Top Posts & Pages
- #365daysofbiking That sinking feeling:December 13th - Struggling...
- #365daysofbiking The Crossing:December 13th - A bright, glass...
- #365daysofbiking Rolling downhill:December 12th - On such a...
- #365daysofbking Into the mystic:December 12th - Out and about on...
- #365daysofbiking Solid air:December 11th - Heading back to work...
- 5,720,756 hits
Recent tracksBrownhills Bob
286023 TracksCuckoo Waltz
9 hoursJust Turn for Home
9 hoursMoss and Yew
9 hoursThe Green Line
9 hoursI Can See The Sea From Here
10 hoursOn Ditchling Beacon
10 hoursA Lychgate
10 hoursHop Pickers
John Hall on Remembering the Telstars: Rock… Kev on Tyred out – huge thanks… A party this Friday… on Remembering Janey andyropes7 on Tyred out – huge thanks… Janet Davies on Tyred out – huge thanks…
Tag Archives: Grass fire
I was elsewhere yesterday afternoon as it’s good cycling weather – but I noticed from social media feeds and enquiries that there was a grass fire on Gentleshaw Common towards the evening.
I note from the twitter feed or the local fire service that there were two separate outbreaks of grass fire on Brownhills Common just off Chester Raod late yesterday afternoon (Sunday 8th May 2016).
Here’s a quick one – a lovely photo sent in by Marion Jones from her father’s collection – a photo of a grassfire on the land that would become Clayhanger Common, but it’s not the grassfire itself (and this is a fine picture of that), it’s what’s going on in the background.