Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 7th - And when I reached Tipton - busy with rush hour... December 8, 2016
- December 7th - I had to go to Tipton late in the afternoon, and... December 8, 2016
- December 6th - And there you go; if you don’t like the weather... December 7, 2016
- December 6th - Still cold, and again, a foggy, treacherous ride:... December 7, 2016
- December 5th - A horrid day to ride, and even worse for taking... December 7, 2016
- December 5th - I had to go to Telford, and on the way I bought a... December 7, 2016
- December 4th - The Chase was beautiful and deserted, and from... December 7, 2016
- December 4th - A bitterly cold day, but it was sunny and bright... December 7, 2016
- December 3rd - Another great Christmas tree - always one of my... December 5, 2016
- December 3rd - A bit of a down day, really - although the... December 5, 2016
- December 2nd - I finally got the effect I was after at... December 5, 2016
- December 2nd - Christmas is inescapable now; everywhere there... December 5, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills Christmas Market Magic 2016 - coming this Saturday!
- Help the Glebe Centre support the homeless - Donations needed this Saturday please!
- Christmas Fete at Walsall Wood School - this Friday!
- Yorkshire Terrier found in Shire Oak Park - let's get her home!
- Brownhills Brownies need your help!
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Appeal made for household items in aid of couple affected by Wyre Close fire
- Where you go, Vigo too...
- Keep the home fires burning
- What's this stuff about, then?
- 3,764,067 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @kashanacauley: This headline contains 156% of the daily recommended allowance of nope. https://t.co/l6iWbYFhOA 56 minutes ago
- RT @Nashville_85: You have to admire #Farage. He talks as if he represents the UK when he doesn't even represent South Thanet. That takes b… 7 hours ago
- RT @pointlesslettrs: Fa la la la la, la la la laaaaaaaaa https://t.co/aNYet8MAzY 8 hours ago
- RT @PencilBloke: 1) Brexit 2) ??? 3) Cure cancer! twitter.com/DexEUgov/statu… Seriously, I'd love to know what opportunities he was told about. 8 hours ago
- RT @don_dapper: I'm glad we've taken back control. twitter.com/Cornish_Damo/s… 8 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Category Archives: Cannock Chase
You’ll remember a few days ago I cautioned local folk – especially dog walkers – to beware of the deer at the moment as the rut was getting underway, and they’d be a whole lot less tolerant as the hormones did their thing – well, I wasn’t wrong – as the video here shows, deer romance is well underway at Chasewater, with remarkable footage captured today by deer expert Jochen Langbein.
This is just a quick note to warn people given to exploring the open spaces of the area that over the next 8-10 weeks or so the deer population will be getting amorous – it’s rutting time for our large brown friends, and that means one thing: the heaths around Brownhills, Clayhanger, Pelsall and Chasewater in particular are likely to be host to rather grumpy, aggressive stags guarding their female harems.
Continue reading →
Readers who’ve been hanging around this ramshackle, leaky village pump for a while will no doubt remember how we’ve touched here on the history of local marching bands, particularly the Burntwood Blue Birds Jazz Band.
Chasewater Railway – the little gem of a local preserved industrial railway is this Sunday (7th August 2016) staging it’s annual Charities Day, when the railway will be operating with steam trains, and there will be charity stalls and activities at Brownhills West Station.
Chasewater Railway – the little gem of a preserved industrial railway is this this weekend staging a coal train special event, which sounds just the thing for train-loving dads and their families who may be looking for a special treat for the old fellow.