Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 29th - Here’s an odd one. In the dark, I spotted dark... August 30, 2016
- August 29th - Not a fan of August Bank Holiday. The day off is... August 30, 2016
- August 28th - Staunton Harold is a beautiful reservoir, created... August 29, 2016
- August 29th - Another day, another reservoir, this time Staunton... August 29, 2016
- August 27th - As I travelled home along the canal, I listened to... August 29, 2016
- August 27th - The rain held off while I visited the Festival of... August 29, 2016
- August 26th - it’s been 7 years since I last rode this way. A... August 29, 2016
- August 26th - An afternoon off, so a long ride into Derbyshire... August 29, 2016
- August 25th - North Street, The Butts in steady rain. Late... August 26, 2016
- August 25th - Passing through Pleck, I noted the ‘legal name... August 26, 2016
- August 24th - Another spell of working very, very late. On my... August 26, 2016
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent - wallet/cardholder lost in Brownhills
- A pictorial record
- Post haste
- Beware: blue-green algae again found at Chasewater
- Pictures from the Pelsall Festival of Water 2016
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Temperance, even!
- Dropping a Cla'nger
- Shock closure of Shire Oak pub
- Festival of Water comes to Pelsall - all this weekend!
- 3,456,163 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @StarrOutlook: The 10 best songs about serial killers teamrock.com/feature/2016-0… 0 minutes ago
- RT @eleanortiernan: *removes headphones* So what's being going on on the Twitter today? 1 minute ago
- RT @pointlesslettrs: “Look! They’re doing it again! That’s it! Derek! DEREK! Fetch my pen!” https://t.co/k1LaaRk7fk 6 minutes ago
- RT @EmrgencyKittens: cats can sleep anywhere https://t.co/9CzKaiUJhw 8 minutes ago
- RT @elle91: WHAT LIGHT THROUGH YONDER WINDOW BREAKS https://t.co/uZr93educs 11 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Category Archives: Brownhills stuff
Friend of the blog, community activist and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer has sent the above image of the members of Clayhanger Working Men’s Club around 1953, and is trying to identify as many people in the picture as he can.
Just a quick enquiry from reader Susan Matthews, who has lost a card holder/wallet, possibly in Brownhills towards the end of last week (Friday 26th August 2016).
Your chance to catch Walsall Wood FC away at Sporting Khalsa, Willenhall this afternoon!
Sometimes, enquiries on the blog take a while to resolve – and this one is just such an example, and a good reason why one should never give up hope with finding answers, as you never know who’s passing.
Walsall Wood FC disappointed the fans yesterday (Saturday 27th August 2016) when they lost to Coleshill Town at Oak Park.
Your chance to catch Walsall Wood play Coleshill at home this afternoon – can they maintain their fitting spirit after beating the Badgers?
Those who remember the excellent Pelsall Canal Festivals will be pleased to note that this weekend, there’s a similar three day festival taking place on the canals and common around Norton Junction in Pelsall, featuring over a hundred boats, stalls, displays, fun and entertainment for all the family.