Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 22nd - Seeing my old friend, who’s still ill but better... October 23, 2016
- October 22nd - I’d been to see an old mate who’s not been so... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - A free afternoon in Birmingham was fun, rooting... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - Riding to work along the canal in Walsall in the... October 23, 2016
- October 20th - Spotted from the canal towpath as I zipped past,... October 21, 2016
- October 20th - Heading home along the canal through Pleck,... October 21, 2016
- October 19th - Although I use the bike cam constantly, I stopped... October 20, 2016
- October 19th - Ostensibly asleep, but wide awake and studiously... October 20, 2016
- October 19th - Darlaston is at it’s best in autumn, and with the... October 20, 2016
- October 18th - Another lovely golden hour, this time as I came... October 19, 2016
- October 18th - Stripes here is cross because on the way to work,... October 19, 2016
- October 17th - I made it back to Brownhills in a glorious sunset... October 19, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- An uncommon flight over Chasewater and Brownhills
- Car smashes through garage in early morning Brownhills crash
- A wish for the Wishing Well?
- Walsall Wood Saints need your votes!
- Charles Henry Ruddock: A local Victorian in the Great War
- Huge progress being made on local canal restoration
- Woodmen in Westfields wipeout
- Taking a Walker
- Man trapped in car on M6 Toll following incident on Saturday evening
- 3,579,242 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Roger_Nock: @BrownhillsBob this is his work. Incredible. twitter.com/_andrewtyrrell… 6 hours ago
- RT @ThePlasticHippo: A letter from the jungle theplastichippo.wordpress.com/2016/10/24/a-l… https://t.co/Me3CIo0Ez9 6 hours ago
- RT @dog_rates: Meet Maggie. She can hear your cells divide. 12/10 can also probably fly https://t.co/ovE2hqXryV 6 hours ago
- RT @scatterkeir: @LaughingNoam freespeechers hate free speech, don't they? Wanting to get everyone sacked for it all the time. 6 hours ago
- RT @peatK: @BrownhillsBob ha. I did Knox's graves lane on Friday. Lot better than the Tamworth Lane bridle way! Nettle rash from ankle to w… 7 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Category Archives: Chasewater
I note Chasewater Railway have a celebration this Sunday (2nd October 2016)of their lovely little green locomotive Teddy with special services, brake van rides, photo opportunities and much more for all the family!
You’ll remember a few days ago I cautioned local folk – especially dog walkers – to beware of the deer at the moment as the rut was getting underway, and they’d be a whole lot less tolerant as the hormones did their thing – well, I wasn’t wrong – as the video here shows, deer romance is well underway at Chasewater, with remarkable footage captured today by deer expert Jochen Langbein.
This is just a quick note to warn people given to exploring the open spaces of the area that over the next 8-10 weeks or so the deer population will be getting amorous – it’s rutting time for our large brown friends, and that means one thing: the heaths around Brownhills, Clayhanger, Pelsall and Chasewater in particular are likely to be host to rather grumpy, aggressive stags guarding their female harems.
Continue reading →
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting tonight (Monday 12th September 2016) of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Readers who’ve been hanging around this ramshackle, leaky village pump for a while will no doubt remember how we’ve touched here on the history of local marching bands, particularly the Burntwood Blue Birds Jazz Band.
An appeal reaches me via Facebook from Pool House Veterinary Hospital – rather delightful Yorkshire Terrier was found in Shire Oak Park, Brownhills/Walsall Wood and it would be nice if we could reunite her with his owners.
I note Chasewater Railway have a Late Summer Gala this weekend (Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th September 2016), with special guest engine Andrew Barclay and a much busier running timetable than normal.