Because you’re free to read this blog
- June 18th - Spotted in appallingly bad light way off near the... July 20, 2017
- June 19th - Last week I noted in passing that we were between... July 20, 2017
- July 18th - On the canal near the Black Cock Bridge, there’s... July 19, 2017
- July 18th - Today, the older cats of Scarborough Road and north... July 19, 2017
- July 17th - Later the same day, in Darlaston. A summer... July 18, 2017
- July 17th - Time for my annual botanically subversive mission:... July 18, 2017
- July 16th - The dying light intensified it’s drama as I headed... July 18, 2017
- July 16th - Slowly bumbling over to Chasewater to catch the... July 18, 2017
- July 16th - I seem to have it with a cold. I’ve been feeling a... July 18, 2017
- July 15th - Another joy of warm summer rides is the overspray... July 18, 2017
- July 15th - Out on a late afternoon ride on a warm but grey... July 18, 2017
- July 14th - I never lose sight of how lush and green a summer is... July 18, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Laptop and Xbox stolen in Brownhills burglary - please keep a lookout
- The Swan, Brownhills: Come say farewell, and welcome a new era
- Brick by brick
- Walsall Wood Remembrance Parade: Appeal still running!
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- The Swan pub to live again
- Have you seen this lost Macaw?
- Meet your local coppers this Friday in Brownhills
- Ninety years, a true Brownhills sportsman
- Demolition, man
- 4,477,350 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: Walsall community
I received notice of this great event from Walsall Police via the excellent WMNow service today, advertising a pop-up meet the police event this Friday, 21stnJuly 2017 at Tesco, Brownhills where you can meet your local policing team and get help, crime prevention and public safety advice.
Just a quick headsup to anyone offered a cheap Lenovo Laptop or X-Box locally: There’s every chance they’re stolen property, as these items were taken in a burglary from a flat in Brownhills High Street yesterday (Tuesday 18th July 2017).
Come catch some cracking football at Walsall Wood this evening!
Continue reading →
It’s been six short years since Jane and Geoff Taylor took over The Swan pub on Pelsall Road, Brownhills, transforming it from a pub long closed and thought of as lost to an absolutely banging community real ale pub.
Continue reading →
An urgent appeal has come in from local lady Kelly Allport, whose friend’s daughter, Katie Henworth has not been seen since yesterday000 (Friday, 15th July 2017) – West Midlands Police are involved, and I’m asking all readers to keep a look out and if they know where Katie is, to please ask her to contact her parents.
Friend of the blog and top local history author Clive Roberts has been in touch to let me know that there’s a Classic Car Show on at Walsall Arboretum this Sunday 16th July 2017.
Continue reading →
The folks from the Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills has been in touch to let me know that there’s live music on again at the popular Brownhills pub this evening (Saturday 15th July 2017), with popular rock act One For The Road live tonight from 9:00pm – and you’d be a fool to miss it!