Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 25th - Another thing that’s abundant right now is the May or... May 26, 2016
- May 25th - As we advance to late spring and early summer, some... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - On the cycleway between Walsall and Pelsall, the former... May 25, 2016
- May 24 - I ‘m convinced that whatever gave rise to moorhens and... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - At Catshill Junction on the way back, a small, domestic... May 25, 2016
- May 23 - I get a bit tired sometimes of defending Brownhills,... May 25, 2016
- May 22nd - Also growing well, and still at the original 9, the... May 23, 2016
- May 22nd - Another good riding day, but I was a bit tired, and... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - On my way back via Chasewater, I spotted the huge... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - Up on Cannock Chase, I went looking for a fire tower... May 23, 2016
- May 20th - Last week, at the floating market, I moaned to my old... May 21, 2016
- May 20th - I’d had enough. The week had been tough and I needed... May 21, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Resurfacing of A5 Watling Street - warning of road closures
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- Anyone lost a cat in Shire Oak?
- Please help Brownhills bloom this summer!
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust - May 2016 public meeting this Thursday
- Brownhills in black and white
- Get with the programme: Shire Oak School opening day 1967
- New Hall Mill open next Bank Holiday Monday!
- Up and under
- Towering achievements
- 3,228,428 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @adrianshort: I'm terribly excited about the kinds of trade deals we'll be able to do with Canada and New Zealand. #euref 3 minutes ago
- RT @happybirthtime: Happy Birthtime to thunder expert STEVIE NICKS! 24 today! Happy Birthtime Stinky! East of Seventeen! https://t.co/zftCy… 4 minutes ago
- RT @mwl462: Hysteria over today's immigration figures is totally absurd. 4 minutes ago
- RT @DaveThroupEA: We’re now in the pre-election period. I'll only be tweeting if we have vital information to share. See you on the other s… 6 minutes ago
- RT @pointlesslettrs: 📷 TFW you start off writing a pointless letter about whistles but halfway through the last paragraph... https://t.co/9… 8 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 30, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 6, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 13, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Wildlife
I note from the twitter feed or the local fire service that there were two separate outbreaks of grass fire on Brownhills Common just off Chester Raod late yesterday afternoon (Sunday 8th May 2016).
An interesting history walk is taking place this Saturday, 7th May at Chasewater, entitled ‘Where does the water go?’ which takes a look at how the dam infrastructure functions, and some of the industrial history of Anglesey Basin and surrounds.
Continue reading →
A timely warning to residents of Clayhanger and further afield that the reported incidents of poisoned bait being left around the village seem to be ongoing still – after the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored meat on Clayhanger Common and the subsequent discovery of possibly poisoned bait a little while later, comes this awful tale from Facebook user Shannon Vanessa Binding.
Further to the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored bait on Clayhanger Common that I featured here at the weekend, I have just received this very worrying message from reader Wendy, who was walking her dog in Clayhanger this morning (Tuesday 2nd February 2016) and found something of great concern.
I’ve been contacted by a number of people who’ve pointed out the following, very worrying story from Clayhanger – a local lady walking her dog on Clayhanger Common believes her beloved pet ate poisoned meat whilst being walked there and is warning other dog lovers to beware. Continue reading →
It seems that the management at Chasewater are really getting their shizzle together at last – now not only do we have the excellent Rangers Rant Newsletters I feature here, but now we also have a published list of events for 2016 at the park.
Continue reading →
I’m sad to report that Christine Howles has been in touch with me on behalf of the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust, and has asked me to share some sombre news with readers.
Continue reading →