Donate to the Mylee appeal here.
Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 23rd - If the mist of the previous evening had been... February 23, 2018
- February 22nd - Frustratingly, I had to pop into Birmingham on... February 23, 2018
- February 22nd - Passing through Telford on a flying visit in the... February 23, 2018
- February 21st - Meanwhile, in Kings Hill Park the crowds are... February 21, 2018
- February 21st - Looking down Victoria Road from Darlaston Town... February 21, 2018
- February 20th - Spring is encroaching. This evening, coming... February 21, 2018
- February 19th - This one has been puzzling me for a while. In... February 20, 2018
- February 19th - Travelling to work on a grey, horrible morning I... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - One of the stranger legacies of the M6 Toll... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - In what turned out to be an abortive, doomed... February 19, 2018
- February 18th - A call in to Ogley Junction to see how the... February 19, 2018
- February 17th - Back in Brownhills, and another azure blue... February 19, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- Rest in peace Brian 'Bill' White: Funeral details announced
- October 1991 - MP calls for a two day exhibition of Toll Road
- A bricked-up time capsule...
- Class photos
- Two great events coming up from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Trust!
- Fired up
- A team line up and a pig roast: What do you know?
- Have a great night of music and dance - and Back The Track!
- The summer of 82... and school was out!
- The Portman Collection - part three: Final forms, and on with the sport
- 5,089,984 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Shannon Diana
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
Tag Archives: ride
We’ve had a really fine few days, and I really feel now that summer is on her throne – the leaves are all fully out now, the whites and yellows of spring are turning to the reds and purples of summer, and nature and the landscape is resplendent in the multi-colured jacket the sun provides.
Yesterday, Good Friday 18th April 2014, was a good day for a ride – with the day off and the sun shining (although not as warm as one would have thought), I headed out to Staffordshire to cath the sun and beauty of spring.
We’re a third of the way through March, and daffodils are out, the sun is high in the sky and spring is in full effect – I left in the afternoon for a quiet, fast spin – I ended up on a 45-miler around Lichfield, Croxall, Edingale, Harlaston, Whittington, Weeford and Shenstone.
[caption id="attachment_17934" align="alignleft" width="300"] How Shenstone looks best: in silhouette[/caption] Continue reading