Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
- August 22nd - I note a fair crop of acorns this year, and like... August 23, 2016
- August 22nd - I had to pop to Telford mid day, and leaving the... August 23, 2016
- August 21st - Had no idea this was a genuine issue at Middleton... August 22, 2016
- August 21st - Having had sugar, I felt much better and headed... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - Something else I was pleased to note on my long,... August 22, 2016
- August 20th - A very tired day in which I felt groggy, tired and... August 22, 2016
- August 19th - The rains of the day had brought out the... August 20, 2016
- August 19th - Another late night return, this time after 11pm,... August 20, 2016
- August 18th - An exhausted return from work very, very late.... August 19, 2016
- August 17th - Another sunset return after an early start and... August 18, 2016
- August 17th - Too many cats I hear you cry - sorry, but I adore... August 17, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Festival of Water comes to Pelsall - all this weekend!
- Shock closure of Shire Oak pub
- Badger cull at Oak Park
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - August 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- Christmas, 1957 - but who's that girl?
- Details of Shire Oak Pub refurbishment now available
- Local quiz 1
- Culvert investigations
- 3,444,431 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: history
The post here last Sunday discussing the Newtown area of Brownhills certainly created some interest and raised a few more memories and discussions – and one particular aspect caught the eye of reader and long term friend of the blog Tony Winn.
I have here an excellent enquiry for a Sunday afternoon which I feel many readers will be very, very interested in – not least Andy Dennis, if he’s passing, but maybe others concerned with the Newtown area on the Watling Street, which has been the subject of so many past articles here on the blog.