Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 27th - And on my return, the weather was so lovely, I... July 28, 2016
- July 27th - A foul commute in steady rain and a headwind, with... July 27, 2016
- July 26th - The harvest started a few days before the weather... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - In Rushall, a couple of apple trees have fruit... July 26, 2016
- July 25th - A horrid, horrid ride home. I had to take a trip... July 26, 2016
- July 24th - Finally getting out on a ride late afternoon, I... July 24, 2016
- July 24th - I paid a flying visit to the Vintage Fair at... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Spotted on the canal near Tamhorn Park, between... July 24, 2016
- July 23rd - Pleased to see again that the walnut tree,... July 24, 2016
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
- July 21st - It’s been a great week of commuting so far. Sunny... July 21, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Beware: blue-green algae found at Chasewater
- Reports bogus Dyson engineer scam operating locally again
- Good luck to the Brownhills in Bloom team!
- Shop local...
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - July 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- In memoriam: Roger Mosedale
- We're going down to Cockfest...
- Get set for Cockfest 2016!
- Stop Press: Oak Park and Bloxwich Leisure Centres Open 9th August
- 3,377,302 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Naz_Faulkner: @BrownhillsBob Just because they seem to be masochistic doesn't mean you have to be. 7 hours ago
- The thing is you wonder if you pitched it wrong, or were not emphatic enough, or simply if you're just plain wrong. Horrid day, 7 hours ago
- I might as well have just whipped my tool out on the table and repeatedly hit it with a mallett 7 hours ago
- So now we're pretty much compelled to watch them sail towards disaster. 7 hours ago
- Despite explaining that unless they went for a decent solution they were fucked, they went for the worst solution possible 7 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Tag Archives: Police
People are being warned to be on their guard after a couple of distraction theft incidents in the Walsall Wood area over the last few days – the first in Walsall Wood High Street on Saturday 16th July 2016 and the second in Vigo Road yesterday, Monday 18th July 2016.
A reader living in the Shire Oak area has been in touch with me asking to share with readers that they had their car stolen on Monday night (4th June 2016) – the car was taken from a locked garage which was broken into.
Continue reading →
Following yesterday’s warning from local police to be vigilant regarding a couple of suspected attempted child abduction incidents in Little Bloxwich, Walsall Police yesterday made two arrests and issued the following statement on Facebook (Wednesday 15th June 2016):
Walsall Police have issued a warning to local parents after two reported incidents of children being approached by a pair of men in a white Transit van in the little Bloxwich area.
An appeal reaches me from Stevie Ansell who runs the riding stables on Pelsall Road; after a fairly quiet few months, it seems the vandals are back and after a spate of incidents last week, she has the following appeal to make:
This is wonderful news for those concerned for the welfare of Aldridge resident Ruth Anne Smith, who went missing on Friday, 15th April 2016 – West Midlands Police this morning (Friday, 20th May 2016) announced that Ruth is safe and well, and has been located in Blackpool.
I notice a sad report from the Walsall Advertiser yesterday that a children’s slide was stolen from a Walsall Wood garden last Tuesday, May 17th 2016, between 11:30am and 7pm – this wasn’t a small object and must have taken some effort to nick, especially in broad daylight.