Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 17th - I’m not going to say where this is for obvious... August 17, 2017
- August 17th - A sad, regrettable tragedy unfolds in Rushall at... August 17, 2017
- August 16th - Another delight of the season, that frustratingly... August 16, 2017
- August 16th - Riding to work down Green Lane, Shelfield on a... August 16, 2017
- August 15th - I spun up The Parade and over to Burntwood on the... August 16, 2017
- August 15th - I had to nip out on an errand at sunset. The day... August 16, 2017
- August 14th - Sorry, after this I promise no morale oak wasp... August 15, 2017
- August 14th - Another tree I keep an eye on is the odd pear tree... August 15, 2017
- August 13th - More oak wasp galls, which I’ve gone all out to... August 15, 2017
- August 13th - I left near lunchtime for a hopefully long, sunny... August 15, 2017
- August 12th - One local treat I look forward to in late summer... August 15, 2017
- August 12th - An run out after a busy day saw me investigating a... August 15, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Bogus workmen detained by Aldridge police after tipoff from vigilant bank staff
- Lichfield and Hatherton's huge canal Heritage Gathering coming soon!
- Car broken into in Shire Oak last night
- It's all going on at Brownhills Activity Centre July-September 2017!
- Walsall Wood Under 18s playing great football, could you join them?
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- A Sandfields staff photo - Can you help identify the people in it?
- Details of improvement schemes to Streets Corner and Shire Oak junctions released
- Who was in this choir, where was it and when?
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- 4,546,018 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Wildlife
Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are busy preparing for their Heritage Gathering call and vintage festival which is coming up over the weekend of 23-24th September 2017, and takes place at their Huddlesford base, near Lichfield.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting this Monday 10th July 2017 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Continue reading →
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting next Monday 10th July 2017 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Continue reading →
Reader Kevin Price has asked me to post an appeal on the blog – he’s found what appears to be a house key on Ogley Road yesterday evening (Wednesday 14th June 2017).
Continue reading →
There’s an important warning I need to share from Chasewater Rangers about the local deer population – not just at Chasewater, but all thought our area from the heaths of North Walsall to Cannock Chase.
Just a quick note to point out that the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are holding their Annual General Meeting next Friday nevening (Friday, 9th June 2017) in Brownhills, at the Parkview Centre (the old Council House on the Miner Island), and all are welcome to attend.
It looks like we’ve got a missing mustelid – Linzi Woodhouse has been in touch to ask if anyone has seen her pet ferret which has gone missing from home in the Ogley Road area of Brownhills.