Because you’re free to read this blog
- September 29th - The brightness increased at Tipton in the early... September 29, 2016
- September 29th - A long morning involving a trip to Telford with... September 29, 2016
- September 28th - I’m seeing lots of these berries in patches of... September 28, 2016
- September 28th - Although not as dramatic, the following sunrise... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - It was clear when I left work that there was... September 28, 2016
- September 27th - I was lucky to spot this Japanese parasol... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - There’s still a bountiful crop of elderberries... September 28, 2016
- September 26th - On my way home in the road in the backstreets... September 28, 2016
- September 25th - I spotted this handsome cat loafing in a field... September 25, 2016
- September 25th - A windy, wolfish day with lots of sun and a few... September 25, 2016
- dry-valleys: At Sutton Common, a Cold War communication tower,... September 25, 2016
- September 24th - Near Anchor Bridge on the canal at Brownhills,... September 25, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Deer water chase at Chasewater...
- A lost line
- Shire Oak Quarry expansion consultation event - this Friday
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - September 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- Fired up
- February 1995 - ￼Brownhills Loo-sing Out Again
- Green grew the rushes
- The class of 62
- An unusually clear view
- Your chance to catch a local legend - this Wednesday afternoon!
- 3,525,482 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- When the fuck did the UK suddenly have faith in all these fucking clowns? 35 minutes ago
- I mean, she's clearly no stranger to the biscuit tin, but it's wrong to judge. 36 minutes ago
- Kirsty, now blessed with impression she's s social commentator rather than C list TV presenter can shove her dietary chiding up her klunge 37 minutes ago
- While we're on subject of lectures by bellicose, hectoring hypocrites.l: Crusty Allslop. Now at Hopkins stage of believing she's relevant 39 minutes ago
- RT @moronwatch: Anti-semitism (and other racism) on the left is surging. But still they deny ow.ly/i8O6304G3MS 43 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Common
I’ve had an interesting question in from Taffy of Tamworth, who’s an angler who enjoys fishing Marklews Pond, off Engine Lane in Brownhills – but he’s recently noticed something.
I note from the twitter feed or the local fire service that there were two separate outbreaks of grass fire on Brownhills Common just off Chester Raod late yesterday afternoon (Sunday 8th May 2016).
A timely warning to residents of Clayhanger and further afield that the reported incidents of poisoned bait being left around the village seem to be ongoing still – after the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored meat on Clayhanger Common and the subsequent discovery of possibly poisoned bait a little while later, comes this awful tale from Facebook user Shannon Vanessa Binding.
An appeal reaches me via Facebook from Pool House Veterinary Hospital via Kathryn Reynolds – a lurcher dog was found in Brownhills yesterday (Saturday, 13th February 2016) and it would be nice if we could reunite him with his owners.
Further to the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored bait on Clayhanger Common that I featured here at the weekend, I have just received this very worrying message from reader Wendy, who was walking her dog in Clayhanger this morning (Tuesday 2nd February 2016) and found something of great concern.
I’ve been contacted by a number of people who’ve pointed out the following, very worrying story from Clayhanger – a local lady walking her dog on Clayhanger Common believes her beloved pet ate poisoned meat whilst being walked there and is warning other dog lovers to beware. Continue reading →
Today, I’ve received a worrying report of another indecent exposure incident in Brownhills, which follows on from the one a couple of weeks ago that occurred out at Highbridges – I’m told this incident occurred on or near the Parade in Brownhills.