Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 25th - Not a brilliant shot but something I’ve not seen... May 25, 2017
- May 25th - So many new flowers to notice every day, and in the... May 25, 2017
- May 24th - Sorry for the surfeit of wildfowl chick photos, but... May 24, 2017
- May 24th - One of the more strikingly beautiful wayside flowers... May 24, 2017
- May 23rd - I’m glad to say the sun and warm weather over the... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - With warmer weather, during the warm hours, the urban... May 23, 2017
- May 22nd - A long time since I featured Jockey Meadows here -... May 23, 2017
- May 23rd - Spotted in Walsall late this afternoon, parked up... May 23, 2017
- May 21st - Also out in abundance was the sallow, which is... May 22, 2017
- May 21st - A much nicer day with warm sun and gentle southerly... May 22, 2017
- May 20th - I popped out for a short run on shopping errands to... May 21, 2017
- May 19th - Much of the journey was an errand in Digbeth. I... May 20, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Beware: Lady intimidated at Chasewater Heath
- Just the job... local lad still looking for work
- Fazeley floating market - on all this weekend!
- Let's have a butchers
- Family history in Clayhanger: What do you know?
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Big Bounce family fun day at Holland Park this Sunday!
- Brownhills Carnival in the late 1970s remembered
- Urgent - Millie the dog stolen from Brownhills West - can you help?
- Rhyme and reason
- 4,290,368 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Category Archives: It makes me mad!
I note in the last couple of days a worrying report of a lady being followed by a male behaving oddly on Chasewater North Heath, and post the following to warn dog walkers, particularly other women, to.beware.
An intriguing enquiry reaches me from local historian and blog dynamo the young David Evans, who’s after a rather specific bit of history relating to a lost courtyard of dwellings in Brownhills High Street Called ‘The Metz’.
I’ve received a few emails, tweets and Facebook posts pointing out that travellers encamped at Holland Park, Brownhills last Friday, 19th May 2017. Walsall Council have posted legal notices as required by due process. This is one of the areas where … Continue reading →
A lovely period piece reaches me from reader David Hughes, who’s been kind enough to scan a complete November 1954 copy of ‘The Omtitis’ magazine, which was the BRD Sports and Social Club newsletter.
Following last week’s awful news that a lady in Vicarage Road, Brownhills had her bag snatched it seems there’s a rash of such incidents ongoing, and I advise everyone to warn relatives and friends of the danger clearly currently present.
Very worrying reports reach me that late this afternoon (Friday 5th May 2017) that an elderly lady has had her bag snatched in or near Vicarage Road Brownhills.
Continue reading →
Yesterday afternoon (29th October 2017), Walsall Wood F.C. travelled to Allpay Park at Hereford to face Westfields, who sadly beat the Woodmen 4-0 – this match was a last ditch hope for Walsall Wood to defy relegation, but it wasn’t to be.
Continue reading →