Donate to the Mylee appeal here.
Because you’re free to read this blog
- February 23rd - If the mist of the previous evening had been... February 23, 2018
- February 22nd - Frustratingly, I had to pop into Birmingham on... February 23, 2018
- February 22nd - Passing through Telford on a flying visit in the... February 23, 2018
- February 21st - Meanwhile, in Kings Hill Park the crowds are... February 21, 2018
- February 21st - Looking down Victoria Road from Darlaston Town... February 21, 2018
- February 20th - Spring is encroaching. This evening, coming... February 21, 2018
- February 19th - This one has been puzzling me for a while. In... February 20, 2018
- February 19th - Travelling to work on a grey, horrible morning I... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - One of the stranger legacies of the M6 Toll... February 20, 2018
- February 18th - In what turned out to be an abortive, doomed... February 19, 2018
- February 18th - A call in to Ogley Junction to see how the... February 19, 2018
- February 17th - Back in Brownhills, and another azure blue... February 19, 2018
Top Posts & Pages
- Rest in peace Brian 'Bill' White: Funeral details announced
- October 1991 - MP calls for a two day exhibition of Toll Road
- A bricked-up time capsule...
- Class photos
- Two great events coming up from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Trust!
- Fired up
- The summer of 82... and school was out!
- A team line up and a pig roast: What do you know?
- Have a great night of music and dance - and Back The Track!
- The Portman Collection - part three: Final forms, and on with the sport
- 5,090,135 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Shannon Diana
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
Category Archives: Clayhanger stuff
An event coming up for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park -that there’s the Annual General Meeting of the Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at the Clean and Green Depot, Pelsall Road, Brownhills starting at 7:00pm on Monday evening, 26th February 2018.
Just a reminder that Brownhills Community Association and the Back The Track project will be hosting a fundraising concert at the Community Centre in Brownhills on Saturday, March 10th 2018 and tickets are just £5 with proceeds to the greenway project on the old rail line through Brownhills.
Old friend of the blog San Brett has been in touch to let me know that her internet radio station Falcon Radio (you can tune in here) will be holding a request marathon in memory and support of Mylee Billingham who tragically died last month.
Continue reading →
A note to people living around the Friezland Lane area of Shire Oak, particularly those around the Hillside Close/Simmonds Way/Hillside areas – yesterday afternoon (Wednesday 7th February 2018) at around 4pm a vehicle was broken into and a large quantity of items were stolen from it.
An interesting appeal in from Aldridge Neighbourhood Policing Team who have a number of items (pictured in the gallery above) which they think may have been stolen and are trying to trace the owners.
I’ve been contacted by the Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer who’s asked me to let you all know that Brownhills Community Association and the Back The Track project will be hosting a fundraising concert at the Community Centre in Brownhills on Saturday, March 10th 2018 and tickets are just £5 with proceeds to the greenway project on the old rail line through Brownhills.
I’ve been contacted by a reader of the blog who lives in Walsall Wood who’s asked me to to warn you that there’s a man driving around our area in a large white van offering mattresses and TVs for sale door to door, and it’s undoubtedly a scam.