Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 24th - The end of a very long, hard week. This week,... February 25, 2017
- dry-valleys: A garden inclosed is my sister, my spouse; a spring... February 24, 2017
- February 23rd - Back to brakes. This has really caught my... February 24, 2017
- February 23rd - Doris wasn’t messing about…Storm Doris... February 24, 2017
- February 22nd - Also in Kings Hill Park, I found this stripy... February 24, 2017
- February 22nd - It was a grim, wet morning commute and I wasn’t... February 24, 2017
- February 21st - Unfortunately, I forget my camera so just one... February 22, 2017
- February 20th - I passed through Wednesbury late, a town I often... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - There were other stars, too though. The cats are... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - It was a warm day with an insistent wind and... February 21, 2017
- February 19th - I had to be in work on a Sunday, unusually,... February 21, 2017
- February 18th - Spotted on the canal between Black Cock and... February 19, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Brownhills in black and white
- Andrew Cooper: a former Walsall man missing form Stourport - the search continues
- Bogus callers operating locally - appeal from West Midlands Police
- Local storm updates - post will be updated regularly
- Appeal - do you know Barbara Roberts, formerly of Valley View?
- The Portman Collection - part three: Final forms, and on with the sport
- Class photos
- Brownhills: a brave new world in colour
- Wreckage, recorded
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- 4,047,811 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Brian Stringer
Friend of the blog, community activist and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer has sent the above image of the members of Clayhanger Working Men’s Club around 1953, and is trying to identify as many people in the picture as he can.
I note the creative advertising modification team have been out again this year, getting Brownhills Canal Festival noticed on social media – and any publicity is good, as the image above has been shared hundreds of times now since it was posted last week on Facebook by old friend of the blog Nathan Whittaker.
I note the creative advertising modification team have been out again this year, getting Brownhills Canal Festival noticed on social media – and any publicity is good, as the image above has been shared hundreds of times now since it was posted yesterday on Facebook by old friend of the blog Nathan Whittaker.
Details of this year’s Brownhills Canal Festival have kindly been supplied by The Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer – this yeart it’s Sunday, 26th June 2016.
Continue reading →
There was a great letter last week in the Walsall Advertiser from friend of the blog and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer, who’s a noted local author and community activist – Brian is concerned, like most of the people in Brownhills – with he fate of the former South Staffordshire Railway Line through Brownhills.
Friend of the blog, community activist and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer has sent the above image of a local football team and is desperately trying to identify the unknown chap (who is, I believe centre front row).
Last week I noted that the wonderful Brian Stringer had a new book out about his times being involved with community football with local teams Clayhanger Colts Under 12s and Walsall Wood FC.