Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 26th - The harvest started a few days before the weather... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - In Rushall, a couple of apple trees have fruit... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - A horrid, horrid ride home. I had to take a trip... July 26, 2016
- July 24th - Finally getting out on a ride late afternoon, I... July 24, 2016
- July 24th - I paid a flying visit to the Vintage Fair at... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Spotted on the canal near Tamhorn Park, between... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Pleased to see again that the walnut tree,... July 24, 2016
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
- July 21st - It’s been a great week of commuting so far. Sunny... July 21, 2016
- July 21st - It’s true that I am one of those characters that... July 21, 2016
- dry-valleys: At a certain edgelands pool near my place of work... July 21, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Beware: blue-green algae found at Chasewater
- Many happy returns, Mr. Oakley...
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - July 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- Fondly remembering a local musical talent
- In memoriam: Roger Mosedale
- More Costa jobs up for grabs in Brownhills
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Late 1960s at a local school...
- Open Mike
- Get set for Cockfest 2016!
- 3,375,837 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @newsfondue: I've had a look and can't find the polls. Any help? @sharpeleven 6 hours ago
- RT @tinykittensHQ: LIVE on #Periscope: It's just too adorable over here. TinyKittens.com periscope.tv/w/amaKUzMxNDQ1… 6 hours ago
- RT @davidschneider: Types of chaos, in ascending order: Error Cock-up Fuck-up Calamity Piss-up in brewery Omnishambles Catastrofuck Southe… 6 hours ago
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - July 2016 public meeting this Thursday brownhillsbob.com/2016/07/26/lic… via @brownhillsbob 9 hours ago
- RT @theatre_absurd: On 29th July at Brownhills Activity Centre is the Buster Keaton classic... The General bit.ly/2a52Tdj https:/… 10 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Tag Archives: cycling
Sunday 17th July 2016 sees the last ever Rosie’s Charity Walk in aid of the wonderful Rosie’s Helping Hands Charity -I’m sure readers know the story of how the charity started, and out of tragedy, this event has raised a whole lot of cash for local good causes and proves that good things really can come from heartbreak.
Here’s great event kicking off in Walsall Arboretum tomorrow, (Saturday 9th July 2016) with activities and music running from 12 noon until 8pm – loads of free nature and wildlife stuff to do for all the family – including birds of prey, craft demos, woodland wildlife garden, plant sales, real ale and ciders – and much more.
New Hall Mill near Sutton Coldfield is open again this Sunday (1oth July 2016) and I can heartily recommend the place – It’s fascinating and I had a great time there on Spring Bank Holiday Monday 2015 – not enough people know about this wonderful building and the dedicated folk who look after it.
Continue reading →
I briefly passed through Brownhills Canalside Festival today, and had very little time there due to having some work stuff kicking off elsewhere, but this year’s event looked superb from the photos generously supplied below by the young David Evans and old online pal Dave Tucker.
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ll know that this Sunday (June 12th 2016), the second Staffordshire Ironman Triathlon will be staged, with a 1.2 mile swim in Chasewater being amongst the highlights.
Continue reading →
Theres a lovely thing to visit locally this Sunday (12th June 2016), that’s close by, free and absolutely fascinating…
Just a quick note to point out that the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are holding their Annual General Meeting this Friday, 10th June 2016) in Brownhills, at the Parkview Centre (the old Council House on the Miner Island), and all are welcome to attend.
Continue reading →