Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 25th - Passing New Barns Farm at Footherley, I stopped... October 25, 2016
- October 25th - I’d been to Droitwich to see a customer and get... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - Something out of the ordinary picked up by the... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - Passing Jockey Meadows on the way home, the clean... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - All of a sudden, Autumn has exploded into vibrant... October 25, 2016
- October 23rd - The pigs of Packington Moor are always... October 24, 2016
- October 23rd - For the final light Sunday evening of 2016, I... October 24, 2016
- October 22nd - Seeing my old friend, who’s still ill but better... October 23, 2016
- October 22nd - I’d been to see an old mate who’s not been so... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - A free afternoon in Birmingham was fun, rooting... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - Riding to work along the canal in Walsall in the... October 23, 2016
- October 20th - Spotted from the canal towpath as I zipped past,... October 21, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Fire incident at the former Terrace Restaurant, Brownhills
- A Ferrie on the cut - but who with, and where?
- Motorcyclist dies in Brownhills accident
- An uncommon flight over Chasewater and Brownhills
- A wish for the Wishing Well?
- Car Crash on the A5, Brownhills Sunday morning - 1 hurt
- Car smashes through garage in early morning Brownhills crash
- Walsall Wood Saints need your votes!
- Was the investigation into the Grove Pit Disaster a whitewash?
- Charles Henry Ruddock: A local Victorian in the Great War
- 3,593,238 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @SCCChasewater: Ecologist Dan is getting in on the act, snapping these residents of Chasewater having a neighbourly chat! https://t.co/… 25 minutes ago
- RT @Deer_Aware: 4/5 Be prepared to stop. Try not to swerve to avoid a deer. Hitting oncoming traffic or other obstacles could be even worse… 40 minutes ago
- RT @tommykaboom: They used the word "jungle" about 50 times in that bbc Calais report. They're not animals they're people. 44 minutes ago
- RT @thestymaster: See. Told you. Especially you, @BrownhillsBob twitter.com/thedailymash/s… 48 minutes ago
- RT @RCorbettMEP: In EP debate today, Farage calls Clegg and Miliband Nazi collaborators, and #UKIP MEPs give ovation to Le Pen. UKIP again… 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Things to do
Yesterday afternoon (22nd October 2016), Walsall Wood F.C. travelled to Allpay Park at Hereford to face Westfields, who sadly beat the Woodmen 6-0.
Alex Turner from Walsall Wood (formerly Shire Oak) Saints Football Club – who are now partnered with Walsall Wood Football FC at Oak Park – has been in touch to ask readers if they’d take a little time out to register and cast votes for their bid for a slice of the Aviva Community Fund, to help improve the facilities for the club and for kids in Walsall Wood.
Your chance to catch Walsall Wood away at Hereford’s Westfields this afternoon!
Continue reading →
Tom Reid from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust has been in touch to let us know about the progress they’re making in opening up the former canal towpath as a walking route between Barracks Lane and Summerhill, aided by corporate volunteers.
Last Wednesday (19th October 2016) Walsall Wood travelled to Heanor Town and sadly, came away soundly beaten following yet another injury.
The Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills goes from strength to strength – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music too – and tonight, Thursday 20th October 2016, the pub has it’s regular Acoustic Night.
Old pal of the blog and top local musical whizz Jamie Norgrove contacted me from Brownhills Musical Theatre Company last to ask if I’d plug their latest show – The Addams Family – which looks to be a real gem.
Continue reading →