Because you’re free to read this blog
- March 26th - There’s times when you just have to give in. For... May 27, 2016
- May 26th - One flower I forgot yesterday that really deserves... May 27, 2016
- May 25th - Another thing that’s abundant right now is the May or... May 26, 2016
- May 25th - As we advance to late spring and early summer, some... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - On the cycleway between Walsall and Pelsall, the former... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - I ‘m convinced that whatever gave rise to moorhens and... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - At Catshill Junction on the way back, a small, domestic... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - I get a bit tired sometimes of defending Brownhills,... May 25, 2016
- May 22nd - Also growing well, and still at the original 9, the... May 23, 2016
- May 22nd - Another good riding day, but I was a bit tired, and... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - On my way back via Chasewater, I spotted the huge... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - Up on Cannock Chase, I went looking for a fire tower... May 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Bathing beauties
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- New Hall Mill open tomorrow, Spring Bank Holiday Monday
- What's this stuff about, then?
- Fantastic live music at The Chase Inn this weekend!
- Brownhills in black and white
- Resurfacing of A5 Watling Street - warning of road closures
- Brownhills: a brave new world in colour
- Inn for a treat
- Chasewater Countryside Events and Guided Walks 2016 - details available here
- 3,233,714 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @cbrookmyre: If Trump becomes president, there is no way Mexico will pay to build a wall along their border. However, Canada might be th… 11 hours ago
- Nice firework and kitchen chemistry fun. Now to await the police :-) 11 hours ago
- RT @ShitJokes: What's red and smells like blue paint? Red paint. 12 hours ago
- Teaching pickle (and interested adults) to make a black snake. BRB. 12 hours ago
- 'Loubie has ridden a TWENTY-FOUR hour race' 'has she?' 'Yes. It took A WHOLE DAY.' 12 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 30, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 6, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 13, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Category Archives: Wildlife
I’ve noticed a few people posting images online of the red deer at Chasewater yesterday who decided that in the warm weather, a swim was in order – and friend of the blog Leah Braidman posted the above wonderful images on the Brownhills Past and Present Facebook page.
Shire Oak Facebook group member Helen Andrews Birt has asked me to post an appeal on the blog – she’s found a bunch of keys in Walsall Wood yesterday morning (Thursday, 12th May 2016) at 8:30am, with a distinctive space invader keyring.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres the AGM of the Friends of Brownhills Common ext Monday, 16th May 2016 at 7:00pm at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
I note from the twitter feed or the local fire service that there were two separate outbreaks of grass fire on Brownhills Common just off Chester Raod late yesterday afternoon (Sunday 8th May 2016).
An interesting history walk is taking place this Saturday, 7th May at Chasewater, entitled ‘Where does the water go?’ which takes a look at how the dam infrastructure functions, and some of the industrial history of Anglesey Basin and surrounds.
Continue reading →
A timely warning to residents of Clayhanger and further afield that the reported incidents of poisoned bait being left around the village seem to be ongoing still – after the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored meat on Clayhanger Common and the subsequent discovery of possibly poisoned bait a little while later, comes this awful tale from Facebook user Shannon Vanessa Binding.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a Friends of Brownhills Common site meeting to be held 10am Thursday 4th February 2016 meeting on the car park – Tim Cleary, Walsall Council Countryside Operations Manager to attend.