Because you’re free to read this blog
- June 21st - Another high summer day, the longest as it happens,... June 22, 2017
- June 20th - This old chap is someone I’m very pleased to see,... June 21, 2017
- June 20th - A day of errands in the Black Country and plenty of... June 21, 2017
- June 19th - Returning from work I noted the Catshill Canada... June 21, 2017
- June 19th - I met this skinny, lithe young cat in north Walsall,... June 21, 2017
- June 18th - Another fine, high summer day and this time I headed... June 21, 2017
- June 17th - From Amerton, I went for a long afternoon and... June 21, 2017
- June 17th - A ride out to Amerton Farm, the craft centre just... June 21, 2017
- June 16th - This poor, out of focus photo shows something I was... June 17, 2017
- June 16th - Summer is finally on her throne, and how glorious... June 17, 2017
- June 15th As I cycled home up the Scarborough Road in Pleck, I... June 16, 2017
- June 15th - I heard about the local poppy field on Facebook, and... June 16, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Tragedy at local lake as boy drowns
- Incidents last night in Brownhills...
- Mere vandalism
- Ryders Mere fishery plan withdrawn
- Culvert investigations
- Walsall Wood Remembrance Parade: An important appeal
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Drama as two cars collide on Pelsall Road, Brownhills last night
- Hot spell causes bloom of blue-green algae at Chasewater
- BBC Television's Street Auction comes to Brownhills this Saturday!
- 4,363,965 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Wildlife
Reader Kevin Price has asked me to post an appeal on the blog – he’s found what appears to be a house key on Ogley Road yesterday evening (Wednesday 14th June 2017).
Continue reading →
There’s an important warning I need to share from Chasewater Rangers about the local deer population – not just at Chasewater, but all thought our area from the heaths of North Walsall to Cannock Chase.
Just a quick note to point out that the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are holding their Annual General Meeting next Friday nevening (Friday, 9th June 2017) in Brownhills, at the Parkview Centre (the old Council House on the Miner Island), and all are welcome to attend.
It looks like we’ve got a missing mustelid – Linzi Woodhouse has been in touch to ask if anyone has seen her pet ferret which has gone missing from home in the Ogley Road area of Brownhills.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting next Monday 15th May 2017 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
I know it’s late on but there’s a great even going on in Whittington this afternoon (Saturday, 15th April 2017) in aid of the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust ‘Tunnel Vision’ appeal – Eric and Doreen’s All Day Easter Coffee Morning.
I was elsewhere yesterday afternoon as it’s good cycling weather – but I noticed from social media feeds and enquiries that there was a grass fire on Gentleshaw Common towards the evening.