Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 28th - I’m seeing lots of these berries in patches of... September 28, 2016
- September 28th - Although not as dramatic, the following sunrise... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - It was clear when I left work that there was... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - I was lucky to spot this Japanese parasol... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - There’s still a bountiful crop of elderberries... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - On my way home in the road in the backstreets... September 28, 2016
- September 25th - I spotted this handsome cat loafing in a field... September 25, 2016
- September 25th - A windy, wolfish day with lots of sun and a few... September 25, 2016
- dry-valleys: At Sutton Common, a Cold War communication tower,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Near Anchor Bridge on the canal at Brownhills,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Heading for Chasewater from Brownhills along... September 25, 2016
- September 23rd - At Calton, high in the Weaver Hills, I was... September 25, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- A lost line
- Deer water chase at Chasewater...
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - September 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- Fired up
- February 1995 - ￼Brownhills Loo-sing Out Again
- Green grew the rushes
- The class of 62
- An unusually clear view
- Your chance to catch a local legend - this Wednesday afternoon!
- A Walsall Wood Gentleman and Victorian Serviceman
- 3,524,118 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @abeblakeway: expressandstar.com/news/local-new… 2 hours ago
- RT @abeblakeway: inteltrain.com/wolverhampton-… 2 hours ago
- RT @JoLangb: Thanks so much @BrownhillsBob for featuring my 'deer casing through water' footage in this latest #Brownhills deer blog. https… 3 hours ago
- Thanks to @jolangb - remarkable deer footage at Chasewater. Mr. Loverman is in the water... brownhillsbob.com/2016/09/28/dee… 3 hours ago
- RT @AHappierDay: They'll never see me! https://t.co/s7AqDJmrMF 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Category Archives: Followups
You’ll remember a few days ago I cautioned local folk – especially dog walkers – to beware of the deer at the moment as the rut was getting underway, and they’d be a whole lot less tolerant as the hormones did their thing – well, I wasn’t wrong – as the video here shows, deer romance is well underway at Chasewater, with remarkable footage captured today by deer expert Jochen Langbein.
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Thursday evening (29th September 2016) there will be a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
This is just a quick note to warn people given to exploring the open spaces of the area that over the next 8-10 weeks or so the deer population will be getting amorous – it’s rutting time for our large brown friends, and that means one thing: the heaths around Brownhills, Clayhanger, Pelsall and Chasewater in particular are likely to be host to rather grumpy, aggressive stags guarding their female harems.
Continue reading →
Yesterday afternoon (Saturday 24h September 2016) Walsall Wood FC entertained Hereford team Pegasus Juniors at Oak Park – and again, the lads from the Wood started badly but pulled it out of the bag in the second half to snatch victory.
Your chance to catch Walsall Wood FC in home action at Oak Park this afternoon!
Continue reading →
This Sunday 26th September 2016, there’s a charity dog walk being held by Oscars Pet Foods of Lichfield and the Lichfield & Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust, taking place along the Lichfield Canal Heritage Towpath Trail near Borrowcop on the A51.
Desmond Burton has again been in touch, still pursuing his extraordinary research on the subject of his Great uncle Richard Meanley Anson who died in a military hospital on The Somme 100 years ago, almost to the very day.
Continue reading →