Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 23rd - The pigs of Packington Moor are always... October 24, 2016
- October 23rd - For the final light Sunday evening of 2016, I... October 24, 2016
- October 22nd - Seeing my old friend, who’s still ill but better... October 23, 2016
- October 22nd - I’d been to see an old mate who’s not been so... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - A free afternoon in Birmingham was fun, rooting... October 23, 2016
- October 21st - Riding to work along the canal in Walsall in the... October 23, 2016
- October 20th - Spotted from the canal towpath as I zipped past,... October 21, 2016
- October 20th - Heading home along the canal through Pleck,... October 21, 2016
- October 19th - Although I use the bike cam constantly, I stopped... October 20, 2016
- October 19th - Ostensibly asleep, but wide awake and studiously... October 20, 2016
- October 19th - Darlaston is at it’s best in autumn, and with the... October 20, 2016
- October 18th - Another lovely golden hour, this time as I came... October 19, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- An uncommon flight over Chasewater and Brownhills
- A wish for the Wishing Well?
- Car smashes through garage in early morning Brownhills crash
- Walsall Wood Saints need your votes!
- Charles Henry Ruddock: A local Victorian in the Great War
- Huge progress being made on local canal restoration
- Taking a Walker
- Woodmen in Westfields wipeout
- Fly by night
- 3,581,014 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @TheRegister: FYI: macOS and iOS users – update, update, update support.apple.com/en-us/HT201222 3 minutes ago
- I would imagine Pete Burns would be a challenging cremation 6 minutes ago
- RT @sturdyAlex: I'LL HAVE MY GAY CAKE AND EAT IT. #gaycake Stuff your hypotheticals. The discrimination I experience is real. https://t… 10 minutes ago
- RT @johnnygoodeb: BHS in Swansea (with thanks to Sarah Coles). https://t.co/zxLxOl0HKc 13 minutes ago
- RT @Clueduponfood: The Cricketers in Leamington Spa is an ace little pub, a real pub 16 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Category Archives: planning
Tom Reid from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust has been in touch to let us know about the progress they’re making in opening up the former canal towpath as a walking route between Barracks Lane and Summerhill, aided by corporate volunteers.
A reminder for people concerned with the issues surrounding Clayhanger Park that there’s a meeting of the Friends Of Clayhanger Park group at the Clean and Green Depot, Pelsall Road, Brownhills tonight, Monday 17th October 2016 from 7:00pm
You may recall a couple of years ago that the operator of the former Shire Oak Quarry site, JPE, was mooting the proposal to extend the site they’re currently landfilling at Shire Oak, to extract virgin material pusihing back restoration of the site for some years.
This Sunday 26th September 2016, there’s a charity dog walk being held by Oscars Pet Foods of Lichfield and the Lichfield & Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust, taking place along the Lichfield Canal Heritage Towpath Trail near Borrowcop on the A51.
I’d like to say a big thank you on behalf of Brownhills if I may, to those people who worked so very hard on the Brownhills in Bloom competition entry this year: to all those who helped, planted and laboured, and to human dynamo Diane Mansell from Walsall Council, praise is due, for Brownhills and Aldridge both won gold awards.
It’s time, I’m very much afraid, to issue another warning – it seems local burglars are at is again – In the last few weeks there have been a number of break-ins to sheds and outbuildings in the Brownhills, Walsall Wood, Pelsall and High Heath areas in particular.
Continue reading →
Top contributor, commentor and all round good egg the young David Evans has been busy over the last few weeks organising a treat for local history buffs in Brownhills and the wider community – he’s been asked to do a couple of talks on the history of Walsall Wood.