Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 7th - Out and about on a sunny, bright but windy day in... December 8, 2017
- December 6th - Well, this’ll be the end then. So long, it... December 7, 2017
- December 6th - Something today I noticed on a couple of bikes in... December 7, 2017
- December 5th - A very dark, grey and overcast day without... December 6, 2017
- December 5th - In Telford again, and the work on the footbridge... December 6, 2017
- December 4th - Although it suddenly got warmer over the weekend,... December 5, 2017
- December 3rd - A quick, snatched photo taken while on an errand... December 4, 2017
- December 2nd - The Drunken Duck in Walsall Wood High Street is a... December 4, 2017
- December 2nd - Again passing through the Wood, this time to... December 4, 2017
- December 1st - Visiting Walsall Wood on an errand on my way... December 4, 2017
- December 1st - It was still very cold on Friday evening, and... December 4, 2017
- November 30th - Heading home that evening I hit the canal at the... December 4, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Snow update - Monday 11th December 2017
- Snow update - Tuesday 12th December 2017
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Ilkeston put the freeze on Walsall Wood
- Ooh - it's snowing! Walsall Schools closure list...
- Stourport swiftly dominate Wood as Wolves grab a sporting chance
- All white now
- BBC Television's Street Auction comes to Brownhills this Saturday!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- 4,896,627 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: footage
No doubt Bill Shaw would chastise me for saying this, but more bad news for the Walsall Wood faithful on Saturday last as they travelled to Ilkeston Town FC, and played a bold match – which I thought would be curtailed by the weather – only to lose 3-2.
Last Saturday, 7th October 2017 Walsall Wood FC entertained Pershore Town at Oak Park, beating the visitors four-nil.
One topic that steadily recurs here is the local motorcycling hero engineer that is Brian Crighton, who used to own the Honda Shop in Brownhills in the 70s and 80s – Brian is much liked and respected by the biking community, and his fame stretches far beyond Brownhills.
My attention has been drawn to a spate of van break-ins in the Norton Canes area of late – friend of the blog Jamie Bailey contacted me this morning and asked me to run the following appeal by his friend, Leane Woolley:
Continue reading →
You may recall that last week, I appealed for help from readers following the van burglary that took place at Clayhanger, during the early hours of Thursday 4th September 2014 – tools and equipment were stolen, including screw/nail guns and a radio from a van parked on the owner’s driveway on the Allerdale Estate in Clayhanger.
Continue reading →
Following the film of Norton Motorbikes whizzing around the lanes of Stonnall featured here last weekend, reader and local history author Clive Roberts has found the above video of Brian Crighton, who used to own the Honda shop in Silver Court, Brownhills in the 70s and 80s.
This film shows Norton Motorcycles – then at Shenstone, just on Lynn Lane – in an article on top gear from the 1980s – Note the worthy, serious tone of the piece, and the great film of Lynn Lane, Wallheath Lane and Stonnall.
Continue reading →