Because you’re free to read this blog
- August 28th - Staunton Harold is a beautiful reservoir, created... August 29, 2016
- August 29th - Another day, another reservoir, this time Staunton... August 29, 2016
- August 27th - As I travelled home along the canal, I listened to... August 29, 2016
- August 27th - The rain held off while I visited the Festival of... August 29, 2016
- August 26th - it’s been 7 years since I last rode this way. A... August 29, 2016
- August 26th - An afternoon off, so a long ride into Derbyshire... August 29, 2016
- August 25th - North Street, The Butts in steady rain. Late... August 26, 2016
- August 25th - Passing through Pleck, I noted the ‘legal name... August 26, 2016
- August 24th - Another spell of working very, very late. On my... August 26, 2016
- August 23rd - Like an idiot, I left home without my camera... August 24, 2016
- August 22nd - I note a fair crop of acorns this year, and like... August 23, 2016
- August 22nd - I had to pop to Telford mid day, and leaving the... August 23, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Pictures from the Pelsall Festival of Water 2016
- Temperance, even!
- A pictorial record
- Urgent - wallet/cardholder lost in Brownhills
- Have you lost a calico cat in the Aldridge area?
- Festival of Water comes to Pelsall - all this weekend!
- Beware: blue-green algae again found at Chasewater
- Woodmen lose their mojo to Coleshill
- Diamonds and dust
- Oak Park Active Living Centre opens this week - find out more here
- 3,453,789 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @Kelsier_WM: Here at Sporting Khalsa. Come on Walsall Wood! https://t.co/L8hDBr41vB 3 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Taking the air: brownhillsbob.tumblr.com/post/149647921… 4 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Spirit of the water: ift.tt/2bwp1RX 4 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Further east: ift.tt/2bxPOZK 4 hours ago
- #365daysofbiking Feeling a bit chippy: ift.tt/2c3uixz 4 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
Tag Archives: Police
It’s time, I’m very much afraid, to issue another warning – it seems local burglars are at is again – In the last few weeks there have been a number of break-ins to sheds and outbuildings in the Brownhills, Walsall Wood, Pelsall and High Heath areas in particular.
Continue reading →
There’s been an attempted house burglary at Shire Oak in the last ten days – Debbie Etches from the Shire Oak group on Facebook has posted the following message from West Midlands Police Partnerships Officer Kevin Pitt on Monday, 1st August 2016:
People are being warned to be on their guard after a couple of distraction theft incidents in the Walsall Wood area over the last few days – the first in Walsall Wood High Street on Saturday 16th July 2016 and the second in Vigo Road yesterday, Monday 18th July 2016.
A reader living in the Shire Oak area has been in touch with me asking to share with readers that they had their car stolen on Monday night (4th June 2016) – the car was taken from a locked garage which was broken into.
Continue reading →
Following yesterday’s warning from local police to be vigilant regarding a couple of suspected attempted child abduction incidents in Little Bloxwich, Walsall Police yesterday made two arrests and issued the following statement on Facebook (Wednesday 15th June 2016):
Walsall Police have issued a warning to local parents after two reported incidents of children being approached by a pair of men in a white Transit van in the little Bloxwich area.
An appeal reaches me from Stevie Ansell who runs the riding stables on Pelsall Road; after a fairly quiet few months, it seems the vandals are back and after a spate of incidents last week, she has the following appeal to make: