Because you’re free to read this blog
- November 22nd - Coming through New Street Station at night, rush... November 23, 2017
- November 21st - In a familiar bike shed at a client’s premises,... November 21, 2017
- November 21st - On the streets of Birmingham, the autumn leaves... November 21, 2017
- November 20th - I’ve seen herons do many odd things in my time... November 20, 2017
- November 20th - The last shreds of daylight, heading between... November 20, 2017
- November 20th - One of the joys of winter is riding in the... November 20, 2017
- November 19th - A late run out on an errand to Cannock Chase saw... November 20, 2017
- November 18th - A day of spannering bikes and a hurried test... November 20, 2017
- November 17th - But still, some vestiges of autumn cling in in... November 17, 2017
- November 17th - Just after dawn, on a grass verge ion Darlaston... November 17, 2017
- November 16th - Something I’ve not seen yet this year, on a... November 17, 2017
- November 15th - And back, so it was, to Shenstone, an altogether... November 17, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Something brewing
- Warning: sudden rash of vehicle theft and burglary over the weekend
- Christmas stories and crafts for kids at the library this Saturday!
- Have you lost a Rottweiler type dog in Shire Oak or Walsall Wood?
- Lifting the veil on an old Brownhills emporium
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- July 1995 - Brownhills Carnival
- August 1995 - Betterbuys come to Inshops
- Hot to trot
- Don't grumble - just whistle! Brownhills gains a great new micropub
- 4,838,329 hits
- Bill Shaw
- Brownhills local history
- Chase Inn
- Chasewater Dam
- Chasewater Wildlife Group
- Cheap tat
- Cycle rides
- David Evans
- Express & Star
- Good of the Wood
- live music
- local blogs
- Local History
- Local politics
- match review
- Mike Bird
- New Photos
- Oak Park
- Old maps
- Real Ale
- Shire Oak
- Things to do
- Walsall Council
- Walsall politics
- Walsall Wood
- Walsall WOod FC
- West Midlands
- West Midlands Police
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: It makes me mad!
After a fairly quiet few months, there’s been a spate of vehicle thefts and break ins in the Brownhills and Clayhanger areas of late, with a car taken in Clayhanger in the early hours of this morning (Monday, 20th November 2017), and attempted theft beforehand and another attempted in Poplar Avenue, Brownhills at around the same time.
It’s that time of year when I note Remembrance here in the UK and personally express my gratitude and concern for those who lost their lives in the service of our country – this post is one I make every year, but evolves as I think and reflect on those who paid and continue to pay a huge price for our freedom.
Right Walsall Borough folks, listen up – I know some of you are concerned about bin collections at the moment as the service is clearly experiencing difficulties, on the very week that Walsall refuse collection schedules have changed.
Hey folks – please be on the lookout for this stolen motorbike, taken on Saturday 4th November 2017 at around 8pm from Shelfield.
For those who missed it, I had an interesting question commented to an old post in the week, and I thought I’d make a post out of it as it deserves a wider audience – this certainly sounds like a remarkable family history, which someone out there must be able to help with.
Hey folks – please be on the lookout for a rather distinctive van, stolen on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning 10-11th October 2017 from the Barons Court Hotel car park in Walsall Wood.
Hey up people – it seems that in November, there’s a shakeup of of local bin collection days in the Northern Wastes and to this end Walsall Council have been delivering leaflets notifying residents of the changes, which is fair enough.
Continue reading →