Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 21st - As I neared Brownhills, a beautiful violet-red... September 22, 2017
- September 21st - Returning home after a long day through north... September 22, 2017
- 5,000 posts! Bimey. September 20, 2017
- September 20th - The conker (or horse chestnut to be formal for... September 20, 2017
- September 20th - A good fungal find near conifers by the canal... September 20, 2017
- September 19th - I had to visit Telford and when I arrived late... September 19, 2017
- September 19th n- One of the odder fruits of the autumn is the... September 19, 2017
- September 18th - It was grey and just after heavy rain when I... September 19, 2017
- September 18th - Riding through the backstreets of central... September 19, 2017
- September 17th - By the time I arrived at Shenstone 30 minutes... September 18, 2017
- September 17th - I left at lunchtime and headed to... September 18, 2017
- September 16th - I was being watched at Catshill Junction.My... September 18, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- It's a gas... roadworks due in Brownhills, but not on the resurfaced part of High Street
- Get ale and hearty at Chasewater this weekend!
- Lichfield and Hatherton's huge canal Heritage Gathering is this weekend!
- Pictures from the 2017 Huddlesford Heritage Gathering
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Get locked out in Walsall this Saturday
- A past landscape from a surprise source
- Wood crushes Chelmsley
- Traffic incident causing holdups in Brownhills this morning
- The Effluent society
- 4,648,745 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Brownhills
I received notice of this great event from Walsall Police via the excellent WMNow service today, advertising a pop-up meet the police event this Friday, 22nd September 2017 at Tesco, Brownhills where you can meet your local policing team and get help, crime prevention and public safety advice.
Hey folks – please be on the lookout for a stolen motorbike, taken on Saturday 16th September 2017 from Pelsall while the owner was at a friend’s house.
Reader Andrea Atterbury has been in touch to warn readers that items of what is believed to be meat bait have been recently found on Clayhanger Common including pig’s trotters, leading to renewed fears that poisoned bait may be being placed on the common again.
I’ve had an enquiry in from reader Diane Clift regarding her family, the Danks, a connection with the Cliufts and the Sgoulder of Mutton pub in Church Road, Brownhills.
I’m aware of ongoing reports of a car accident involving a child in Blakemore Road, Walsall Wood near Castlefort School this morning (Friday 15th September 2017).
Continue reading →
I’ve always supported the wonderful parent and toddler walking and social group that took place weekly at Chasewater – Chasewater Strollers, which grew via the human dynamo of Esther Allen and others into the wonderful Spark movement in Burntwood – well, the original Stroller group is relaunching this Monday, 11th September 2017.
Continue reading →
Several times over the previous eight years of this blog the question of the function and decommissioning of the steam pump that once stood at Chasewater has cropped up, and always provokes interesting debate – well, reader Ian James has been in touch with a snippet of information he’s found in a book relating to the long gone pumping plant.