Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 29th - Here’s an odd one. In the dark, I spotted dark... August 30, 2016
- August 29th - Not a fan of August Bank Holiday. The day off is... August 30, 2016
- August 28th - Staunton Harold is a beautiful reservoir, created... August 29, 2016
- August 29th - Another day, another reservoir, this time Staunton... August 29, 2016
- August 27th - As I travelled home along the canal, I listened to... August 29, 2016
- August 27th - The rain held off while I visited the Festival of... August 29, 2016
- August 26th - it’s been 7 years since I last rode this way. A... August 29, 2016
- August 26th - An afternoon off, so a long ride into Derbyshire... August 29, 2016
- August 25th - North Street, The Butts in steady rain. Late... August 26, 2016
- August 25th - Passing through Pleck, I noted the ‘legal name... August 26, 2016
- August 24th - Another spell of working very, very late. On my... August 26, 2016
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent - wallet/cardholder lost in Brownhills
- A pictorial record
- Post haste
- Beware: blue-green algae again found at Chasewater
- Pictures from the Pelsall Festival of Water 2016
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Temperance, even!
- Dropping a Cla'nger
- Shock closure of Shire Oak pub
- Festival of Water comes to Pelsall - all this weekend!
- 3,456,163 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @StarrOutlook: The 10 best songs about serial killers teamrock.com/feature/2016-0… 0 minutes ago
- RT @eleanortiernan: *removes headphones* So what's being going on on the Twitter today? 1 minute ago
- RT @pointlesslettrs: “Look! They’re doing it again! That’s it! Derek! DEREK! Fetch my pen!” https://t.co/k1LaaRk7fk 6 minutes ago
- RT @EmrgencyKittens: cats can sleep anywhere https://t.co/9CzKaiUJhw 7 minutes ago
- RT @elle91: WHAT LIGHT THROUGH YONDER WINDOW BREAKS https://t.co/uZr93educs 11 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Category Archives: Wildlife
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting at 7:00pm on Monday 12th September 2016 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
A quick one from the Chasewater page on Facebook – this lovely Donkey cuddly toy was found at Chasewater Railway, near the cafe yesterday by Debi Taylor.
Continue reading →
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting at 7:00pm this Monday evening 11th July 2016 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Just a quick note to point out that the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are holding their Annual General Meeting this Friday, 10th June 2016) in Brownhills, at the Parkview Centre (the old Council House on the Miner Island), and all are welcome to attend.
Continue reading →
I’ve noticed a few people posting images online of the red deer at Chasewater yesterday who decided that in the warm weather, a swim was in order – and friend of the blog Leah Braidman posted the above wonderful images on the Brownhills Past and Present Facebook page.
Shire Oak Facebook group member Helen Andrews Birt has asked me to post an appeal on the blog – she’s found a bunch of keys in Walsall Wood yesterday morning (Thursday, 12th May 2016) at 8:30am, with a distinctive space invader keyring.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres the AGM of the Friends of Brownhills Common ext Monday, 16th May 2016 at 7:00pm at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.