Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 25th - Although still very cold for the time of year,... April 25, 2017
- April 25th - Well, that was a shock. A light dusting of snow... April 25, 2017
- April 24th - And not far away, just drifting on the canal... April 24, 2017
- April 24th - A very cold day once more with periodic rain and... April 24, 2017
- April 23rd - On the canal at Hopwas, a swan nest. The male was... April 24, 2017
- April 23rd - In the sun, it was warm, but otherwise another... April 24, 2017
- April 22nd - The late Lichfeldian touring cyclist and... April 24, 2017
- April 22nd - I headed out for an afternoon ride, still... April 24, 2017
- April 21st - I was still doing short test runs come sundown,... April 24, 2017
- April 21st - Spent some downtime doing mechanical things on the... April 24, 2017
- April 20th - Further on, Clayhanger Common is greening over a... April 21, 2017
- April 20th - A better day, recovered now. Returning home on the... April 21, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Open Mike
- Going A5 Live!
- Thank you Bill Shaw
- Fifty years and still going strong - celebrate with Silver Street Church!
- The Portman Collection - part six: Staff and older pupils, plus a surprise football team!
- Former Terrace Restaurant to become World Buffet - confirmed!
- Urgent: Police appeal for witnesses to Rushall collision
- Heanor prove to be keener than Wood
- 4,212,467 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal charity Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Wildlife
I know it’s late on but there’s a great even going on in Whittington this afternoon (Saturday, 15th April 2017) in aid of the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust ‘Tunnel Vision’ appeal – Eric and Doreen’s All Day Easter Coffee Morning.
I was elsewhere yesterday afternoon as it’s good cycling weather – but I noticed from social media feeds and enquiries that there was a grass fire on Gentleshaw Common towards the evening.
Tom Reid from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust has been in touch to let us know about their annual Spring show, taking place at Whittington Village Hall on Friday, April 7th 2017.
An interesting history walk is taking place this Sunday, 26th March 2017 at Chasewater, entitled ‘Where does the water go?’ which takes a look at how the dam infrastructure functions, and some of the industrial history of Anglesey Basin and surrounds.
Tom Reid from the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust has been in touch to let us know about the launch of their Tunnel Vision appeal, which has been established to raise funds in order to construct a canal tunnel under the railway near Lichfield.
Continue reading →
For those of you into conservation and the local environment, there’s this event going on at Norton Bog (that’s north Chasewater) this Sunday, 26th February 2017 – the Friends of Norton Bog are a great group and you can find out more about them at the event.
Continue reading →
Today (Monday, 30th January 2017) I was contacted by Irene ‘The Swan Lady’ Hodges who was in a state of some enthusiasm, as amongst her usual daily cohort of swans and waterfowl at Chasewater, there was a single black swan, which she fed and caught on video.