Because you’re free to read this blog
- December 7th - Out and about on a sunny, bright but windy day in... December 8, 2017
- December 6th - Well, this’ll be the end then. So long, it... December 7, 2017
- December 6th - Something today I noticed on a couple of bikes in... December 7, 2017
- December 5th - A very dark, grey and overcast day without... December 6, 2017
- December 5th - In Telford again, and the work on the footbridge... December 6, 2017
- December 4th - Although it suddenly got warmer over the weekend,... December 5, 2017
- December 3rd - A quick, snatched photo taken while on an errand... December 4, 2017
- December 2nd - The Drunken Duck in Walsall Wood High Street is a... December 4, 2017
- December 2nd - Again passing through the Wood, this time to... December 4, 2017
- December 1st - Visiting Walsall Wood on an errand on my way... December 4, 2017
- December 1st - It was still very cold on Friday evening, and... December 4, 2017
- November 30th - Heading home that evening I hit the canal at the... December 4, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Snow update - Monday 11th December 2017
- Snow update - Tuesday 12th December 2017
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Ilkeston put the freeze on Walsall Wood
- Ooh - it's snowing! Walsall Schools closure list...
- Stourport swiftly dominate Wood as Wolves grab a sporting chance
- All white now
- BBC Television's Street Auction comes to Brownhills this Saturday!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- 4,896,679 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Walsall Council
Last weekend, Saturday and Sunday 11-12th November 2017 saw the annual Remembrance weekend in the UK and I’m pleased to say Walsall Borough and South Staffordshire did themselves proud and staged a whole range of parades and events that were well supported and attended – and I was especially pleased to see the wonderful turnout and effort in Brownhills.
Continue reading →
The young David Evans yesterday (Sunday, 12th November 2017) went to his local Remembrance event in Walsall Wood and sent in a wonderful gallery of images to mark this most sombre of days.
Following my request for information to make a list of local Remembrance events, I can again share with readers a list of local Remembrance services taking place locally this Remembrance Sunday, 12th November 2017 – this list will be updated with more info as I get it.
Right Walsall Borough folks, listen up – I know some of you are concerned about bin collections at the moment as the service is clearly experiencing difficulties, on the very week that Walsall refuse collection schedules have changed.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting next Monday week, 20th November 2017 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Just a quick reminder that tonight, Thursday 2nd November 2017 sees the annual Walsall Council bonfire and firework display in Holland Park , Brownhills.
This is just a quick request for help – in past years, we have crowdsourced from readers a list of local Remembrance parades and events taking place throughout the area, that was popular and useful to many of the readership.