Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 28th - Another striking return is of the leaves to the row... April 28, 2016
- April 28th - A beautiful morning but yet again, very cold. It’s... April 28, 2016
- April 27th - I keep noticing this Giant bike at Telford; I don’t... April 27, 2016
- April 27th - When I left home just after dawn there was a heavy... April 27, 2016
- April 26th - Poor long-range photos, but these are for... April 26, 2016
- April 26th - It’s nice to see Scarborough Road in the Walsall... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - Despite the very poor weather, on Clayhanger... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - Awful commuting weather. On the way to work in the... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - A 45 miler over to Walton on Trent and back through... April 25, 2016
- April 24th - At Chasewater, life halts briefly while the four... April 25, 2016
- April 23rd - I popped out late afternoon - it was very cold with... April 25, 2016
- April 22nd - An electrical mystery I really have no clue about.... April 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Chasewater Spring Fair this Saturday!
- Police appeal: please help find Ruth Anne Smith
- Can you help record the history of Harpers Buses?
- Aldridge Manor Youth Club restarts in a new home this coming Tuesday!
- Walsall Wood draw in Stourport Swifts stalemate
- Binned off
- Plea to find family of man who passed away in Walsall sheltered accommodation
- All that remains of the last one standing
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - April 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- The King of Norton Canes
- 3,165,434 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @sionsimon: 3rd and final #labourdoorstep session of the day over in Aldridge & Brownhills. Elections almost upon us. https://t.co/I8xHE… 4 hours ago
- RT @FiveSpiresLive: #Lichfield DC ditch public health issues as Virgin Active bid for local Leisure Centres. #Burntwood #Staffordshire http… 8 hours ago
- RT @Tringonometry: In the middle of Buttermere village. It says "GRIT-SALT", not "DOG SHIT". Why are some dog owners such buffoons? https:… 8 hours ago
- RT @PicPedant: As always, @historyinpix auto-scraped the erroneous "1914 tree bike" caption from Reddit. redd.it/19wc14 8 hours ago
- RT @ConductorSam: Please do not flush the toilet in the station. Unless it's Coventry. 9 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 2, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 9, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 16, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Category Archives: planning
Following the sad closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club, local activist Paul Sharpe has been beavering away to try and continue the club in some form in a new venue – I posted his appeal for help here a couple of months ago.
Continue reading →
As speculated in this post earlier this year, a franchise for Costa Coffee has applied for planning permission enabling conversion of the former Blockbuster store at 51, High Street, Brownhills into a Costa branch – the property has been empty since the video rental chain crashed in 2013.
Continue reading →
As a result of the imminent closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club and sale of the Manor House by Walsall Council, local activist Paul Sharpe has got his thinking cap on, and is appealing for help from anyone who might be able to help him set up an alternative club.
As Councillor Steve Wade is helpfully reporting, if you’re concerned about the issues surrounding traveller encampment and other ASB at Northfields Way in Clayhanger, there’s a consultation drop-in session tonight (Monday, 7th March 2016) open to all at Clayhanger Methodist Church, Clayhanger Lane, from 5:30-7:30pm.
A reminder for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park that there’s a meeting of the newly-formed Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at Clayhanger Community Centre, in Church Street, Clayhanger, this evening (Tuesday 2nd March 2016) from 7:30pm.
As top local activist blog Madwblog and Councillor Steve Wade are helpfully reporting, please don’t forget that if you’re concerned about the issues surrounding traveller encampment and other ASB at Northfields Way in CLayhanger, there’s a consultation drop-in session tonight (Monday, 29th February 2016) open to all at the community centre in the village.
I’ve been aware of rumours of the well-known coffee chain Costa opening a branch in Brownhills for a few weeks, but up to now have been unable to nail them down – but thanks to a couple of tweets by an architectural agency I spotted yesterday, it seems like the froth-mongers are indeed looking to establish in the town.