Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 29th - A long day, which broke very, very bad news. A... April 30, 2016
- April 28th - Another striking return is of the leaves to the row... April 28, 2016
- April 28th - A beautiful morning but yet again, very cold. It’s... April 28, 2016
- April 27th - I keep noticing this Giant bike at Telford; I don’t... April 27, 2016
- April 27th - When I left home just after dawn there was a heavy... April 27, 2016
- April 26th - Poor long-range photos, but these are for... April 26, 2016
- April 26th - It’s nice to see Scarborough Road in the Walsall... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - Despite the very poor weather, on Clayhanger... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - Awful commuting weather. On the way to work in the... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - A 45 miler over to Walton on Trent and back through... April 25, 2016
- April 24th - At Chasewater, life halts briefly while the four... April 25, 2016
- April 23rd - I popped out late afternoon - it was very cold with... April 25, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Up around the bend
- Aldridge Manor Youth Club restarts in a new home this coming Tuesday!
- August 1993 - It's question time?
- Chasewater Spring Fair this Saturday!
- Police appeal: please help find Ruth Anne Smith
- Can you help record the history of Harpers Buses?
- Great live music at The Chase Inn this evening!
- It's the rail thing
- Bending Conduit
- Keeping track
- 3,167,577 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- RT @carolthornton: @BrownhillsBob Ha says the man who loves the flowery piss of Earl Grey 😉 19 minutes ago
- RT @WS7weather: WS7 weather report for Hammerwich, Lichfield, Burntwood, Brownhills, Bloxwich, Walsall, Aldridge and Pelsall areas https:/… 27 minutes ago
- Distraction theory, Englishness and the mad times we live in - genius from @theplastichippo theplastichippo.wordpress.com/2016/05/01/wil… 34 minutes ago
- Fucking archers cluttering up the kitchen with womenfolk 47 minutes ago
- RT @Scarfolk: We're getting ready for our May Day celebration. Who do YOU think should be "cleansed by flame" this year? https://t.co/MZ8yv… 48 minutes ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 2, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 9, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 16, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Category Archives: It makes me mad!
Following the sad closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club, local activist Paul Sharpe has been beavering away to try and continue the club in some form in a new venue – I posted his appeal for help here a couple of months ago.
Continue reading →
Like most of the households in the borough, we’ve received a leaflet from Walsall Council recently in place of the normal bin collection calendar/schedule we normally receive at this time of year – the leaflet says a new calendar won’t be issued until ‘Late summer, 2016’ – I wonder why that might be?
Continue reading →
Last Thursday evening (21st April 2016), Walsall Wood entertained Heanor at Oak Park – and the Woodmen returned to form with a respectable win.
Following the success of Madwblog’s CLayhanger Spring Clean a few weeks ago, the Friends of Clayhanger Park have decided to organise their own event which will be taking place this Saturday (9th April 2016).
Just a heads up to all the bin botherers that there is the first brown (garden waste) bin collection of 2016 in Area 9 tomorrow (Friday, 8th February 2016) – that’s Brownhills, Pelsall, Shire Oak and Clayhanger – so get your bins out for the lads tonight.
A timely warning to residents of Clayhanger and further afield that the reported incidents of poisoned bait being left around the village seem to be ongoing still – after the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored meat on Clayhanger Common and the subsequent discovery of possibly poisoned bait a little while later, comes this awful tale from Facebook user Shannon Vanessa Binding.
Reader Pete Sutton contacted me through Facebook to ask for help with a vandalism incident that took place on his wife’s car in Chase Road last Friday night (25th March 2016) when a bottle was smashed through the rear windscreen.
Continue reading →