Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 12th - Passing back through Walsall Wood at sunset, I... October 13, 2017
- October 12th - In Darlaston Green on a sunny day, outside the... October 13, 2017
- October 12th - The united colours of… a Black Country... October 13, 2017
- October 11th - Again returning as darkness fell, I caught sight... October 12, 2017
- October 11th - Spotted on the way to work, again on the rich,... October 12, 2017
- October 10th - I returned to Shenstone on a horribly... October 11, 2017
- October 10th - I passed through Birmingham in a hurry on... October 11, 2017
- October 9th - Darkness is now frequently impinging on my... October 11, 2017
- August 9th - Spotted on the way to work, quick mobile phone... October 11, 2017
- October 8th - Up in the cinematic, wide open landscape of... October 11, 2017
- October 8th - A better day when the sun periodically graced us... October 11, 2017
- October 7th - Time for a seasonal warning, I guess. Along the... October 11, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Incident on Clayhanger Common yesterday - West Midlands Police issue statement
- Woodmen surprised at Nuneaton
- The end of a nightmare, or just another false dawn?
- Mind the Gap
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- It definitely wasn't a Goodyear - help solve a mystery!
- New facilities with more going on, in the heart of Brownhills...
- Police issue statement following armed response in Stewart Road, Walsall Wood
- Special branch
- Details of Walsall Council's park bonfire events for 2017
- 4,744,302 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: footage
Last Saturday, 7th October 2017 Walsall Wood FC entertained Pershore Town at Oak Park, beating the visitors four-nil.
One topic that steadily recurs here is the local motorcycling hero engineer that is Brian Crighton, who used to own the Honda Shop in Brownhills in the 70s and 80s – Brian is much liked and respected by the biking community, and his fame stretches far beyond Brownhills.
My attention has been drawn to a spate of van break-ins in the Norton Canes area of late – friend of the blog Jamie Bailey contacted me this morning and asked me to run the following appeal by his friend, Leane Woolley:
Continue reading →
You may recall that last week, I appealed for help from readers following the van burglary that took place at Clayhanger, during the early hours of Thursday 4th September 2014 – tools and equipment were stolen, including screw/nail guns and a radio from a van parked on the owner’s driveway on the Allerdale Estate in Clayhanger.
Continue reading →
Following the film of Norton Motorbikes whizzing around the lanes of Stonnall featured here last weekend, reader and local history author Clive Roberts has found the above video of Brian Crighton, who used to own the Honda shop in Silver Court, Brownhills in the 70s and 80s.
This film shows Norton Motorcycles – then at Shenstone, just on Lynn Lane – in an article on top gear from the 1980s – Note the worthy, serious tone of the piece, and the great film of Lynn Lane, Wallheath Lane and Stonnall.
Continue reading →