Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 21st - As I neared Brownhills, a beautiful violet-red... September 22, 2017
- September 21st - Returning home after a long day through north... September 22, 2017
- 5,000 posts! Bimey. September 20, 2017
- September 20th - The conker (or horse chestnut to be formal for... September 20, 2017
- September 20th - A good fungal find near conifers by the canal... September 20, 2017
- September 19th - I had to visit Telford and when I arrived late... September 19, 2017
- September 19th n- One of the odder fruits of the autumn is the... September 19, 2017
- September 18th - It was grey and just after heavy rain when I... September 19, 2017
- September 18th - Riding through the backstreets of central... September 19, 2017
- September 17th - By the time I arrived at Shenstone 30 minutes... September 18, 2017
- September 17th - I left at lunchtime and headed to... September 18, 2017
- September 16th - I was being watched at Catshill Junction.My... September 18, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- The school of 64
- Pictures from the 2017 Huddlesford Heritage Gathering
- It's a gas... roadworks due in Brownhills, but not on the resurfaced part of High Street
- June 1990 - Avenues fight on
- Teddy is looking for a special family - can you help?
- Get ale and hearty at Chasewater this weekend!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Lichfield and Hatherton's huge canal Heritage Gathering is this weekend!
- You are my Sunnyside
- 4,651,138 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Local History
Yesterday (Saturday 23rd September 2017) I got chance to go to the first day of the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust’s Heritage Gathering at Huddlesford, near Whittington.
Continue reading →
Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are busy preparing for their Heritage Gathering call and vintage festival which is running on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend (23-24th September 2017), and takes place at their Huddlesford base, near Lichfield.
Continue reading →
Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are busy preparing for their Heritage Gathering call and vintage festival which is coming up over the weekend of 23-24th September 2017, and takes place at their Huddlesford base, near Lichfield.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting tonight (Monday 11th September 2017) of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Continue reading →
Several times over the previous eight years of this blog the question of the function and decommissioning of the steam pump that once stood at Chasewater has cropped up, and always provokes interesting debate – well, reader Ian James has been in touch with a snippet of information he’s found in a book relating to the long gone pumping plant.
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Monday evening (11th September 2017) there will be the September 2017 Public Meeting of the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Sorry again for the late notice but I note Chasewater Railway have their late Summer Gala this weekend (Saturday 9th and Sunday 10th September 2017), with special guest engine Bagnall 0-4-0ST 2842 Kent No 2 and a much busier running timetable than normal.