Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 28th - Inexorably sliding now from the flowering to the... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - And on my return, the weather was so lovely, I... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - A foul commute in steady rain and a headwind, with... July 27, 2016
- July 26th - The harvest started a few days before the weather... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - In Rushall, a couple of apple trees have fruit... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - A horrid, horrid ride home. I had to take a trip... July 26, 2016
- July 24th - Finally getting out on a ride late afternoon, I... July 24, 2016
- July 24th - I paid a flying visit to the Vintage Fair at... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Spotted on the canal near Tamhorn Park, between... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Pleased to see again that the walnut tree,... July 24, 2016
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Cockfest 2016 on this weekend!
- Local kids fight to raise disability awareness
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Funeral details for Roger Mosedale announced - and more of Roger's music emerges
- Lamping it!
- Reports bogus Dyson engineer scam operating locally again
- Stop Press: Oak Park and Bloxwich Leisure Centres Open 9th August
- Beware: blue-green algae found at Chasewater
- Cockfest starts today!
- In memoriam: Roger Mosedale
- 3,381,345 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @stevenwallbank1: Walsall Wood Ladies Under 13s Players Wanted, for 2016 / 17 season. scgfl.co.uk/players-wanted… 6 minutes ago
- RT @BhillsCommoner: @BrownhillsBob On the subject of dialect have you heard "gommerking" and "chombling" (soundex) w/o the "g" - they may b… 10 hours ago
- RT @PukkahPunjabi: Jeremy Corbyn killed Harambe and Eoin Clarke has the evidence to prove it but The Canary are covering it up because of A… 10 hours ago
- RT @sabcatprinting: Because kids from poor families don't have a shit enough time as it is... huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/lunch-is… 10 hours ago
- RT @sacredwench: Healthy moth population, five floors up. No idea of species id. but various bob owlers, small, medium & large drawn in by… 10 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Tag Archives: Local politics
I’d like to wish all the very best of luck to the hard working volunteers and community minded folk who’ve worked with Brownhills Town Centre Partnership on this year’s Brownhills in Bloom bird, which is judged this afternoon (Wednesday, 27th July 2016).
There’s been lots of talk here about the new Costa Coffee outlet due to open in Brownhills – and a couple of weeks ago I spotted a job advert for the new store – sadly, this was oversubscribed quickly and many were left disappointed.
Continue reading →
Some months ago it became evident that a franchise for Costa Coffee was planning on opening a branch in Brownhills – following mentions on Twitter by a design house and a subsequent planning application, which was approved last March, things went quiet.
Continue reading →
Once more, Diane Mansell from Brownhills Town Centre Partnership has been in touch, and asked me to ask if I’d put out a plea for gardeners,volunteer groups or anyone else who can help the Brownhills in Bloom team remove some problematic shrubs in town.
Once more, Diane Mansell from Brownhills Town Centre Partnership has been in touch, and asked me to point out that volunteers are needed for another planting event to prepare the remaining planters for the Brownhills Britain in Bloom entry this coming Monday 27th June 2016.
Just a shoutout here to the volunteers and community mind folk of Brownhills Town Centre Partnership who yesterday, despite some pretty horrid weather, went out planting flowers in the tubs and planters in town and once again did Brownhills proud.
The wonderful Diane Mansell from Brownhills Town Centre Partnership has been in touch, and asked me to see if anyone fancies helping out with the Brownhills Britain in Bloom competition entry from our town today (Monday 13th June 2016).