Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 21st - It’s been a great week of commuting so far. Sunny... July 21, 2016
- July 21st - It’s true that I am one of those characters that... July 21, 2016
- dry-valleys: At a certain edgelands pool near my place of work... July 21, 2016
- July 20th - I’m fascinated at the moment by continuing work... July 20, 2016
- July 20th - People seem to think I’m negative about buddleia,... July 20, 2016
- July 19th - Oh, hi pals. Where have you been? Not seen you for a... July 20, 2016
- July 19th - I’ve been largely ambivalent about the odd project... July 20, 2016
- July 18th - I like this a lot. On Catshill Junction Bridge, just... July 19, 2016
- July 18th - A pootle up the canal to Walsall Wood on an errand... July 19, 2016
- July 17th - In spite of some grim mechanical problems and slow... July 19, 2016
- July 17th - A very hot day with no little wind, and I set off on... July 19, 2016
- July 16th - This curious flower was found in the reed bed at the... July 19, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent appeal: Walsall NHS Trust looking for relatives of a patient
- Lamping it!
- In memoriam: Roger Mosedale
- Distraction thefts in Walsall Wood - be careful, folks.
- Stop Press: Oak Park and Bloxwich Leisure Centres Open 9th August
- The boat people at Norton Pool... But who, and when?
- Late 1960s at a local school...
- Friezland Lane Working Men's Club: help needed!
- Urgent appeal: Walsall NHS Trust looking for relatives of three patients
- 3,366,440 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @sjhcomputing: Virus Removal in Rugeley and surrounding areas ow.ly/ZCef302rqsh 7 minutes ago
- RT @abeblakeway: Wolves Windows. https://t.co/mSXvb8Tbvj 8 minutes ago
- RT @Mrs_Funky: Cycling selfie 😎 https://t.co/ljXC5fBuLW 8 minutes ago
- RT @abeblakeway: Jewellery Quarter @BirminghamJQ @MyJQ 22/07/2016. https://t.co/YqlfznXIgq 8 minutes ago
- RT @ShippersUnbound: McDonnell still asserting that the NHS should do all drug research. Not clear how the NHS can afford the billions in r… 9 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Category Archives: Wildlife
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting at 7:00pm this Monday evening 11th July 2016 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Just a quick note to point out that the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are holding their Annual General Meeting this Friday, 10th June 2016) in Brownhills, at the Parkview Centre (the old Council House on the Miner Island), and all are welcome to attend.
Continue reading →
I’ve noticed a few people posting images online of the red deer at Chasewater yesterday who decided that in the warm weather, a swim was in order – and friend of the blog Leah Braidman posted the above wonderful images on the Brownhills Past and Present Facebook page.
Shire Oak Facebook group member Helen Andrews Birt has asked me to post an appeal on the blog – she’s found a bunch of keys in Walsall Wood yesterday morning (Thursday, 12th May 2016) at 8:30am, with a distinctive space invader keyring.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres the AGM of the Friends of Brownhills Common ext Monday, 16th May 2016 at 7:00pm at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
I note from the twitter feed or the local fire service that there were two separate outbreaks of grass fire on Brownhills Common just off Chester Raod late yesterday afternoon (Sunday 8th May 2016).
An interesting history walk is taking place this Saturday, 7th May at Chasewater, entitled ‘Where does the water go?’ which takes a look at how the dam infrastructure functions, and some of the industrial history of Anglesey Basin and surrounds.
Continue reading →