Because you’re free to read this blog
- January 23rd - Heading into Birmingham on a dull, misty and... January 23, 2017
- January 22nd - I couldn’t think where to go, so I just took turn... January 23, 2017
- January 22nd - It was hard leaving the house today. Occasionally... January 23, 2017
- January 21st - An experiment with long-exposure photography was... January 23, 2017
- January 21st - It seems my optimism at the dawning of the light... January 23, 2017
- madoldbaggage: What a fascinating little house. Tudor built as... January 23, 2017
- January 20th - I was home earlier, but didn’t escape the dark.... January 21, 2017
- January 20th - Then, as if by magic, the light appeared to save... January 21, 2017
- January 19th - Another late return, another dearth of decent... January 21, 2017
- Photo January 21, 2017
- January 19th - Spotted near thee canal in Darlaston on yet... January 19, 2017
- January 18th - A long, grey and damp day ended very, very late.... January 19, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Class photos
- Arrests made following Brownhills burglary
- A mystery for the narrowboat folk
- Subaru car stolen from Aldridge - keep an eye out folks
- Adrian Wigley: Funeral details announced
- The school of 64
- Oak Park misery continues as Mikes master Wood
- December 1991 - A prayer for Christmas
- Remember the man with the clipboard?
- Going Back
- 3,926,230 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Walsall
You may recall the unfortunate house fire in Wyre Close, Walsall Wood last December, and the subsequent appeal to folks who could maybe donate unwanted household items when the couple found a house again.
Continue reading →
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting tonight, Monday 16th January 2017 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Please keep a lookout if you will folks, for the above chap, Andrew Cooper who’s been missing from his home in Stourport since last Wednesday (4th January 2017) – Andrew is a gentleman from Walsall originally and many of his friends and people who used to work with him have asked me to post the appeal here.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting on Monday 16th January 2017 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
Yesterday, roving Walsall Wood current affairs correspondent Stephen Hill sent me the above collection of images and the following observations about what is currently happening at Oak Park.
There’s currently a serious fire occurring at the the derelict former Oak Park Recreation Centre in Walsall Wood.
Right, here’s the second half of the Brownhills Blog New Year Quiz 2017 – these questions are for those who can explore the area and have a nose around – the first set were released yesterday, and are for those who may be unable to explore or just prefer to research their answers online.
Continue reading →