Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 2nd - After what seems like weeks of grey, cold weather it... May 3, 2016
- May 2nd - What a difference an hour made.It had been a miserable... May 3, 2016
- May 1st - Born to be wild, still running free, the Newtown... May 2, 2016
- May 1st - A blustery and occasionally wet ride over to Walton on... May 2, 2016
- April 20th - As the weather had cleared, I stopped to snap a... May 2, 2016
- April 30th - So, there I’d done gone and promised to bring ny... May 2, 2016
- April 29th - A long day, which broke very, very bad news. A... April 30, 2016
- April 28th - Another striking return is of the leaves to the row... April 28, 2016
- April 28th - A beautiful morning but yet again, very cold. It’s... April 28, 2016
- April 27th - I keep noticing this Giant bike at Telford; I don’t... April 27, 2016
- April 27th - When I left home just after dawn there was a heavy... April 27, 2016
- April 26th - Poor long-range photos, but these are for... April 26, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent: Brownhills dementia sufferer missing from home
- Do you remember Anchor Garage?
- Standing up for a quiet man
- Brownhills: a brave new world in colour
- May Day at dawn
- Chase Sailing Club open day today
- Old Holland
- Up around the bend
- Brownhills in black and white
- Can you help record the history of Harpers Buses?
- 3,175,513 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- Urgent: Brownhills dementia sufferer missing from home brownhillsbob.com/2016/05/03/urg… via @brownhillsbob 1 hour ago
- RT @Walsallpolice: MISSING: Dementia sufferer Victor Whitehouse (76) from Brownhills, left his house this morning and hasn't returned. http… 1 hour ago
- RT @nxwestmidlands: Due to road resurfacing works on Coppice Road/Linden Road, service 10A is diverted from Walsall only via Lichfield Road… 5 hours ago
- RT @getinthesea: GET IN THE FUCKING SEA GOLDSMITH, YOU HONKING CHUNK OF TORY SHITE https://t.co/8trPf2zARD 7 hours ago
- RT @Staedtler: Have you seen the House of Lords? The British parliament may as well be on ebay. twitter.com/LeaveEUOfficia… 7 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 9, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 16, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 23, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Silly
Following the sad closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club, local activist Paul Sharpe has been beavering away to try and continue the club in some form in a new venue – I posted his appeal for help here a couple of months ago.
Continue reading →
Like most of the households in the borough, we’ve received a leaflet from Walsall Council recently in place of the normal bin collection calendar/schedule we normally receive at this time of year – the leaflet says a new calendar won’t be issued until ‘Late summer, 2016’ – I wonder why that might be?
Continue reading →
I see that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is organising a great Sunday afternoon historical walk along the line of the old town boundary ditch, with her informal and fun Lichfield local history group, Lichfield Discovered.
Just a heads up to all the bin botherers that there is the first brown (garden waste) bin collection of 2016 in Area 9 tomorrow (Friday, 8th February 2016) – that’s Brownhills, Pelsall, Shire Oak and Clayhanger – so get your bins out for the lads tonight.
I see that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is has an informal local history meeting on this evening with her irreverent and fun Lichfield history group, Lichfield Discovered.
I see that the wonderful San Brett – of local radio fame – has sadly been suffering poor health of late and has passed management of her popular Brownhills cafe San’s Kitchen over to new manager Adam Brookes – Adam’s sent me details of opening hours and offers he’s got on to tickle your taste buds…
I’ve had a large number of queries today about bin collections for Good Friday and the Easter Weekend (Friday 25th March, Monday 28th March 2016) – collection services in Walsall Borough are operating normally as they doe for every Bank Holiday except the three over Christmas.