Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 20th - Spotted from the canal towpath as I zipped past,... October 21, 2016
- October 20th - Heading home along the canal through Pleck,... October 21, 2016
- October 19th - Although I use the bike cam constantly, I stopped... October 20, 2016
- October 19th - Ostensibly asleep, but wide awake and studiously... October 20, 2016
- October 19th - Darlaston is at it’s best in autumn, and with the... October 20, 2016
- October 18th - Another lovely golden hour, this time as I came... October 19, 2016
- October 18th - Stripes here is cross because on the way to work,... October 19, 2016
- October 17th - I made it back to Brownhills in a glorious sunset... October 19, 2016
- October 17th - I’ve passed through Ocker Hill and Toll End a... October 19, 2016
- October 16th - I remember when we just used to get plain old... October 19, 2016
- October 16th - Still, one can’t deny the beauty of the season. A... October 19, 2016
- October 15th - Further on, I hopped on the Spot Path back to... October 19, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Car smashes through garage in early morning Brownhills crash
- Huge progress being made on local canal restoration
- In the swim
- Coming soon: great Halloween kids party in Brownhills!
- Taking a Walker
- Was the investigation into the Grove Pit Disaster a whitewash?
- Fatal hit and run in Brownhills - appeal for help
- Woodmen slain by keener Heanor
- OAP fighting for life after Walsall Wood car accident
- 3,575,166 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @SkyNews: Plaid Cymru leader says PM is 'fanning the flames of xenophobia' news.sky.com/story/plaid-cy… 26 minutes ago
- RT @ModernToss: The presidential audition process. https://t.co/BeZgzPsitg 29 minutes ago
- RT @hackaday: Trio of Magnetrons Power a Microwave Rifle wp.me/pk3lN-XhL 49 minutes ago
- RT @thestymaster: .@thecatreviewer missed a bus to fuss this fluffy sweetheart. Totally worth it 10/10. https://t.co/4rKfahx0Wc 50 minutes ago
- RT @MatDanks666: NEW: #grillersinthemixed It used to be famous for footie pavement dancers and EDL-types. Now it’s just famous. https://t.c… 50 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Category Archives: Cannock Chase
You’ll remember a few days ago I cautioned local folk – especially dog walkers – to beware of the deer at the moment as the rut was getting underway, and they’d be a whole lot less tolerant as the hormones did their thing – well, I wasn’t wrong – as the video here shows, deer romance is well underway at Chasewater, with remarkable footage captured today by deer expert Jochen Langbein.
This is just a quick note to warn people given to exploring the open spaces of the area that over the next 8-10 weeks or so the deer population will be getting amorous – it’s rutting time for our large brown friends, and that means one thing: the heaths around Brownhills, Clayhanger, Pelsall and Chasewater in particular are likely to be host to rather grumpy, aggressive stags guarding their female harems.
Continue reading →
Readers who’ve been hanging around this ramshackle, leaky village pump for a while will no doubt remember how we’ve touched here on the history of local marching bands, particularly the Burntwood Blue Birds Jazz Band.
Chasewater Railway – the little gem of a local preserved industrial railway is this Sunday (7th August 2016) staging it’s annual Charities Day, when the railway will be operating with steam trains, and there will be charity stalls and activities at Brownhills West Station.
Chasewater Railway – the little gem of a preserved industrial railway is this this weekend staging a coal train special event, which sounds just the thing for train-loving dads and their families who may be looking for a special treat for the old fellow.