Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 27th - Over in Kings Hill Park in Darlaston, there is a... March 27, 2017
- March 27th - Over at Bentley Bridge, near Darlaston Green, mixed... March 27, 2017
- March 26th - Amongst the animal life spotted in Tamworth, two... March 27, 2017
- March 26th - Another long ride, this time out to Middleton Hall,... March 27, 2017
- March 25th - First decent-length ride of the year in nice... March 27, 2017
- March 24th - In Birmingham for an important work visit, I took... March 26, 2017
- March 24th - I had to visit that cowslip in daylight, so I made... March 25, 2017
- March 23rd - I headed home in a dreadful headwind, needing to... March 25, 2017
- March 23rd - A mystery that’s been puzzling me for a long time... March 25, 2017
- March 22nd - A terrible photo snatched in the dark: but spring... March 25, 2017
- March 22nd - A rainy, horrid day: I found myself at New Street... March 25, 2017
- March 21st - I noticed this lad hopping about the yard at work,... March 22, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Car wash at the old Middle Oak?
- The Portman Collection - part five: Staff and class photos on a wet day
- Adrian Wigley: From Sankeys Club to Blackpool North Pier
- Distraction theft at Morrisons car park, Aldridge - be careful, folks.
- The dirty old town I love
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Woodmen outclassed by Coleshill
- Sad news in the search for Andy Cooper
- The Acropolis cafe shuts; Middle Oak to close and B&M to open in Focus, Aldridge
- 4,135,816 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Talk Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Chasewater
An interesting history walk is taking place this Sunday, 26th March 2017 at Chasewater, entitled ‘Where does the water go?’ which takes a look at how the dam infrastructure functions, and some of the industrial history of Anglesey Basin and surrounds.
Chasewater Railway – the little gem of a preserved industrial railway right on our doorstep is holding it’s annual Industrial Gala this weekend, Saturday and Sunday 18-19th March 2017.
Continue reading →
Friend of the blog Jess Horsley has been in touch to ask me to spread the appeal for a stolen Star Pei dog, pictured above, that was stolen from her pal’s garden in Bloxwich on Monday 13th March 2017 – Jess wrote:
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting tonight, Monday 13th March 2017 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Please share as widely as possible – this is urgent, a friend of the blog has asked me to share this stolen dog alert – the above dog was snatched in Ogley Park off Saddler Road in Brownhills this afternoon by two lads.
Continue reading →
Worrying news from Clayhanger where near the canal bridge last night at around 11pm (Sunday 5th March 2017) a lady was mugged by a couple of robbers for £30.
I’ve noticed that Chasewater Railway – the little gem of a preserved industrial railway right on our doorstep is re-starting passenger services this weekend after the winter shutdown.