Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 25th - Not a brilliant shot but something I’ve not seen... May 25, 2017
- May 25th - So many new flowers to notice every day, and in the... May 25, 2017
- May 24th - Sorry for the surfeit of wildfowl chick photos, but... May 24, 2017
- May 24th - One of the more strikingly beautiful wayside flowers... May 24, 2017
- May 23rd - I’m glad to say the sun and warm weather over the... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - With warmer weather, during the warm hours, the urban... May 23, 2017
- May 22nd - A long time since I featured Jockey Meadows here -... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - Spotted in Walsall late this afternoon, parked up... May 23, 2017
- May 21st - Also out in abundance was the sallow, which is... May 22, 2017
- May 21st - A much nicer day with warm sun and gentle southerly... May 22, 2017
- May 20th - I popped out for a short run on shopping errands to... May 21, 2017
- May 19th - Much of the journey was an errand in Digbeth. I... May 20, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Just the job... local lad still looking for work
- Let's have a butchers
- Family history in Clayhanger: What do you know?
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- Rhyme and reason
- Urgent - Millie the dog stolen from Brownhills West - can you help?
- Aldridge Carnival - late 1960's
- Beware: Lady intimidated at Chasewater Heath
- The Portman Collection - part ten: The appliance of science
- 4,287,516 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: planning
I know it’s late on but there’s a great even going on in Whittington this afternoon (Saturday, 15th April 2017) in aid of the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust ‘Tunnel Vision’ appeal – Eric and Doreen’s All Day Easter Coffee Morning.
Here’s just a quick note to regular readers not on social media or who perhaps haven’t noticed that Linda Mason, ‘The Mad Old Baggage’ has a new post up about a very interesting situation in Aldridge, concerning planning and a curious bullishness evident in some quarters, and it’s rather curious stuff.
Tom Reid from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust has been in touch to let us know about their annual Spring show, taking place at Whittington Village Hall on Friday, April 7th 2017.
Just a quick note to say that I’m aware that a car wash seems to be coming into operation at the empty former Royal – or ‘Middle’ – Oak pub on Chester Road, Shire Oak, although I haven’t seen it personally yet.
I received notice of this great event from Walsall Police via the excellent WMNow service a few days ago, advertising a bunch of events across the borough this Friday, 17th March 2017 where you can meet your local policing team and get help and crime prevention and public safety advice.
Lee Bragginton from 1st Walsall Wood Scout Group has been in touch to tell me that this wonderful group are welcoming new members and adult volunteers.
Continue reading →
Tom Reid from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust has been in touch to let us know about the launch of their Tunnel Vision appeal, which has been established to raise funds in order to construct a canal tunnel under the railway near Lichfield.
Continue reading →