Because you’re free to read this blog
- June 23rd - I had to nip to the Holford industrial estate in... June 24, 2017
- June 23rd - Always nice to see the bindweed in flower. Another... June 24, 2017
- June 22nd - Two poor pictures, but ones I just had to share, as... June 23, 2017
- June 22nd - More cats, sorry, but I just loved these pair, again... June 23, 2017
- June 21st - Another high summer day, the longest as it happens,... June 22, 2017
- June 20th - This old chap is someone I’m very pleased to see,... June 21, 2017
- June 20th - A day of errands in the Black Country and plenty of... June 21, 2017
- June 19th - Returning from work I noted the Catshill Canada... June 21, 2017
- June 19th - I met this skinny, lithe young cat in north Walsall,... June 21, 2017
- June 18th - Another fine, high summer day and this time I headed... June 21, 2017
- June 17th - From Amerton, I went for a long afternoon and... June 21, 2017
- June 17th - A ride out to Amerton Farm, the craft centre just... June 21, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- High above the boats below...
- Meet your local coppers this Saturday in Pelsall
- Walsall Wood Remembrance Parade: An important appeal
- Tragedy at local lake as boy drowns
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Clayhanger Summer Litter Pick this Sunday afternoon!
- Incidents last night in Brownhills...
- Wood work
- 4,366,636 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Brownhills local history
Just a quick headsup to those interested in Walsall Wood history and who are free on the Wednesday afternoon of 28th June 2017 – there’s a talk featuring the Brownhills Blog’s favourite Wood Mon™ and top contributor, the young David Evans.
Just a quick note to point out that the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are holding their Annual General Meeting next Friday nevening (Friday, 9th June 2017) in Brownhills, at the Parkview Centre (the old Council House on the Miner Island), and all are welcome to attend.
An intriguing enquiry reaches me from local historian and blog dynamo the young David Evans, who’s after a rather specific bit of history relating to a lost courtyard of dwellings in Brownhills High Street Called ‘The Metz’.
Just a quick headsup for the local history and transport enthusiasts out there who may be interested in the story of the iconic Harper Brothers bus company, whose green buses were a common sight around these parts up until the mid 1970s.
I know it’s late on but there’s a great even going on in Whittington this afternoon (Saturday, 15th April 2017) in aid of the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust ‘Tunnel Vision’ appeal – Eric and Doreen’s All Day Easter Coffee Morning.
This is late news just in, but those readers who enjoy choral music can catch a great performance this very afternoon (Wednesday 12th April 2017) at Silver Street Methodist Church in Brownhills.
Tom Reid from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust has been in touch to let us know about their annual Spring show, taking place at Whittington Village Hall on Friday, April 7th 2017.