Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 28th - Inexorably sliding now from the flowering to the... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - And on my return, the weather was so lovely, I... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - A foul commute in steady rain and a headwind, with... July 27, 2016
- July 26th - The harvest started a few days before the weather... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - In Rushall, a couple of apple trees have fruit... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - A horrid, horrid ride home. I had to take a trip... July 26, 2016
- July 24th - Finally getting out on a ride late afternoon, I... July 24, 2016
- July 24th - I paid a flying visit to the Vintage Fair at... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Spotted on the canal near Tamhorn Park, between... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Pleased to see again that the walnut tree,... July 24, 2016
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Cockfest 2016 on this weekend!
- Local kids fight to raise disability awareness
- Funeral details for Roger Mosedale announced - and more of Roger's music emerges
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Lamping it!
- Reports bogus Dyson engineer scam operating locally again
- Beware: blue-green algae found at Chasewater
- Stop Press: Oak Park and Bloxwich Leisure Centres Open 9th August
- Cockfest starts today!
- 3,381,224 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @BhillsCommoner: @BrownhillsBob On the subject of dialect have you heard "gommerking" and "chombling" (soundex) w/o the "g" - they may b… 6 hours ago
- RT @PukkahPunjabi: Jeremy Corbyn killed Harambe and Eoin Clarke has the evidence to prove it but The Canary are covering it up because of A… 6 hours ago
- RT @sabcatprinting: Because kids from poor families don't have a shit enough time as it is... huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/lunch-is… 6 hours ago
- RT @sacredwench: Healthy moth population, five floors up. No idea of species id. but various bob owlers, small, medium & large drawn in by… 6 hours ago
- RT @stevebct: A fantastic evening, thanks Brownhills Activity Centre, @flatpack, Paul Shawcross, @CreativeBCuk @bct_us https://t.co/dQ3AQ5k… 7 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Category Archives: Events
Here’s a really, really great thing happening this weekend, Friday 29th – Sunday 31st July 2016 at Newtown, Brownhills – a weekend music and fun festival with proceeds going to the Midlands Air Ambulance Charity.
I’m running this post again as a notable hoover enthusiast and blog contributor the young David Evans has been called by the fake Dyson engineers, and he’s just one of several who’ve reported calls in our area lately.
Continue reading →
I’d like to wish all the very best of luck to the hard working volunteers and community minded folk who’ve worked with Brownhills Town Centre Partnership on this year’s Brownhills in Bloom bird, which is judged this afternoon (Wednesday, 27th July 2016).
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Thursday evening (28th July 2016) there will be a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
I notice that this Sunday, 24th July 2016, there’s a rather fun looking vintage event being staged at Chasewater Railway byMabel’s Vintage Carriage, who have a regular vintage stall in a carriage at the preserved railway.
The Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills goes from strength to strength – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – and there’s a great Vinyl Disco on this weekend.
Andy Roper from Walsall Wood Football Club has been in touch to let me know that they’re having a maintenance weekend at Oak Park today and tomorrow (Saturday 23 July -Sunday 24 July 206), from 12-5pm each day.