Because you’re free to read this blog
- 5,000 posts! Bimey. September 20, 2017
- September 20th - The conker (or horse chestnut to be formal for... September 20, 2017
- September 20th - A good fungal find near conifers by the canal... September 20, 2017
- September 19th - I had to visit Telford and when I arrived late... September 19, 2017
- September 19th n- One of the odder fruits of the autumn is the... September 19, 2017
- September 18th - It was grey and just after heavy rain when I... September 19, 2017
- September 18th - Riding through the backstreets of central... September 19, 2017
- September 17th - By the time I arrived at Shenstone 30 minutes... September 18, 2017
- September 17th - I left at lunchtime and headed to... September 18, 2017
- September 16th - I was being watched at Catshill Junction.My... September 18, 2017
- September 16th - A frustrating daytime of delays and faffing... September 18, 2017
- September 15th - A bad day in many ways, when not much seemed to... September 16, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- A past landscape from a surprise source
- Traffic incident causing holdups in Brownhills this morning
- Circling Ravens
- Seek and you shall find something familiar at The Lamp Arts this Friday!
- Wood crushes Chelmsley
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Walsall Wood Under 18s: Another great win, and an apology
- Dog walkers beware - possible bait found on Clayhanger Common again
- Picture this - A lovely, local thing
- Urgent! Please look out for this stolen motorbike seen in Walsall Wood
- 4,643,175 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: rubbish
Hi folks – I’m getting a lot of enquiries regarding Christmas bin collection arrangements in the borough of Walsall, and thought I’d post the official guidance for those that seem concerned about when the guys in orange will come and collect their rubbish.
As predicted here a couple of weeks ago, the announcement by Walsall Council has now been made, and a leaflet is currently being circulated regarding reducing collections of your grey non-recycling bin to once every two weeks – interestingly, the announce meant is directly following the local elections. Continue reading →
Like most of the households in the borough, we’ve received a leaflet from Walsall Council recently in place of the normal bin collection calendar/schedule we normally receive at this time of year – the leaflet says a new calendar won’t be issued until ‘Late summer, 2016’ – I wonder why that might be?
Continue reading →
If you’re wondering what all the sirens were in Brownhills early this evening (Thursday, 21st April 2016), there was a fairly large fire broke out at National Tyres, just at Co-op Corner, on the junction of Lichfield Road and Ogley Road.
Just a heads up to all the bin botherers that there is the first brown (garden waste) bin collection of 2016 in Area 9 tomorrow (Friday, 8th February 2016) – that’s Brownhills, Pelsall, Shire Oak and Clayhanger – so get your bins out for the lads tonight.
I’ve had a large number of queries today about bin collections for Good Friday and the Easter Weekend (Friday 25th March, Monday 28th March 2016) – collection services in Walsall Borough are operating normally as they doe for every Bank Holiday except the three over Christmas.
Just a heads up to all the bin botherers that there is a bin collection tomorrow (Friday, 8th January 2016) for areas 9 and 10 – that’s Brownhills, Pelsall, Shelfield, High Heat, Shire Oak and West Aldridge – so get your bins out for the lads tonight.