Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
- August 22nd - I note a fair crop of acorns this year, and like... August 23, 2016
- August 22nd - I had to pop to Telford mid day, and leaving the... August 23, 2016
- August 21st - Had no idea this was a genuine issue at Middleton... August 22, 2016
- August 21st - Having had sugar, I felt much better and headed... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - Something else I was pleased to note on my long,... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - A very tired day in which I felt groggy, tired and... August 22, 2016
- August 19th - The rains of the day had brought out the... August 20, 2016
- August 19th - Another late night return, this time after 11pm,... August 20, 2016
- August 18th - An exhausted return from work very, very late.... August 19, 2016
- August 17th - Another sunset return after an early start and... August 18, 2016
- August 17th - Too many cats I hear you cry - sorry, but I adore... August 17, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Shock closure of Shire Oak pub
- Shire Oak just reopened with new landlord!
- New store opening in Brownhills today!
- A remarkable local rail journey - stepping right out of time
- Shire Oak Pub reopens tomorrow!
- Shire Oak Pub refurbishment starts next week!
- Christmas, 1957 - but who's that girl?
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Watling Street School - 125 Year Anniversary Book available for download!
- 3,442,080 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @edjeff: wait, i missed this shit because you morons were farting on about trains? https://t.co/2ihF1JNtEm 1 hour ago
- RT @ThePoke: How to tell if something is past its sell-by-date thepoke.co.uk/2016/08/24/how… https://t.co/wLo0XAcKJt 1 hour ago
- RT @KeithChallingsw: @DerekTheWeather Sunset at Penycwm tonight https://t.co/S4A0zAxQ8w 1 hour ago
- RT @Kelsier_WM: Hi @VirginTrains could you please confirm that no footage of me on your trains will be released for non-legal reasons by yo… 1 hour ago
- RT @dailydot: Rush Limbaugh warns that federally paid 'lesbian farmers' could invade your town: trib.al/FAy54KY https://t.co/J0VJGq… 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Sunday
New Hall Mill near Sutton Coldfield is open again this Sunday (13th August 2016) and I can heartily recommend the place – It’s fascinating and I had a great time there on Spring Bank Holiday Monday 2015 – not enough people know about this wonderful building and the dedicated folk who look after it.
Your chance to catch Walsall Wood FC in away action against Tividale this afternoon!
I notice that this Sunday, 24th July 2016, there’s a rather fun looking vintage event being staged at Chasewater Railway byMabel’s Vintage Carriage, who have a regular vintage stall in a carriage at the preserved railway.
Just a quick heads up that this Sunday (17th July 2016), there’s to be a Summer Fair and Dog Show at Chasewater – the whole thing runs from 10am until 4pm, with registration for the Dog Show taking place from 11am and the show itself at 2:30pm.
Continue reading →
Sunday 17th July 2016 sees the last ever Rosie’s Charity Walk in aid of the wonderful Rosie’s Helping Hands Charity -I’m sure readers know the story of how the charity started, and out of tragedy, this event has raised a whole lot of cash for local good causes and proves that good things really can come from heartbreak.
Here’s one I’m sad to say I know very little about and had very short notice of, but there’s a junior football tournament ongoing to Shire Oak School this weekend (Saturday and Sunday 9-10th July 2016) involving Shire Oak Saints under the banner of Walsall Wood Football Club.
Continue reading →
New Hall Mill near Sutton Coldfield is open again this Sunday (1oth July 2016) and I can heartily recommend the place – It’s fascinating and I had a great time there on Spring Bank Holiday Monday 2015 – not enough people know about this wonderful building and the dedicated folk who look after it.
Continue reading →