Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 26th - There’s times when you just have to give in. For... May 27, 2016
- May 26th - One flower I forgot yesterday that really deserves... May 27, 2016
- May 25th - Another thing that’s abundant right now is the May or... May 26, 2016
- May 25th - As we advance to late spring and early summer, some... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - On the cycleway between Walsall and Pelsall, the former... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - I ‘m convinced that whatever gave rise to moorhens and... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - At Catshill Junction on the way back, a small, domestic... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - I get a bit tired sometimes of defending Brownhills,... May 25, 2016
- May 22nd - Also growing well, and still at the original 9, the... May 23, 2016
- May 22nd - Another good riding day, but I was a bit tired, and... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - On my way back via Chasewater, I spotted the huge... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - Up on Cannock Chase, I went looking for a fire tower... May 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Bathing beauties
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- Brownhills in black and white
- Resurfacing of A5 Watling Street - warning of road closures
- Brownhills: a brave new world in colour
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Anyone lost a cat in Shire Oak?
- Fantastic live music at The Chase Inn this weekend!
- New Hall Mill open next Bank Holiday Monday!
- Fun events at Chasewater this weekend!
- 3,233,403 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @cbrookmyre: If Trump becomes president, there is no way Mexico will pay to build a wall along their border. However, Canada might be th… 1 hour ago
- Nice firework and kitchen chemistry fun. Now to await the police :-) 2 hours ago
- RT @ShitJokes: What's red and smells like blue paint? Red paint. 2 hours ago
- Teaching pickle (and interested adults) to make a black snake. BRB. 3 hours ago
- 'Loubie has ridden a TWENTY-FOUR hour race' 'has she?' 'Yes. It took A WHOLE DAY.' 3 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 30, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 6, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 13, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: planning
Sorry, a bit late with this I know, but a post from Brownhills Councillor Steve Wade on his blog has just caught my attention – there’s currently a road closure on the A5 Rising Sun Island until 6am tomorrow morning (Thursday, 26th May 2016), and further closures Tuesday 31st May and 1st and 2nd June 2016.
The wonderful Diane Mansell from Brownhills Town Centre Partnership have been in touch, and asked me to see if anyone fancies helping out with the Brownhills Britain in Bloom competition entry from our town, which involves planting, litter picking and general sprucing up.
Continue reading →
Further to Wendy Gates’ enquiry about the Wheatsheaf pub last week, and of her father, Jack Warner, Wendy posted some more family images to share with readers and maybe jog a few memories of the family and the popular lost Brownhills pub.
I note that this Sunday (15th May 2016) is Classic Car Day at soon Manor Transport Museum in Shenstone Drive, Aldridge – from 10:30am until 4pm, there will be classic motors to enjoy, you can meet their owners and browse this wonderful museum.
Wendy Gates has been in touch to ask if anyone remembers her family who owned and worked at the long-gone Wheatsheaf pub in Ogley Road, Brownhills up until the 1970s – Wendy has fond recollectionsof this popular lost pub, and wants to know if anyone has any memories to share?
Continue reading →
Following the sad closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club, local activist Paul Sharpe has been beavering away to try and continue the club in some form in a new venue – I posted his appeal for help here a couple of months ago.
Continue reading →
I’ve had a press release in from friend of the blog Lucy Wood, who put on the wonderful reopening shindig for the Saxon Hill Scrap Barn at Chasewater last Saturday – Lucy is keen to informm readers of opening times and the sort of stuff this wonderful store sells.