Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 25th - Passing New Barns Farm at Footherley, I stopped... October 25, 2016
- October 25th - I’d been to Droitwich to see a customer and get... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - Something out of the ordinary picked up by the... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - Passing Jockey Meadows on the way home, the clean... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - All of a sudden, Autumn has exploded into vibrant... October 25, 2016
- October 23rd - The pigs of Packington Moor are always... October 24, 2016
- October 23rd - For the final light Sunday evening of 2016, I... October 24, 2016
- October 22nd - Seeing my old friend, who’s still ill but better... October 23, 2016
- October 22nd - I’d been to see an old mate who’s not been so... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - A free afternoon in Birmingham was fun, rooting... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - Riding to work along the canal in Walsall in the... October 23, 2016
- October 20th - Spotted from the canal towpath as I zipped past,... October 21, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Fire incident at the former Terrace Restaurant, Brownhills
- A Ferrie on the cut - but who with, and where?
- Motorcyclist dies in Brownhills accident
- An uncommon flight over Chasewater and Brownhills
- Car Crash on the A5, Brownhills Sunday morning - 1 hurt
- A wish for the Wishing Well?
- Car smashes through garage in early morning Brownhills crash
- Was the investigation into the Grove Pit Disaster a whitewash?
- Walsall Wood Saints need your votes!
- Charles Henry Ruddock: A local Victorian in the Great War
- 3,592,792 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @HippoGriffinus: @BrownhillsBob when I saw they were dismantling the Calais "jungle" I instinctively thought to myself, "I wonder what M… 45 minutes ago
- Pelsall FB horrific this morning... 1 hour ago
- See Mike Bird desperately making a grab for relevance. After his huge success at Walsall Council the ideal man to pontificate on migratio 1 hour ago
- RT @redchurchlen: Breakfast of champions https://t.co/xptEP7XK5q 1 hour ago
- Just walked into an otherwise empty archive and caught Molly singing her head off. She's got a great voice. Who knew? 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Cycle rides
Tom Reid from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust has been in touch to let us know about the progress they’re making in opening up the former canal towpath as a walking route between Barracks Lane and Summerhill, aided by corporate volunteers.
This is just a quick note to warn people given to exploring the open spaces of the area that over the next 8-10 weeks or so the deer population will be getting amorous – it’s rutting time for our large brown friends, and that means one thing: the heaths around Brownhills, Clayhanger, Pelsall and Chasewater in particular are likely to be host to rather grumpy, aggressive stags guarding their female harems.
Continue reading →
Here’s one for people interested in the issues surrounding Brownhills Common – theres a meeting tonight (Monday 12th September 2016) of the Freinds of Brownhills Common group at the Environmental Depot, 200 Pelsall Road, Brownhills – WS8 7EN – please meet in the reception by 7:00pm.
New Hall Mill near Sutton Coldfield is open again this Sunday (11th September 2016) for the final time this year and I can heartily recommend the place – It’s fascinating and I had a great time there on Spring Bank Holiday Monday 2015 – not enough people know about this wonderful building and the dedicated folk who look after it.
Despite a weather forecast that didn’t bode well, the first day of the three day Inland Waterways Association Festival of Water at Pelsall was pretty good when I called in, and the rain held off until the moment I left.
New Hall Mill near Sutton Coldfield is open again this Bank Holiday Monday (29th August 2016) and I can heartily recommend the place – It’s fascinating and I had a great time there on Spring Bank Holiday Monday 2015 – not enough people know about this wonderful building and the dedicated folk who look after it.
Those who remember the excellent Pelsall Canal Festivals will be pleased to note that this weekend, there’s a similar three day festival taking place on the canals and common around Norton Junction in Pelsall, featuring over a hundred boats, stalls, displays, fun and entertainment for all the family.