Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 28th - I’m seeing lots of these berries in patches of... September 28, 2016
- September 28th - Although not as dramatic, the following sunrise... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - It was clear when I left work that there was... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - I was lucky to spot this Japanese parasol... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - There’s still a bountiful crop of elderberries... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - On my way home in the road in the backstreets... September 28, 2016
- September 25th - I spotted this handsome cat loafing in a field... September 25, 2016
- September 25th - A windy, wolfish day with lots of sun and a few... September 25, 2016
- dry-valleys: At Sutton Common, a Cold War communication tower,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Near Anchor Bridge on the canal at Brownhills,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Heading for Chasewater from Brownhills along... September 25, 2016
- September 23rd - At Calton, high in the Weaver Hills, I was... September 25, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- A lost line
- An unusually clear view
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - September 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- February 1995 - ￼Brownhills Loo-sing Out Again
- Your chance to catch a local legend - this Wednesday afternoon!
- Fired up
- A Walsall Wood Gentleman and Victorian Serviceman
- The class of 62
- Green grew the rushes
- You can help shape the future of community facilities in Clayhanger - tonight!
- 3,523,914 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Thanks to @jolangb - remarkable deer footage at Chasewater. Mr. Loverman is in the water... brownhillsbob.com/2016/09/28/dee… 21 minutes ago
- RT @AHappierDay: They'll never see me! https://t.co/s7AqDJmrMF 1 hour ago
- RT @SomeNewsLive: Disney's Big Thunder Mountain can cure kidney stones. And their haunted house is pretty good for constipation too. https:… 1 hour ago
- RT @HaggardHawks: The adjective CARMINATIVE describes any medicine that relieves trapped wind. (Joseph Addison—Tatler, 1710) https://t.co… 1 hour ago
- RT @nosliWtrautS: I'm not usually conspiracy theorist by nature but this is just weird, beyond bizarre. m.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13288257.… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: planning
This Sunday 26th September 2016, there’s a charity dog walk being held by Oscars Pet Foods of Lichfield and the Lichfield & Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust, taking place along the Lichfield Canal Heritage Towpath Trail near Borrowcop on the A51.
I’d like to say a big thank you on behalf of Brownhills if I may, to those people who worked so very hard on the Brownhills in Bloom competition entry this year: to all those who helped, planted and laboured, and to human dynamo Diane Mansell from Walsall Council, praise is due, for Brownhills and Aldridge both won gold awards.
I’m sad to report that the last High Street Bank bank in Brownhills, HSBC will close for good on Friday, 25th November 2016 – this comes amidst the slump in the use of High Street branches caused by online and telephone banking, and the general woes of the bank in general – HSBC has closed over 100 branches already this year.
Just a note for anyone interested that Oak Park Active Living Centre – the new leisure centre in Walsall Wood – opens this Tuesday, 9th August 2016 as does the sister centre at Bloxwich.
That there Lucy Wood from the Saxon Hill Craft Barn shop at Chasewater Innovation Centre has written to let me know that they’re currently seeking businesses that may have waste materials they’d be able to supply to the project instead of throwing away, thus reducing refuse bills for the businesses concerned.
I’d like to wish all the very best of luck to the hard working volunteers and community minded folk who’ve worked with Brownhills Town Centre Partnership on this year’s Brownhills in Bloom bird, which is judged this afternoon (Wednesday, 27th July 2016).
There’s been lots of talk here about the new Costa Coffee outlet due to open in Brownhills – and a couple of weeks ago I spotted a job advert for the new store – sadly, this was oversubscribed quickly and many were left disappointed.
Continue reading →