- August 16th - Thankfully New Street is a rare delight these...
- August 16th - A dreadful morning commute in heavy rain to the...
- August 15th - Also ripening in the hedgerows and waysides are a...
- August 15th - With all the sun we’ve had, the haws - fruit of...
- August 14th - A tiring, very long day, but despite my weekend...
- 5,477,189 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
282050 TracksTo Here Knows When
12 hoursOnly Shallow
12 hoursWaiting to Land - Epic45 Reworking
12 hoursAutumn Fires
12 hoursRAF Saxa Vord
12 hoursAugust Country Fires - Epic45 Reworking
12 hoursWiltshire Days And Skies
12 hoursIt's Late In The Day For Love
Ivor Sperring on Picture this: A Chasewater chi… Picture this: A Chas… on Memories of Chasewater Nick Pilley on Oddfellows local Nick Pilley on Oddfellows local Blooming canal volun… on A lost line
Tag Archives: Grass fire
I was elsewhere yesterday afternoon as it’s good cycling weather – but I noticed from social media feeds and enquiries that there was a grass fire on Gentleshaw Common towards the evening.
I note from the twitter feed or the local fire service that there were two separate outbreaks of grass fire on Brownhills Common just off Chester Raod late yesterday afternoon (Sunday 8th May 2016).
Here’s a quick one – a lovely photo sent in by Marion Jones from her father’s collection – a photo of a grassfire on the land that would become Clayhanger Common, but it’s not the grassfire itself (and this is a fine picture of that), it’s what’s going on in the background.