Further to the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored bait on Clayhanger Common that I featured here at the weekend, I have just received this very worrying message from reader Wendy, who was walking her dog in Clayhanger this morning (Tuesday 2nd February 2016) and found something of great concern.
Reading your recent post about the poor dog which was poisoned on the common, today whilst out walking my dog I discovered some cooked sausages left on the ground. The where tucked away in the hedge by the entrance to the nature reserve by the Methodist Church on Clayhanger Lane.
It could be completely innocent but they where on a paper plate tucked in the hedge, I only noticed them by chance and immediately thought of your earlier posting. I couldn’t remove them immediately as having my own dog with me but I took her home then went and removed them just in case.
I contacted the vets where the poisoned dog was taken they advised me to call the police who advised me to call the rspca, none of which seemed interested but have logged my concern.
Could you please ask people to be very vigilant and report anything. If there is someone out there laying poison lets get them caught no animal wether dog, cat, fox or whatever should be made to suffer like the ladies poor dog.
I really can’t get into my head the kind of person who might be poisoning anything in this manner, let alone peoples pets, and I’m deeply shocked that neither the local police or the RSPCA seem interested.
Please, take care with your dog when out and about locally, and let’s hope any culprits can be caught – but they won’t be if the authorities can’t be bothered to investigate.
Take care folks. If you have any further info, please get in touch – BrownhillsBob at Googlemail dot com.