Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 26th - There’s times when you just have to give in. For... May 27, 2016
- May 26th - One flower I forgot yesterday that really deserves... May 27, 2016
- May 25th - Another thing that’s abundant right now is the May or... May 26, 2016
- May 25th - As we advance to late spring and early summer, some... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - On the cycleway between Walsall and Pelsall, the former... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - I ‘m convinced that whatever gave rise to moorhens and... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - At Catshill Junction on the way back, a small, domestic... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - I get a bit tired sometimes of defending Brownhills,... May 25, 2016
- May 22nd - Also growing well, and still at the original 9, the... May 23, 2016
- May 22nd - Another good riding day, but I was a bit tired, and... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - On my way back via Chasewater, I spotted the huge... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - Up on Cannock Chase, I went looking for a fire tower... May 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Bathing beauties
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- New Hall Mill open tomorrow, Spring Bank Holiday Monday
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Fantastic live music at The Chase Inn this weekend!
- Brownhills in black and white
- Resurfacing of A5 Watling Street - warning of road closures
- Brownhills: a brave new world in colour
- Inn for a treat
- Chasewater Countryside Events and Guided Walks 2016 - details available here
- 3,233,714 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @cbrookmyre: If Trump becomes president, there is no way Mexico will pay to build a wall along their border. However, Canada might be th… 11 hours ago
- Nice firework and kitchen chemistry fun. Now to await the police :-) 11 hours ago
- RT @ShitJokes: What's red and smells like blue paint? Red paint. 12 hours ago
- Teaching pickle (and interested adults) to make a black snake. BRB. 12 hours ago
- 'Loubie has ridden a TWENTY-FOUR hour race' 'has she?' 'Yes. It took A WHOLE DAY.' 12 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 30, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 6, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 13, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Walsall Council
The wonderful Diane Mansell from Brownhills Town Centre Partnership have been in touch, and asked me to see if anyone fancies helping out with the Brownhills Britain in Bloom competition entry from our town, which involves planting, litter picking and general sprucing up.
Continue reading →
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres the AGM of the Friends of Brownhills Common ext Monday, 16th May 2016 at 7:00pm at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
As predicted here a couple of weeks ago, the announcement by Walsall Council has now been made, and a leaflet is currently being circulated regarding reducing collections of your grey non-recycling bin to once every two weeks – interestingly, the announce meant is directly following the local elections. Continue reading →
It’s late, I’m knackered – but a big night for Labour in Walsall: Steve Wade held Brownhills by a fairly sizeable majority; Keith Sears held Walsall Wood and a shock result for Blakenall where Labour’s Matt Ward beat Pete Smith. … Continue reading →
Following the sad closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club, local activist Paul Sharpe has been beavering away to try and continue the club in some form in a new venue – I posted his appeal for help here a couple of months ago.
Continue reading →
Naomi Jones, Area Librarian from Brownhills Library at the Parkview Centre has been in touch to point out they that have a great talk this afternoon (Tuesday, 26th April 2016) from 2:30pm by noted author and Crime Scene Investigator, Paul Trembling.
We seem to have had a lot of appeals in the last twelve months to trace the family of local deceased people – but I make no apology for running another one; these appeals are essential, and I really feel for anyone who passes away alone.