Donate to the Mylee appeal here.
Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 21st - Meanwhile, in Kings Hill Park the crowds are... February 21, 2018
- February 21st - Looking down Victoria Road from Darlaston Town... February 21, 2018
- February 20th - Spring is encroaching. This evening, coming... February 21, 2018
- February 19th - This one has been puzzling me for a while. In... February 20, 2018
- February 19th - Travelling to work on a grey, horrible morning I... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - One of the stranger legacies of the M6 Toll... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - In what turned out to be an abortive, doomed... February 19, 2018
- February 18th - A call in to Ogley Junction to see how the... February 19, 2018
- February 17th - Back in Brownhills, and another azure blue... February 19, 2018
- February 17th - Out just as the sun went down on an errand in... February 19, 2018
- February 16th - At last, a long ride and a day that felt like... February 19, 2018
- February 15th - I missed the sunset, but escaped from work on a... February 19, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- Rest in peace Brian 'Bill' White: Funeral details announced
- A bricked-up time capsule...
- Brick by brick
- The Friends of Brownhills Common - March 2018 meeting coming soon!
- Want to catch that brilliant talk about the Aldridge Suffragette?
- Clayhanger 2018 Big Spring Clean Tidy coming soon!
- Have a great night of music and dance - and Back The Track!
- October 1991 - MP calls for a two day exhibition of Toll Road
- The summer of 82... and school was out!
- 5,088,760 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Shannon Diana
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
Tag Archives: community
Old friend of the blog San Brett has been in touch to let me know that her internet radio station Falcon Radio (you can tune in here) will be holding a request marathon in memory and support of Mylee Billingham who tragically died last month.
Continue reading →
Never one to sit back and let life pass her by, that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is involved with a new project – Lichfield Repair and Share – which starts today (Saturday, 29th April 2017) at Woodhouse Farm, just north of Whittington, between 2pm and 4pm.
That there Lucy Wood from the Saxon Hill Craft Barn shop at Chasewater Innovation Centre has written to let me know that they’re holding a free Community Doodle Workshop this Saturday, 8th April 2017 from 10am until 2pm, and all are welcome!
Alex Turner from Walsall Wood (formerly Shire Oak) Saints Football Club – who are now partnered with Walsall Wood Football FC at Oak Park – has been in touch to ask readers if they’d take a little time out to register and cast votes for their bid for a slice of the Aviva Community Fund, to help improve the facilities for the club and for kids in Walsall Wood.
Just a quick post to highlight that friend of the blog San Brett will be live on 2ndcityradio.net tonight (Wednesday 6 July 2016) from 7-9pm – tune in on line at the link below.
Continue reading →
Next Monday (27th June 2016 from 11am until 3pm), there’s a community showcase event taking place in Walsall which may well be of interest to blog readers – particularly those interested in community relations, activities and the voluntary sector.
I see that the wonderful San Brett – of local radio fame – has sadly been suffering poor health of late and has passed management of her popular Brownhills cafe San’s Kitchen over to new manager Adam Brookes – Adam’s sent me details of opening hours and offers he’s got on to tickle your taste buds…