Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 25th - I’d been to Droitwich to see a customer and get... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - Something out of the ordinary picked up by the... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - Passing Jockey Meadows on the way home, the clean... October 25, 2016
- October 24th - All of a sudden, Autumn has exploded into vibrant... October 25, 2016
- October 23rd - The pigs of Packington Moor are always... October 24, 2016
- October 23rd - For the final light Sunday evening of 2016, I... October 24, 2016
- October 22nd - Seeing my old friend, who’s still ill but better... October 23, 2016
- October 22nd - I’d been to see an old mate who’s not been so... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - A free afternoon in Birmingham was fun, rooting... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - Riding to work along the canal in Walsall in the... October 23, 2016
- October 20th - Spotted from the canal towpath as I zipped past,... October 21, 2016
- October 20th - Heading home along the canal through Pleck,... October 21, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Fire incident at the former Terrace Restaurant, Brownhills
- An uncommon flight over Chasewater and Brownhills
- A wish for the Wishing Well?
- Motorcyclist dies in Brownhills accident
- Car smashes through garage in early morning Brownhills crash
- Walsall Wood Saints need your votes!
- Car Crash on the A5, Brownhills Sunday morning - 1 hurt
- Flat fire in Walsall Wood yesterday evening
- Charles Henry Ruddock: A local Victorian in the Great War
- Was the investigation into the Grove Pit Disaster a whitewash?
- 3,592,256 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Buster3640: Louwy has changed my ring tone on his phone so when I call or text him his phone makes a huge truck horn sound... 1 hour ago
- Posted without comment https://t.co/ejn7IBcPic 1 hour ago
- Tumblr, I love you proxy.topixcdn.com/ipicimg/TIAS0P… 2 hours ago
- RT @Quads_Of_War: Fatbikes, Chanterelles, Deadly Webcaps and big hills. Also Red Squirrels !!! Seals, Porpoises and picnics on the beach. h… 2 hours ago
- RT @JudgeDewie: And twitter is almost never going to be the forum to change a stranger’s mind about a serious social/political issue. 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Common
I’ve had an interesting question in from Taffy of Tamworth, who’s an angler who enjoys fishing Marklews Pond, off Engine Lane in Brownhills – but he’s recently noticed something.
I note from the twitter feed or the local fire service that there were two separate outbreaks of grass fire on Brownhills Common just off Chester Raod late yesterday afternoon (Sunday 8th May 2016).
A timely warning to residents of Clayhanger and further afield that the reported incidents of poisoned bait being left around the village seem to be ongoing still – after the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored meat on Clayhanger Common and the subsequent discovery of possibly poisoned bait a little while later, comes this awful tale from Facebook user Shannon Vanessa Binding.
An appeal reaches me via Facebook from Pool House Veterinary Hospital via Kathryn Reynolds – a lurcher dog was found in Brownhills yesterday (Saturday, 13th February 2016) and it would be nice if we could reunite him with his owners.
Further to the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored bait on Clayhanger Common that I featured here at the weekend, I have just received this very worrying message from reader Wendy, who was walking her dog in Clayhanger this morning (Tuesday 2nd February 2016) and found something of great concern.
I’ve been contacted by a number of people who’ve pointed out the following, very worrying story from Clayhanger – a local lady walking her dog on Clayhanger Common believes her beloved pet ate poisoned meat whilst being walked there and is warning other dog lovers to beware. Continue reading →
Today, I’ve received a worrying report of another indecent exposure incident in Brownhills, which follows on from the one a couple of weeks ago that occurred out at Highbridges – I’m told this incident occurred on or near the Parade in Brownhills.