Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 27th - And on my return, the weather was so lovely, I... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - A foul commute in steady rain and a headwind, with... July 27, 2016
- July 26th - The harvest started a few days before the weather... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - In Rushall, a couple of apple trees have fruit... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - A horrid, horrid ride home. I had to take a trip... July 26, 2016
- July 24th - Finally getting out on a ride late afternoon, I... July 24, 2016
- July 24th - I paid a flying visit to the Vintage Fair at... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Spotted on the canal near Tamhorn Park, between... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Pleased to see again that the walnut tree,... July 24, 2016
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
- July 21st - It’s been a great week of commuting so far. Sunny... July 21, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Reports bogus Dyson engineer scam operating locally again
- Beware: blue-green algae found at Chasewater
- Good luck to the Brownhills in Bloom team!
- Shop local...
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - July 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- In memoriam: Roger Mosedale
- Race of the Year, 1977
- Get set for Cockfest 2016!
- 3,377,793 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- It's a brave, desperate or foolish man that disturbs The Ogg before 11am 2 hours ago
- RT @edjeff: “Please stop shitting in my living room.” “Free speech.” 2 hours ago
- 'We haven't got any scrap Pokemon. And all the scrap Picachus have been counted. Now sling your fooking hook!' 2 hours ago
- Big Al just stopped a couple of lads in the yard who entered following a wagon 'What you boys want?' 'We're looking for Pokemon' 'Fuck off.' 2 hours ago
- Of course, Molly's cockiness will only last as far her first fallover... Kids. Love working with them. Watching them find their way 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Tag Archives: Things to do
I’d like to wish all the very best of luck to the hard working volunteers and community minded folk who’ve worked with Brownhills Town Centre Partnership on this year’s Brownhills in Bloom bird, which is judged this afternoon (Wednesday, 27th July 2016).
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Thursday evening (28th July 2016) there will be a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
I notice that this Sunday, 24th July 2016, there’s a rather fun looking vintage event being staged at Chasewater Railway byMabel’s Vintage Carriage, who have a regular vintage stall in a carriage at the preserved railway.
The Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills goes from strength to strength – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – and there’s a great Vinyl Disco on this weekend.
Andy Roper from Walsall Wood Football Club has been in touch to let me know that they’re having a maintenance weekend at Oak Park today and tomorrow (Saturday 23 July -Sunday 24 July 206), from 12-5pm each day.
Brownhills Community Association have been busy, and recently got in touch to point out that they have a great new arts and performance space in the refurbished former school hall which is now called The Lamp.
Just a quick heads up that this Sunday (17th July 2016), there’s to be a Summer Fair and Dog Show at Chasewater – the whole thing runs from 10am until 4pm, with registration for the Dog Show taking place from 11am and the show itself at 2:30pm.
Continue reading →