. Returning home on the... April 21, 2017
- April 19th - A tired commute and weary day at work as a result... April 21, 2017
- April 18th - The Churnet Valley is beautiful - no ifs and no... April 21, 2017
- April 18th - It was a beautiful but tough ride. Only 91 miles,... April 21, 2017
- April 18th - I took the train to Macclesfield, and rode back. If... April 21, 2017
- April 17th - When I set out, I wasn’t feeling the love; the... April 21, 2017
- April 17th - Spotted in a canalside garden on a dull. overcast... April 21, 2017
- April 16th - At Chasewater, someone has designed and implemented... April 17, 2017
- April 16th - Running an errand to Chasetown, near St. Anne’s... April 17, 2017
- April 15th - A good 50 miler over the Chase, Shugborough and... April 17, 2017
- April 15th - A better day, but with a keen wind and I headed out... April 17, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent: Police appeal for witnesses to Rushall collision
- Aston Manor Transport Museum in Aldridge - Spring Running Day this Sunday
- Former Terrace Restaurant to become World Buffet - confirmed!
- St. George's Day party at Walsall Wood this Sunday!
- Police appeal for witnesses to fatal road collision in Walsall Wood
- There's no stopping Ian!
- Police appeal for witnesses to Shelfield collision
- Beware of possible bogus parcel carrier operating locally
- Fly on the wall
- Woodmen suffer cruel fate as Highgate seize victory
- 4,205,549 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Express & Star
Walsall police this afternoon issued the following appeal for witnesses to come forward who may have seen the Mercedes Convertible, pictured below, on Wednesday last (19th April 2017) after in was involved in a collision on the Lichfield Road in Rushall, as a result of which an elderly man lost his life.
I’ve had a few enquiries about an incident up on Castlehill, Walsall Wood yesterday evening (Wednesday, 1st March 2017) that saw fire engines attend to a callout in the area.
Continue reading →
I’m receiving bits of information about a couple of road accidents this evening (Saturday, 11th February 2017) – a clearly quite serious one on the Pelsall Road between Brownhills and the Fingerpost, and another either on, or on the approaches to the M6 Toll/Burntwood Way.
You may recall the unfortunate house fire in Wyre Close, Walsall Wood last December, and the subsequent appeal to folks who could maybe donate unwanted household items when the couple found a house again.
Continue reading →
Yesterday, roving Walsall Wood current affairs correspondent Stephen Hill sent me the above collection of images and the following observations about what is currently happening at Oak Park.
Images and details kindly supplied by Stephen Hill [Updated 2:00pm Traffic now clearing – Cheers, Bob] There’s been a nasty accident in Walsall Wood this lunchtime (Wednesday 4th January 2017), and traffic congestion and road closures are ongoing as emergency … Continue reading →
There’s currently a serious fire occurring at the the derelict former Oak Park Recreation Centre in Walsall Wood.