Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 3rd - Some advertising wonk was paid to come up with this... May 3, 2016
- May 3rd - The swans who’ve nested on the Walsall Canal at... May 3, 2016
- May 2nd - After what seems like weeks of grey, cold weather it... May 3, 2016
- May 2nd - What a difference an hour made.It had been a miserable... May 3, 2016
- May 1st - Born to be wild, still running free, the Newtown... May 2, 2016
- May 1st - A blustery and occasionally wet ride over to Walton on... May 2, 2016
- April 20th - As the weather had cleared, I stopped to snap a... May 2, 2016
- April 30th - So, there I’d done gone and promised to bring ny... May 2, 2016
- April 29th - A long day, which broke very, very bad news. A... April 30, 2016
- April 28th - Another striking return is of the leaves to the row... April 28, 2016
- April 28th - A beautiful morning but yet again, very cold. It’s... April 28, 2016
- April 27th - I keep noticing this Giant bike at Telford; I don’t... April 27, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent: Brownhills dementia sufferer missing from home
- May Day at dawn
- There was something on the goods shed
- Old Holland
- It's about Brownhills
- Police appeal: please help find Ruth Anne Smith
- Standing up for a quiet man
- Do you remember Anchor Garage?
- Woodmen shoot a failing Star
- Urgent: Walsall pensioner missing from home
- 3,178,938 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- It's about Brownhills brownhillsbob.com/2016/05/04/its… via @brownhillsbob 45 minutes ago
- RT @WalsallCouncil: Hi @BrownhillsBob to find out about elections in your area on 5 May type in your postcode at aboutmyvote.co.uk #y… 47 minutes ago
- Anyone seen a leaflet covering Walsall's October bin changes in the wild? Shout up if you have - thanks 56 minutes ago
- .@walsallcouncil A reader has asked me where their local polling station is as they've lost their polling card. Any way they can find out? 4 hours ago
- RT @SLATUKIP: @_themushroom Loads of places. Start here ... fullfact.org/europe/does-tt… 6 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 9, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 16, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 23, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: appeal
Hi folks – this one is very urgent – please look out and retweet and share as much as possible – Walsall Police are very concerned for the whereabouts of pensioner Victor Whitehouse from Brownhills who suffers from dementia.
Continue reading →
This is a very important appeal from West Midlands Police in Walsall, who are currently very concerned for the welfare of Aldridge resident Ruth Anne Smith, who has been missing since Friday, 15th April 2016.
Continue reading →
A short while ago it was my sad duty to report the passing of Mr. Anthony ‘Tony’ Hackett, a well loved and respected Brownhills gentleman who spent may years as a local school Caretaker and scout leader – the many touching tributes and kind words about Tony from his friends and former school pupils were lovely and a comfort to his Granddaughter Tara and family
Earlier this week I posted a request for memories of Mr. Anthony ‘Tony’ Hackett, who was unwell; his Granddaughter Tara was keen to gather reminiscences of Tony, particularly in his occupation as local school caretaker, to help him remember good times.
I have a very unusual enquiry here from friend of the blog Tara Hackett relating to her Grandfather, Tony Hackett – he was a popular local school caretaker for years, and is a bit under the weather at the moment, and Tara thinks it would be great if anyone has any memories relating to Tony they can share.
You’ll all know that this blog is all about community and the things that bring us all together – and I’m happy to share this appeal from Clayhanger Community Centre who need some help to fix their roof.
There was a great letter last week in the Walsall Advertiser from friend of the blog and Clayhanger Kid himself, Brian Stringer, who’s a noted local author and community activist – Brian is concerned, like most of the people in Brownhills – with he fate of the former South Staffordshire Railway Line through Brownhills.