Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 17th - I’m not going to say where this is for obvious... August 17, 2017
- August 17th - A sad, regrettable tragedy unfolds in Rushall at... August 17, 2017
- August 16th - Another delight of the season, that frustratingly... August 16, 2017
- August 16th - Riding to work down Green Lane, Shelfield on a... August 16, 2017
- August 15th - I spun up The Parade and over to Burntwood on the... August 16, 2017
- August 15th - I had to nip out on an errand at sunset. The day... August 16, 2017
- August 14th - Sorry, after this I promise no morale oak wasp... August 15, 2017
- August 14th - Another tree I keep an eye on is the odd pear tree... August 15, 2017
- August 13th - More oak wasp galls, which I’ve gone all out to... August 15, 2017
- August 13th - I left near lunchtime for a hopefully long, sunny... August 15, 2017
- August 12th - One local treat I look forward to in late summer... August 15, 2017
- August 12th - An run out after a busy day saw me investigating a... August 15, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Hot to trot
- Be alert - power tools stolen in Brownhills van burglary
- Mining for family history in the Wood: Can you help please?
- November 1989 - Residents up in arms...
- Lichfield and Hatherton's huge canal Heritage Gathering coming soon!
- Chasewater Stadium - what do you recall?
- Going Back
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- A case of the trots!
- Race of the Year, 1977
- 4,550,995 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Shared media
I’ve a whole tranche of Walsall Wood football news today as I feature a disparate collection of submissions – photos of last Saturday’s Cadbury Athletic match from Simon Evans, a match report from Bill Shaw of Tuesday’s away victory at Hinckley and photos from last weeks Pelsall Villa – Redditch game that was played at Oak Park de to the vandalism difficulties at the Villan’s home ground.
A reader living on the Watermead Estate in Brownhills (The new one between the Pelsall Road and Tesco) has been in touch with me asking to share with readers that her partner had his van broken into last night (Friday 18th August 2017).
It’s the next stage of Wood’s Emirates FA Cup journey: come watch the resurgent local team at Walsall Wood this afternoon!
There’s been a car break in in Shire Ride, Shire Oak, which took place on Wednesday 16th August 2017 between 3:30pm and 8am the following morning – a satnav iPod and loss change were stolen.
Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are busy preparing for their Heritage Gathering call and vintage festival which is coming up over the weekend of 23-24th September 2017, and takes place at their Huddlesford base, near Lichfield.
Partnerships officer Kevin Pitt has sent details of a bogus workmen scam operating in Aldridge that has led to the detention of two men in connection with a scam in which a local OAP was intimidated into withdrawing money from their bank by workmen who claimed to have carried out unsolicited work.
Brownhills Community Association have been in touch, asking me if I’d share their latest newsletter for July-September 2017 here on the blog – and as ever, I’m happy to do so.
Continue reading →