Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 11th - After getting one or two bits of shopping in, it... December 14, 2017
- December 11th - I’d run around in the morning sorting displaced... December 14, 2017
- December 10th - I continued from Chasewater up around Engine... December 13, 2017
- December 10th - They say things come to those who wait, and... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - Lichfield has a little secret that I’d love to... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - Lichfield Food Festival was huge, and very busy.... December 13, 2017
- December 9th - I was looking forward to a snowy ride out to a... December 13, 2017
- December 8th - As I approached the supermarket at Burntwood,... December 13, 2017
- December 8th - The forecast had been for heavy snow during the... December 13, 2017
- December 7th - Out and about on a sunny, bright but windy day in... December 8, 2017
- December 6th - Well, this’ll be the end then. So long, it... December 7, 2017
- December 6th - Something today I noticed on a couple of bikes in... December 7, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Police issue statement on incident at Northgate, Aldridge this morning
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- The 'Crucifixion' incident in Walsall Wood - West Midlands Police issue statement
- Incident on Clayhanger Common yesterday - West Midlands Police issue statement
- Parents warned after incident in Aldridge
- Man tries to enter lady's car in Brownhills - be on your guard folks
- Snow update - Tuesday 12th December 2017
- Snow update - Monday 11th December 2017
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- BBC Television's Street Auction comes to Brownhills this Saturday!
- 4,905,906 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Local Blogs
Right, I’m going to be busy this weekend – come on, the weather is too good to stay indoors – In the meantime, here’s a bunch of Christmas events assembled by readers on Facebook for this weekend- if you have any to add please do get in touch.
There’s a further chance to get into the Christmas spirit this Sunday (10th December 2017) – there’s the Annual Christmas Fair and Lantern Parade being held at Chasewater Innovation Centre.
Just a quick note to point out that the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are holding a carol evening at their Fosseway Nature Reserve site, just off Falkland Road, Lichfield on Saturday 16 December 2017 from 7-9pm and all are welcome.
A couple of Christmas shows on at Pelsall Community Centre this weekend too – tonight Saturday 2nd December 2017 it’s Centre Stage’s Christmas Cracker from 7:30pm until 10:30pm with tickets at £6 for adults and £4 for kids.
Ongoing right now (2nd December 2017) is the Hands to the Homeless Christmas Fair at the Wesley Church Hall in Wesley Road, Short Heath from 10-3pm – it’s 50p per family and all welcome, with proceeds to The Glebe Centre.
I received notice of this great event from Brownhills Policing Team via the excellent WMNow service a yesterday, advertising a pop-up meet the police event this afternoon, Friday 17th November 2017 at Tesco, Brownhills from 3pm until 6pm where you can meet your local policing team and get help, crime prevention and public safety advice.
Last weekend, Saturday and Sunday 11-12th November 2017 saw the annual Remembrance weekend in the UK and I’m pleased to say Walsall Borough and South Staffordshire did themselves proud and staged a whole range of parades and events that were well supported and attended – and I was especially pleased to see the wonderful turnout and effort in Brownhills.
Continue reading →