Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 29th - A long day, which broke very, very bad news. A... April 30, 2016
- April 28th - Another striking return is of the leaves to the row... April 28, 2016
- April 28th - A beautiful morning but yet again, very cold. It’s... April 28, 2016
- April 27th - I keep noticing this Giant bike at Telford; I don’t... April 27, 2016
- April 27th - When I left home just after dawn there was a heavy... April 27, 2016
- April 26th - Poor long-range photos, but these are for... April 26, 2016
- April 26th - It’s nice to see Scarborough Road in the Walsall... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - Despite the very poor weather, on Clayhanger... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - Awful commuting weather. On the way to work in the... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - A 45 miler over to Walton on Trent and back through... April 25, 2016
- April 24th - At Chasewater, life halts briefly while the four... April 25, 2016
- April 23rd - I popped out late afternoon - it was very cold with... April 25, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Up around the bend
- Aldridge Manor Youth Club restarts in a new home this coming Tuesday!
- August 1993 - It's question time?
- Chasewater Spring Fair this Saturday!
- Can you help record the history of Harpers Buses?
- Police appeal: please help find Ruth Anne Smith
- Great live music at The Chase Inn this evening!
- It's the rail thing
- The Pubs We've Lost
- Keeping track
- 3,167,395 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @FOE95: Heron off to fish for tasty meal Birchills canal Walsall https://t.co/FA2JBnAHCv 8 hours ago
- RT @ShippersUnbound: Tory whip has also been asking Eurosceptics whether moving Osborne to foreign sex would help calm civil war. 8 hours ago
- RT @BirminghamPress: Electronic music festival comes to Birmingham thebirminghampress.com/2016/04/electr… https://t.co/t3c0K7v9D5 8 hours ago
- RT @WestMidsFire: Building Fire on Primrose Avenue, Bushbury. Crews from @FallingsPark & @Wton_fire are in attendance. 8 hours ago
- RT @imajsaclaimant: Blacklisted workers win compensation from big construction firms ranging from £25k to £200k bit.ly/24rQZQF htt… 9 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- All the Days and Nights
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 2, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 9, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 16, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Category Archives: Just plain daft
Following the sad closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club, local activist Paul Sharpe has been beavering away to try and continue the club in some form in a new venue – I posted his appeal for help here a couple of months ago.
Continue reading →
Sandfields Pumping Station champion and public historian extraordinaire Dave Moore has been in touch to let me know that this Thursday evening (28th April 2016) there will be a public progress meeting for the Lichfield Waterworks Trust charity, formerly the Friends of Sandfields Pumping Station group.
Continue reading →
Like most of the households in the borough, we’ve received a leaflet from Walsall Council recently in place of the normal bin collection calendar/schedule we normally receive at this time of year – the leaflet says a new calendar won’t be issued until ‘Late summer, 2016’ – I wonder why that might be?
Continue reading →
Last Thursday evening (21st April 2016), Walsall Wood entertained Heanor at Oak Park – and the Woodmen returned to form with a respectable win.
I see that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is organising a great Sunday afternoon historical walk along the line of the old town boundary ditch, with her informal and fun Lichfield local history group, Lichfield Discovered.
Just a heads up to all the bin botherers that there is the first brown (garden waste) bin collection of 2016 in Area 9 tomorrow (Friday, 8th February 2016) – that’s Brownhills, Pelsall, Shire Oak and Clayhanger – so get your bins out for the lads tonight.
I see that there Kate Cardigan from the wonderful Lichfield Lore is has an informal local history meeting on this evening with her irreverent and fun Lichfield history group, Lichfield Discovered.