Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 3rd - Some advertising wonk was paid to come up with this... May 3, 2016
- May 3rd - The swans who’ve nested on the Walsall Canal at... May 3, 2016
- May 2nd - After what seems like weeks of grey, cold weather it... May 3, 2016
- May 2nd - What a difference an hour made.It had been a miserable... May 3, 2016
- May 1st - Born to be wild, still running free, the Newtown... May 2, 2016
- May 1st - A blustery and occasionally wet ride over to Walton on... May 2, 2016
- April 20th - As the weather had cleared, I stopped to snap a... May 2, 2016
- April 30th - So, there I’d done gone and promised to bring ny... May 2, 2016
- April 29th - A long day, which broke very, very bad news. A... April 30, 2016
- April 28th - Another striking return is of the leaves to the row... April 28, 2016
- April 28th - A beautiful morning but yet again, very cold. It’s... April 28, 2016
- April 27th - I keep noticing this Giant bike at Telford; I don’t... April 27, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent: Brownhills dementia sufferer missing from home
- There was something on the goods shed
- It's about Brownhills
- Police appeal: please help find Ruth Anne Smith
- Woodmen shoot a failing Star
- May Day at dawn
- Do you remember Anchor Garage?
- 2015 Walsall local election results - the political pendulum swings back?
- Standing up for a quiet man
- Up around the bend
- 3,179,854 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @AwwwwCats: My cat bought a mouse for me to eat. https://t.co/sfrZ3Iuc0B 5 hours ago
- RT @Naz_Faulkner: The vote is more potent than any petition or protest. Let's use it! We deserve to be heard! We can make a difference! 5 hours ago
- RT @mrkocnnll: I fucking love France https://t.co/IzsS3wzfhZ 5 hours ago
- RT @LulhAndy: For the love of all that's holy, follow @ArtAttackJumper - SERIOUSLY - Follow 5 hours ago
- RT @DavidAllenGreen: End times. twitter.com/thetimes/statu… 5 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 9, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 16, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 23, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Things to do
Last Saturday afternoon (30th April 2016), the Woodmen faced Continental Star at Oak Park, and I think it’s fair to say Walsall Wood sent star home with their reputation in a carrier bag – a thumping five nil win for the Wood lads was a fine finish to the season.
[caption id="attachment_30070" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Rain dance in the Park[/caption] Continue reading →
An interesting event is taking place today, Bank holiday Monday 2nd May 2016 at Chasewater, where the Chase Sailing Club (that’s the one on the north shore) will be holding their annual open day for people to come and check out what they do.
Last Thursday evening (8th April 2016) Walsall Wood were at home entertaining Lye Town, and a goalless match was the result – but unusually for a goalless match it was a great game and entertained Bill Shaw despite the late of goal action.
Kim Savage from the Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills has been in touch to let me know that there’s live music on again this weekend at the popular Brownhills pub.
Continue reading →
Your chance to catch Walsall Wood in action against Continental Star at Oak Park this afternoon!
Continue reading →
Just a quick heads up that this Saturday (rather than the usual Sunday…) (30th April 2016), there’s to be a Spring Fair at Chasewater – there will be craft stalls, food, art, amusements and all the usual type things there.
Back last Monday evening(25th April 2016), Walsall Wood played the latest of their recent marathon match run, when they visited Stourport Swifts at Walshes Meadow, and came home with a respectable draw.