Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 21st - I noticed this lad hopping about the yard at work,... March 22, 2017
- March 21st - Gosh, it was cold this morning. After the warmth of... March 22, 2017
- March 20th - With the start of my beloved British Summer Time... March 20, 2017
- March 20th - One aspect of springtime in Walsall that’s always... March 20, 2017
- March 18th - Talking of swans, here’s a flock of about 100... March 19, 2017
- March 19th - I thought today that it was time to check to see if... March 19, 2017
- March 18th - I popped up to a wind-blasted Chasewater, which is... March 19, 2017
- March 18th - A brief run out on a wolfish, windy afternoon had... March 19, 2017
- March 17th - Coming back from Lichfield, tired after a hard... March 19, 2017
- March 17th - I popped into Lichfield to do some shopping on the... March 19, 2017
- March 16th - Also bursting forth now, a whole tranche of spring... March 19, 2017
- March 16th - Spotted by the roadside in Darlaston, even the... March 19, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Stationary travellers
- Sad news in the search for Andy Cooper
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - March 2017 public meeting this Monday!
- In the soup at Chasewater - this Saturday!
- Goblin it up...
- There's going to be a jailbreak...
- Walsall Wood slay Shepshed
- Walsall Wood Boys Brigade from the 1950s, and an enquiry from a new reader
- What's this stuff about, then?
- March 1993 - Shire Oak goes grant maintained
- 4,128,496 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Talk Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Rushall
Readers who’ve been hanging around this ramshackle, leaky village pump for a while will no doubt remember how we’ve touched here on the history of local marching bands, particularly the Burntwood Blue Birds Jazz Band.
Please share as widely as possible – this is urgent, a friend of the blog has asked me to enquire if readers have seen a lost French bulldog around the Pelsall, Rushall, Clayhanger or Brownhills area – Daisy went missing yesterday afternoon from Pelsall (Saturday, 10th July 2016).
This is a quick one that’s popped up via Facebook and the hero behind the Aldridge Cinema project: Russell Smith, who’s found and converted some cinefilm of Aldridge Carnival in the late 1960s – it’s really rather wonderful and very high quality.
Walsall Wood FC were away at Rocester yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 9th April 2016), but were resoundingly trounced by the home side – Bill Shaw was there to witness the agony, and as always, doesn’t mince his words.
As usual, I’m a bit late to the party with this but this is a very important announcement for anyone who was a member of, or is interested in the marching bands so popular in our area that were huge from the 1930s onwards, but particularly in the 60s-90s.
Walsall Police Response unit report on twitter that Crystal has been found safe and well.
I’ve just spotted this one from friends of the blog Linda Mason (and others) – there’s a canal festival today at Longwood basin, just off the Aldridge Road between Aldridge and Walsall.
Continue reading →