Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 24th - Finally getting out on a ride late afternoon, I... July 24, 2016
- July 24th - I paid a flying visit to the Vintage Fair at... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Spotted on the canal near Tamhorn Park, between... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Pleased to see again that the walnut tree,... July 24, 2016
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
- July 21st - It’s been a great week of commuting so far. Sunny... July 21, 2016
- July 21st - It’s true that I am one of those characters that... July 21, 2016
- dry-valleys: At a certain edgelands pool near my place of work... July 21, 2016
- July 20th - I’m fascinated at the moment by continuing work... July 20, 2016
- July 20th - People seem to think I’m negative about buddleia,... July 20, 2016
- July 19th - Oh, hi pals. Where have you been? Not seen you for a... July 20, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Fondly remembering a local musical talent
- More Costa jobs up for grabs in Brownhills
- Mabel's Vintage Fair at Chasewater Railway this Sunday!
- In memoriam: Roger Mosedale
- Burntwood Wakes on right now!
- Urgent appeal: Walsall NHS Trust looking for relatives of a patient
- Chasewater Countryside Events and Guided Walks 2016 - details available here
- Stop Press: Oak Park and Bloxwich Leisure Centres Open 9th August
- Planning application submitted for new Costa Coffee branch in Brownhills
- Lamping it!
- 3,370,770 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Billy cracks awful failed one liner, assistant 'Excuse Billy. He's so concerned about the size of his willy he bought a BMW convertible.' 21 minutes ago
- Paula Pakora is generally organising things and explaining who the twats are, where you can go for peace and quiet, etc 22 minutes ago
- Gradboy is clearly feeling a bit old, but being wonderfully fatherly 23 minutes ago
- So, usual power shiffling with a new arrival to the team. Billy Beard is a bit bullish because he's no longer the baby of the crew... 24 minutes ago
- Oh god. Molly knitter the Mr. Tayto herself. 25 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Tag Archives: Sunday
I notice that this Sunday, 24th July 2016, there’s a rather fun looking vintage event being staged at Chasewater Railway byMabel’s Vintage Carriage, who have a regular vintage stall in a carriage at the preserved railway.
Just a quick heads up that this Sunday (17th July 2016), there’s to be a Summer Fair and Dog Show at Chasewater – the whole thing runs from 10am until 4pm, with registration for the Dog Show taking place from 11am and the show itself at 2:30pm.
Continue reading →
Sunday 17th July 2016 sees the last ever Rosie’s Charity Walk in aid of the wonderful Rosie’s Helping Hands Charity -I’m sure readers know the story of how the charity started, and out of tragedy, this event has raised a whole lot of cash for local good causes and proves that good things really can come from heartbreak.
Here’s one I’m sad to say I know very little about and had very short notice of, but there’s a junior football tournament ongoing to Shire Oak School this weekend (Saturday and Sunday 9-10th July 2016) involving Shire Oak Saints under the banner of Walsall Wood Football Club.
Continue reading →
New Hall Mill near Sutton Coldfield is open again this Sunday (1oth July 2016) and I can heartily recommend the place – It’s fascinating and I had a great time there on Spring Bank Holiday Monday 2015 – not enough people know about this wonderful building and the dedicated folk who look after it.
Continue reading →
If you’re quick, there’s going to be another great event staged this afternoon by Lichfield Discovered, a side project of Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore – this time, it’s a walk around the site and remains of the old RAF Lichfield base near Fradley – it’s led by the wonderful Steve Lightfoot, so is bound to be entertaining, informative and fun!
Continue reading →
I note the creative advertising modification team have been out again this year, getting Brownhills Canal Festival noticed on social media – and any publicity is good, as the image above has been shared hundreds of times now since it was posted last week on Facebook by old friend of the blog Nathan Whittaker.