Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 11th - After getting one or two bits of shopping in, it... December 14, 2017
- December 11th - I’d run around in the morning sorting displaced... December 14, 2017
- December 10th - I continued from Chasewater up around Engine... December 13, 2017
- December 10th - They say things come to those who wait, and... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - Lichfield has a little secret that I’d love to... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - Lichfield Food Festival was huge, and very busy.... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - I was looking forward to a snowy ride out to a... December 13, 2017
- December 8th - As I approached the supermarket at Burntwood,... December 13, 2017
- December 8th - The forecast had been for heavy snow during the... December 13, 2017
- December 7th - Out and about on a sunny, bright but windy day in... December 8, 2017
- December 6th - Well, this’ll be the end then. So long, it... December 7, 2017
- December 6th - Something today I noticed on a couple of bikes in... December 7, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Man tries to enter lady's car in Brownhills - be on your guard folks
- Police issue statement on incident at Northgate, Aldridge this morning
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- There's a great Christmas Fair in Brownhills this Friday evening...
- Incident on Clayhanger Common yesterday - West Midlands Police issue statement
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- The 'Crucifixion' incident in Walsall Wood - West Midlands Police issue statement
- Parents warned after incident in Aldridge
- Walsall Wood 1871 Inclosure
- Local history stuff: this much we know
- 4,911,689 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Chasewater
Right, I’m going to be busy this weekend – come on, the weather is too good to stay indoors – In the meantime, here’s a bunch of Christmas events assembled by readers on Facebook for this weekend- if you have any to add please do get in touch.
There’s a further chance to get into the Christmas spirit this Sunday (10th December 2017) – there’s the Annual Christmas Fair and Lantern Parade being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting next Monday week, 20th November 2017 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
I note Chasewater Railway have Halloween ghost trains running this evening (28th October 2016) with prizes for fancy dress, ghostly fun and games and much more spooky fun for all the family!
There’s a very interesting meeting taking place at 7pm Monday, 23rd October 2017 – that of Brownhills Neighbourhood Watch (but is open to anyone interested in local crime issues).
Continue reading →
One of the curious things about writing and keeping this blog has always been the steady, curious dynamic of story arcs – where an old subject gets continually, slowly and gradually expanded as Google lists it, people search and find the post, comment and expand it.
Continue reading →
Sorry again for the late notice but I note Chasewater Railway have their Coal Train event this weekend (Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th October 2017) with a mixture of diesel and steam runnings, demo trains and working plant.