Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 29th - I couldn’t resist hopping over to Silver Street and... April 30, 2017
- April 29th - I’d been out for a ride late in the afternoon and... April 30, 2017
- April 28th - On my return, I needed fresh air so shot out around... April 30, 2017
- April 28th - I had business in Walsall’s and Birmingham,... April 30, 2017
- April 27th - Also near Stonnall, a classic spring view: cottages... April 30, 2017
- April 27th - On the way back from an errand in Shenstone, I... April 30, 2017
- April 26th - As Spring is the (rather cold this year) warm up... April 27, 2017
- April 26th - Another cold day, but not quite as bad as the day... April 27, 2017
- April 25th - Although still very cold for the time of year,... April 25, 2017
- April 25th - Well, that was a shock. A light dusting of snow... April 25, 2017
- April 24th - And not far away, just drifting on the canal... April 24, 2017
- April 24th - A very cold day once more with periodic rain and... April 24, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- What's up, Cock?
- Woodmen in Westfields wipeout, whilst reserve team turnover Tipton
- It's good to repair (and share!) - a great event this afternoon near Lichfield
- Former Terrace Restaurant to become World Buffet - confirmed!
- Walsall Wood FC v Westfields FC: Away match today!
- Classical Gas
- Interested in the old local buses?
- Incident of distraction crime and bogus callers increasing - a warning from West Midlands Police
- Silver Street Church historical display - on now!
- 4,221,942 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Followups
Just a quick headsup for the local history and transport enthusiasts out there who may be interested in the story of the iconic Harper Brothers bus company, whose green buses were a common sight around these parts up until the mid 1970s.
Yesterday afternoon (29th October 2017), Walsall Wood F.C. travelled to Allpay Park at Hereford to face Westfields, who sadly beat the Woodmen 4-0 – this match was a last ditch hope for Walsall Wood to defy relegation, but it wasn’t to be.
Continue reading →
Walsall Wood away at Hereford’s Westfields this afternoon: Can the Woodmen pull a win out of the bag and stave off relegation?
Never one to sit back and let life pass her by, that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is involved with a new project – Lichfield Repair and Share – which starts today (Saturday, 29th April 2017) at Woodhouse Farm, just north of Whittington, between 2pm and 4pm.
This is an important one I’m hoping readers can help with – a user of Brownhills Parkview Centre surgery yesterday (Tuesday 25th April 2017) lost their mobile phone possibly while using the disabled facilities there.
Continue reading →
Yesterday, Walsall Wood FC were visited by Heanor Town, and the home crowd needed a win – sadly it wasn’t to be, and the Derbyshire team left the Wood faithful reeling.
Walsall police this afternoon issued the following appeal for witnesses to come forward who may have seen the Mercedes Convertible, pictured below, on Wednesday last (19th April 2017) after in was involved in a collision on the Lichfield Road in Rushall, as a result of which an elderly man lost his life.