Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 21st - As I neared Brownhills, a beautiful violet-red... September 22, 2017
- September 21st - Returning home after a long day through north... September 22, 2017
- 5,000 posts! Bimey. September 20, 2017
- September 20th - The conker (or horse chestnut to be formal for... September 20, 2017
- September 20th - A good fungal find near conifers by the canal... September 20, 2017
- September 19th - I had to visit Telford and when I arrived late... September 19, 2017
- September 19th n- One of the odder fruits of the autumn is the... September 19, 2017
- September 18th - It was grey and just after heavy rain when I... September 19, 2017
- September 18th - Riding through the backstreets of central... September 19, 2017
- September 17th - By the time I arrived at Shenstone 30 minutes... September 18, 2017
- September 17th - I left at lunchtime and headed to... September 18, 2017
- September 16th - I was being watched at Catshill Junction.My... September 18, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Get locked out in Walsall this Saturday
- Lichfield and Hatherton's huge canal Heritage Gathering is this weekend!
- Meet your local coppers this Friday in Brownhills
- A past landscape from a surprise source
- Wood crushes Chelmsley
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Traffic incident causing holdups in Brownhills this morning
- Culvert investigations
- Seek and you shall find something familiar at The Lamp Arts this Friday!
- Details of improvement schemes to Streets Corner and Shire Oak junctions released
- 4,645,155 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Clayhanger stuff
Reader Andrea Atterbury has been in touch to warn readers that items of what is believed to be meat bait have been recently found on Clayhanger Common including pig’s trotters, leading to renewed fears that poisoned bait may be being placed on the common again.
A reader living on the Watermead Estate in Brownhills (The new one between the Pelsall Road and Tesco) has been in touch with me asking to share with readers that her partner had his van broken into last night (Friday 18th August 2017).
There’s been a car break in in Shire Ride, Shire Oak, which took place on Wednesday 16th August 2017 between 3:30pm and 8am the following morning – a satnav iPod and loss change were stolen.
Partnerships officer Kevin Pitt has sent details of a bogus workmen scam operating in Aldridge that has led to the detention of two men in connection with a scam in which a local OAP was intimidated into withdrawing money from their bank by workmen who claimed to have carried out unsolicited work.
Brownhills Community Association have been in touch, asking me if I’d share their latest newsletter for July-September 2017 here on the blog – and as ever, I’m happy to do so.
Continue reading →
A couple of bikes stolen in the last few days locally I’d like readers to keep a look out for if possible please – the first being a Carrera pictured below, stolen from outside Marios Chip Shop, Brownhills on Tuesday, 8th August 2017 and also a very distinctive Cannondale Prophet with Lefty single blade fork pictured above, stolen from Tamworth Close Brownhills on Thursday, 10th August 2017.
Partnerships officer Kevin Pitt has sent details of a worrying incident in the Shire Oak area last week (Wednesday, 2nd August 2017) when an OAP living in Bradbury Close, just off Pauls Coppice was robbed of £100 by a man claiming to be doing fencing work.