Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 29th - A dreadful day, and an awful ride.Being bank holiday,... May 29, 2017
- May 28th - I got to the floating market at Fazeley about 3:30pm,... May 29, 2017
- May 28th - I set out on a sunny afternoon to pay a visit to... May 29, 2017
- May 27th - I was busy all day and escaped after nightfall for a... May 29, 2017
- May 26th - This chump of flowers seem to show every year,... May 29, 2017
- May 26th - A lovely, warm shirtsleeve ride to work on a gorgeous... May 29, 2017
- May 25th - Not a brilliant shot but something I’ve not seen... May 25, 2017
- May 25th - So many new flowers to notice every day, and in the... May 25, 2017
- May 24th - Sorry for the surfeit of wildfowl chick photos, but... May 24, 2017
- May 24th - One of the more strikingly beautiful wayside flowers... May 24, 2017
- May 23rd - I’m glad to say the sun and warm weather over the... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - With warmer weather, during the warm hours, the urban... May 23, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Shocking walk-in burglary in Brownhills - take care, folks.
- Beware: Lady intimidated at Chasewater Heath
- Local miniature railway open this Monday!
- Good news - Millie the dog and Dave's ginger cat are back home and safe!
- Edgar Pritchard: Island life
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Don't forget Lichfield Bower today!
- Great dog show event this Bank Holiday Monday at Walsall Arboretum
- Don't forget New Hall Mill open day this Bank Holiday Monday!
- Fazeley floating market - on all this weekend!
- 4,301,614 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Brownhills stuff
It looks like we’ve got a missing mustelid – Linzi Woodhouse has been in touch to ask if anyone has seen her pet ferret which has gone missing from home in the Ogley Road area of Brownhills.
A troubling burglary took place in Ogley hay this weekend, when on the evening of Saturday, 27th May 2017 opportunist thieves walked into the house of an old friend of the blog and took a purse and a Dell laptop, while the lady who lives there was at home.
Continue reading →
I note in the last couple of days a worrying report of a lady being followed by a male behaving oddly on Chasewater North Heath, and post the following to warn dog walkers, particularly other women, to.beware.
The good folk of the local CAMRA cider and Perry pub of the year, the Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills have been in touch to let me know that there’s live music at the popular Brownhills pub tonight (Saturday 27th May 2017), with live music on stage from rock covers band Dark Page live from 9pm until late.
I note from local social media that a pug cross dog, Millie was stolen this evening, Monday 22nd May 2017 from Hednesford Road, Brownhills – I would ask that anyone seeing the dog, or who knows who may have her, contact the local police, K9 Search or her distraught owners.
Continue reading →
This Wednesday, 24th May 2017 it’ll be a rather special day at Brownhills Library in the Parkview Centre as Brownhills adopts its own poet for a day!
An intriguing enquiry reaches me from local historian and blog dynamo the young David Evans, who’s after a rather specific bit of history relating to a lost courtyard of dwellings in Brownhills High Street Called ‘The Metz’.