Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 28th - Inexorably sliding now from the flowering to the... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - And on my return, the weather was so lovely, I... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - A foul commute in steady rain and a headwind, with... July 27, 2016
- July 26th - The harvest started a few days before the weather... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - In Rushall, a couple of apple trees have fruit... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - A horrid, horrid ride home. I had to take a trip... July 26, 2016
- July 24th - Finally getting out on a ride late afternoon, I... July 24, 2016
- July 24th - I paid a flying visit to the Vintage Fair at... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Spotted on the canal near Tamhorn Park, between... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Pleased to see again that the walnut tree,... July 24, 2016
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Cockfest 2016 on this weekend!
- Local kids fight to raise disability awareness
- August 1994 - ￼Fierce attack at BNNR public enquiry
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Funeral details for Roger Mosedale announced - and more of Roger's music emerges
- Market forces
- Lamping it!
- Beware: blue-green algae found at Chasewater
- Reports bogus Dyson engineer scam operating locally again
- Stop Press: Oak Park and Bloxwich Leisure Centres Open 9th August
- 3,381,701 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @ukschizophrenic: Unless Ireland apologises for Bewitched... I just don't know how an independent Wales can have open relations with our… 1 hour ago
- RT @PaulbernalUK: I wonder if the Judean People's Front would have sued the People's Front of Judea if law hasn't seemed so 'Roman'. #Labour 2 hours ago
- RT @davidschneider: RIP Satire. We've moved beyond you now. #RIP twitter.com/realdonaldtrum… 2 hours ago
- RT @IamLucyWood: This little girl is very special to our family and friends what a fantastic legacy to leave behind twitter.com/lichmercury/st… 2 hours ago
- RT @kingdomhorse: My tiny nieces first words are "oh dear" 😂 because she is a tiny tornado of chaos and is always breaking things. This has… 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Tag Archives: Cycle rides
Sunday 17th July 2016 sees the last ever Rosie’s Charity Walk in aid of the wonderful Rosie’s Helping Hands Charity -I’m sure readers know the story of how the charity started, and out of tragedy, this event has raised a whole lot of cash for local good causes and proves that good things really can come from heartbreak.
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting at 7:00pm this Monday evening 11th July 2016 of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
New Hall Mill near Sutton Coldfield is open again this Sunday (1oth July 2016) and I can heartily recommend the place – It’s fascinating and I had a great time there on Spring Bank Holiday Monday 2015 – not enough people know about this wonderful building and the dedicated folk who look after it.
Continue reading →
There’s a really good classic and vintage car show on this weekend (thats Saturday and Sunday, 2nd & 3rd July 2016) in Beacon Park, Lichfield as part of Festival Weekend – the Rotary Cars in the Park event.
I briefly passed through Brownhills Canalside Festival today, and had very little time there due to having some work stuff kicking off elsewhere, but this year’s event looked superb from the photos generously supplied below by the young David Evans and old online pal Dave Tucker.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know that this Sunday (June 12th 2016), the second Staffordshire Ironman Triathlon will be staged, with a 1.2 mile swim in Chasewater being amongst the highlights.
Continue reading →
Theres a lovely thing to visit locally this Sunday (12th June 2016), that’s close by, free and absolutely fascinating…