Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 27th - As I travelled home along the canal, I listened to... August 29, 2016
- August 27th - The rain held off while I visited the Festival of... August 29, 2016
- August 26th - it’s been 7 years since I last rode this way. A... August 29, 2016
- August 26th - An afternoon off, so a long ride into Derbyshire... August 29, 2016
- August 25th - North Street, The Butts in steady rain. Late... August 26, 2016
- August 25th - Passing through Pleck, I noted the ‘legal name... August 26, 2016
- August 24th - Another spell of working very, very late. On my... August 26, 2016
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
- August 22nd - I note a fair crop of acorns this year, and like... August 23, 2016
- August 22nd - I had to pop to Telford mid day, and leaving the... August 23, 2016
- August 21st - Had no idea this was a genuine issue at Middleton... August 22, 2016
- August 21st - Having had sugar, I felt much better and headed... August 22, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Pictures from the Pelsall Festival of Water 2016
- Temperance, even!
- A pictorial record
- Have you lost a calico cat in the Aldridge area?
- Festival of Water comes to Pelsall - all this weekend!
- Beware: blue-green algae again found at Chasewater
- Woodmen lose their mojo to Coleshill
- Urgent - wallet/cardholder lost in Brownhills
- Diamonds and dust
- 3,453,094 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @sacredwench: Does the Golden Lion still exist? And if so where is/was it? 6 minutes ago
- RT @sacredwench: Death of a commissioner and a new inn. The commissioners are off to the Golden Lion in Kidderminster (August, 1777). So mu… 6 minutes ago
- RT @darrencaveney: Bumper apple harvest this year. *nudges Mrs C for a crumble...* https://t.co/NXcrhX99nL 6 minutes ago
- RT @thestymaster: QT hiding in the undergrowth. https://t.co/EPt8Agr2kV 7 minutes ago
- RT @StarrOutlook: The Monkees - "Pleasant Valley Sunday" - ORIGINAL VIDEO - HQ youtu.be/sUzs5dlLrm0 via @YouTube 7 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Lichfield
Readers may well recall the awful and largely forgotten story surrounding Colenal James Kilian, and his cruelty and subsequent disgrace following the mistreatment of soldiers at the U.S. Army base stationed at Whittington, near Lichfield, duringWorld War Two – it’s a subject we’ve touched on occasionally and is little known about here in the UK, but somewhat notorious in the USA. Continue reading
A reader has contacted me to say they’ve found the above puss in Aldridge, and would like to get it home to it’s rightful owner.
This is an important one for dog-walkers and users of Chasewater in general who may let dogs swim in the water – blue green algae has once more been found in the lake in the last few days after an earlier outbreak this year, and Staffordshire County Council yesterday (26th August 2016) issued a warning to park users.
A bit of advance notice that next week, on Saturday 3rd September 2016, there will be a wonderful community street party at Brownhills Activity Centre (the old Annex) in Brownhills, just off the Miner Island, from 12 noon until 5pm.