Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 28th - Inexorably sliding now from the flowering to the... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - And on my return, the weather was so lovely, I... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - A foul commute in steady rain and a headwind, with... July 27, 2016
- July 26th - The harvest started a few days before the weather... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - In Rushall, a couple of apple trees have fruit... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - A horrid, horrid ride home. I had to take a trip... July 26, 2016
- July 24th - Finally getting out on a ride late afternoon, I... July 24, 2016
- July 24th - I paid a flying visit to the Vintage Fair at... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Spotted on the canal near Tamhorn Park, between... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Pleased to see again that the walnut tree,... July 24, 2016
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Cockfest 2016 on this weekend!
- Funeral details for Roger Mosedale announced - and more of Roger's music emerges
- Reports bogus Dyson engineer scam operating locally again
- Local kids fight to raise disability awareness
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Beware: blue-green algae found at Chasewater
- In memoriam: Roger Mosedale
- Stop Press: Oak Park and Bloxwich Leisure Centres Open 9th August
- Lamping it!
- Race of the Year, 1977
- 3,381,059 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @abeblakeway: Dodging the traffic in Brum. https://t.co/bQ26CQsCKp 1 hour ago
- RT @davegentle: @RevRichardColes did you know the word is not heli-copter but helico-pter (helico=spiral pter=wing (as in in pterodactyl))… 1 hour ago
- RT @moominbadger: Lovely bit of herringbone! https://t.co/DXEUKvxvTI 1 hour ago
- RT @abeblakeway: Bubble in West Brom. 2009. https://t.co/6VL2BcBljC 1 hour ago
- RT @suey2y: Coulson. Almost broke MSM (may yet have) went to prison from heart of No10. Commenting on Brexit on C4 News as though nothing… 2 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Tag Archives: Common
I’ve had an interesting question in from Taffy of Tamworth, who’s an angler who enjoys fishing Marklews Pond, off Engine Lane in Brownhills – but he’s recently noticed something.
I note from the twitter feed or the local fire service that there were two separate outbreaks of grass fire on Brownhills Common just off Chester Raod late yesterday afternoon (Sunday 8th May 2016).
A timely warning to residents of Clayhanger and further afield that the reported incidents of poisoned bait being left around the village seem to be ongoing still – after the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored meat on Clayhanger Common and the subsequent discovery of possibly poisoned bait a little while later, comes this awful tale from Facebook user Shannon Vanessa Binding.
An appeal reaches me via Facebook from Pool House Veterinary Hospital via Kathryn Reynolds – a lurcher dog was found in Brownhills yesterday (Saturday, 13th February 2016) and it would be nice if we could reunite him with his owners.
Further to the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored bait on Clayhanger Common that I featured here at the weekend, I have just received this very worrying message from reader Wendy, who was walking her dog in Clayhanger this morning (Tuesday 2nd February 2016) and found something of great concern.
I’ve been contacted by a number of people who’ve pointed out the following, very worrying story from Clayhanger – a local lady walking her dog on Clayhanger Common believes her beloved pet ate poisoned meat whilst being walked there and is warning other dog lovers to beware. Continue reading →
Today, I’ve received a worrying report of another indecent exposure incident in Brownhills, which follows on from the one a couple of weeks ago that occurred out at Highbridges – I’m told this incident occurred on or near the Parade in Brownhills.