Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 24th - And not far away, just drifting on the canal... April 24, 2017
- April 24th - A very cold day once more with periodic rain and... April 24, 2017
- April 23rd - On the canal at Hopwas, a swan nest. The male was... April 24, 2017
- April 23rd - In the sun, it was warm, but otherwise another... April 24, 2017
- April 22nd - The late Lichfeldian touring cyclist and... April 24, 2017
- April 22nd - I headed out for an afternoon ride, still... April 24, 2017
- April 21st - I was still doing short test runs come sundown,... April 24, 2017
- April 21st - Spent some downtime doing mechanical things on the... April 24, 2017
- April 20th - Further on, Clayhanger Common is greening over a... April 21, 2017
- April 20th - A better day, recovered now. Returning home on the... April 21, 2017
- April 19th - A tired commute and weary day at work as a result... April 21, 2017
- April 18th - The Churnet Valley is beautiful - no ifs and no... April 21, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Open Mike
- Thank you Bill Shaw
- Fifty years and still going strong - celebrate with Silver Street Church!
- The Portman Collection - part six: Staff and older pupils, plus a surprise football team!
- Former Terrace Restaurant to become World Buffet - confirmed!
- Urgent: Police appeal for witnesses to Rushall collision
- Heanor prove to be keener than Wood
- Going A5 Live!
- 4,211,739 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Brownhills stuff
Walsall police this afternoon issued the following appeal for witnesses to come forward who may have seen the Mercedes Convertible, pictured below, on Wednesday last (19th April 2017) after in was involved in a collision on the Lichfield Road in Rushall, as a result of which an elderly man lost his life.
I see from the events list that Aston Manor Road Transport Museum in Aldridge have their Spring Running Day this Sunday, 23rd April 2017 -It starts at 10:00am and should be just the thing for vintage transport fans, bus enthusiasts, petrol heads and big and little kids of all kinds.
Come watch Walsall Wood in action against the Derbyshire lads this afternoon!
Continue reading →
Last Bank Holiday Monday afternoon (17th April 2017) Walsall Wood visited Highgate United, who sadly managed to turn around a match that had seemed in the bag for Walsall Wood. Bill Shaw was there, and with somewhat frayed nerves, sent the following … Continue reading →
With the local Remembrance appeals in mind, I thought I’d advertise this event on Sunday (23rd April 2017): a great St George’s day party at Walsall Wood Football Club hosted by the Bard of Brownhills himself, Ian Neville.
Old pals of the blog and top performers Brownhills Musical Theatre Company contacted me in the last few days to ask if I’d plug their latest show – the Dolly Parton hit 9 to 5 – which looks set to be a real gem.
Walsall Wood FC were away to Coventry Sphinx yesterday afternoon (Saturday, 15th April 2017), and despite holding their own for the first half, things rapidly deteriorated in the second.