Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 17th - I’m not going to say where this is for obvious... August 17, 2017
- August 17th - A sad, regrettable tragedy unfolds in Rushall at... August 17, 2017
- August 16th - Another delight of the season, that frustratingly... August 16, 2017
- August 16th - Riding to work down Green Lane, Shelfield on a... August 16, 2017
- August 15th - I spun up The Parade and over to Burntwood on the... August 16, 2017
- August 15th - I had to nip out on an errand at sunset. The day... August 16, 2017
- August 14th - Sorry, after this I promise no morale oak wasp... August 15, 2017
- August 14th - Another tree I keep an eye on is the odd pear tree... August 15, 2017
- August 13th - More oak wasp galls, which I’ve gone all out to... August 15, 2017
- August 13th - I left near lunchtime for a hopefully long, sunny... August 15, 2017
- August 12th - One local treat I look forward to in late summer... August 15, 2017
- August 12th - An run out after a busy day saw me investigating a... August 15, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Be alert - power tools stolen in Brownhills van burglary
- Hot to trot
- A quiet day in the late 1950s... and some views of Norton!
- Walsall Wood hammer Hinckley, and other club news including a temporary home for Pelsall Villa!
- Mining for family history in the Wood: Can you help please?
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Walsall Wood at home to Tividale this afternoon!
- Chasewater Stadium - what do you recall?
- Your chance to meet a Great War historian! NOTE IMPORTANT UPDATE PLEASE
- Wreckage, recorded
- 4,552,313 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Brian Stringer
After I posted the wonderful Clayhanger tug of war image here at the weekend kindly shared by Brian Stringer, I received many responses from readers across a range of media – this one clearly got memories flowing and I’ll feature a few of those responses in the coming days.
A tug of war, a railway themed restaurant and a Victorian day – great memories from the Clayhanger Kid
Friend of the blog, community activist and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer has recently shared three remarkable image of recent historical interest in the Brownhills and Clayhanger area.
Continue reading →
Friend of the blog, community activist and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer has sent the above image of the members of Clayhanger Working Men’s Club around 1953, and is trying to identify as many people in the picture as he can.
I note the creative advertising modification team have been out again this year, getting Brownhills Canal Festival noticed on social media – and any publicity is good, as the image above has been shared hundreds of times now since it was posted last week on Facebook by old friend of the blog Nathan Whittaker.
I note the creative advertising modification team have been out again this year, getting Brownhills Canal Festival noticed on social media – and any publicity is good, as the image above has been shared hundreds of times now since it was posted yesterday on Facebook by old friend of the blog Nathan Whittaker.
Details of this year’s Brownhills Canal Festival have kindly been supplied by The Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer – this yeart it’s Sunday, 26th June 2016.
Continue reading →
There was a great letter last week in the Walsall Advertiser from friend of the blog and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer, who’s a noted local author and community activist – Brian is concerned, like most of the people in Brownhills – with he fate of the former South Staffordshire Railway Line through Brownhills.