Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 30th - I encountered the Watermead swan family right by the... May 31, 2016
- May 30th - I wasn’t well today. The long ride of the day before... May 31, 2016
- May 29th - In the meadow behind Alder Mill, just north of... May 31, 2016
- May 29th - A day of remarkable colour and beauty. I set off in... May 30, 2016
- May 28th - I returned from Burntwood via Chasewater at sunset.It... May 30, 2016
- May 28th - A recovery day. I didn’t do much, but had to be at a... May 30, 2016
- May 27th - The birdlife on the canals of Birmingham and the... May 30, 2016
- May 27th - I had stuff to do near Allcester, and finished early,... May 30, 2016
- March 26th - There’s times when you just have to give in. For... May 27, 2016
- May 26th - One flower I forgot yesterday that really deserves... May 27, 2016
- May 25th - Another thing that’s abundant right now is the May or... May 26, 2016
- May 25th - As we advance to late spring and early summer, some... May 25, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- White dog found in Brownhills - let's get her home!
- What's wrong with this picture?
- Don't forget Lichfield Bower today!
- Chasewater Stadium - what do you recall?
- New Hall Mill open tomorrow, Spring Bank Holiday Monday
- That rings a bell
- Bathing beauties
- What's this stuff about, then?
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- 3,239,254 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- #365daysofbiking Look at my leg! ift.tt/25x6ASS 5 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Brownhills, you wear it well: ift.tt/1UpSmus 5 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking A pair of huge, black cocks: ift.tt/25x6uup 5 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Colour: ift.tt/1UpS2Mi 5 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking I had it all to myself: ift.tt/25x5TZS 5 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers June 6, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 13, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 20, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: open day
I note that this Sunday (15th May 2016) is Classic Car Day at soon Manor Transport Museum in Shenstone Drive, Aldridge – from 10:30am until 4pm, there will be classic motors to enjoy, you can meet their owners and browse this wonderful museum.
This Saturday evening (20th February 2015) there’s a great, innovative event taking place at Aston Manor Road Transport Museum just off Northgate, Aldridge – Buses by Night, which is your chance to ride on some great old vehicles and see the local sights and photography hotspots – like Lichfield Cathedral – at night.
I notice that this Remembrance Sunday (8th November 2015) Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge will be hosting ‘Remembrance – A Wartime Themed Concert’ in aid of the museum.
Continue reading →
Thanks to the diligence of @TheStymaster, I can tell you that today (Sunday 18th October 2015) Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge will be a hive of activity again as they hold their final running day of 2015.
Continue reading →
Knaves Court, the elderly person’s housing complex in Brownhills near Anchor Bridge, are holding an open day and fete this Thursday, 27th August 2015, and everyone is welcome to attend.
[caption id="attachment_2792" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Bold, colourful design. Bright and airy, even on this wet day.[/caption] Continue reading →
There’s currently a Dalek invasion happening at Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge where the wheeled Who-botherers will be entertaining visitors and scaring the staff all day today (Sunday 23rd August 2015) from 10:30am until late afternoon.
That there Kate Cardigan from Lichfield Lore donned one of her many hats (and a toga-style ganzey) this week when she wrote to tell me that this Sunday, 19th July 2015, it’s the annual open day at Wall village and Roman site, just up the A5 between Lichfield and Shenstone.
[caption id="attachment_26038" align="aligncenter" width="214"] Image from the Friends of Letocetum.[/caption] Continue reading →