Because you’re free to read this blog
- May 22nd - Also growing well, and still at the original 9, the... May 23, 2016
- May 22nd - Another good riding day, but I was a bit tired, and... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - On my way back via Chasewater, I spotted the huge... May 23, 2016
- May 21st - Up on Cannock Chase, I went looking for a fire tower... May 23, 2016
- May 20th - Last week, at the floating market, I moaned to my old... May 21, 2016
- May 20th - I’d had enough. The week had been tough and I needed... May 21, 2016
- May 19th - I had gone to work on a pleasantly sunny morning, but... May 20, 2016
- May19th - I passed along the canal at Bentley Mill Way later... May 20, 2016
- May 18th - I spotted him sat on the decking on the canal bank by... May 18, 2016
- May 18th - Riding home along a damp canal on a grey evening... May 18, 2016
- May 18th - On the way home, I checked out the Watermead swan... May 18, 2016
- May 17th - I see the canals are looking pretty messy again - not... May 18, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Up and under
- New Hall Mill open next Bank Holiday Monday!
- Brownhills in black and white
- Gainful employment
- Running down the wing with an umbrella...
- December 1993 - Brownhills School - run successfully on the premise of care
- Mind your head!
- Great news - missing Aldridge lady Ruth Anne Smith found safe and well
- What's this stuff about, then?
- The Terrace Restaurant closes down
- 3,223,213 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- New Hall Mill open next Bank Holiday Monday! brownhillsbob.com/2016/05/24/new… via @brownhillsbob 36 minutes ago
- RT @fusion0903: anyone wanting to start their hairdressing career off then contact us.. Share about . . fb.me/2j1O0vVAS 5 hours ago
- New Hall Mill open next Bank Holiday Monday! brownhillsbob.com/2016/05/24/new… via @brownhillsbob 9 hours ago
- RT @soxer99: Coppice Lane Brownhills this morning. https://t.co/9tlhUUK7Fh 10 hours ago
- #wildwalsall Laburnum https://t.co/492VMlogNc 10 hours ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 30, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 6, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers June 13, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Category Archives: It makes me mad!
I notice a sad report from the Walsall Advertiser yesterday that a children’s slide was stolen from a Walsall Wood garden last Tuesday, May 17th 2016, between 11:30am and 7pm – this wasn’t a small object and must have taken some effort to nick, especially in broad daylight.
As predicted here a couple of weeks ago, the announcement by Walsall Council has now been made, and a leaflet is currently being circulated regarding reducing collections of your grey non-recycling bin to once every two weeks – interestingly, the announce meant is directly following the local elections. Continue reading →
I note from the twitter feed or the local fire service that there were two separate outbreaks of grass fire on Brownhills Common just off Chester Raod late yesterday afternoon (Sunday 8th May 2016).
Following the sad closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club, local activist Paul Sharpe has been beavering away to try and continue the club in some form in a new venue – I posted his appeal for help here a couple of months ago.
Continue reading →
Like most of the households in the borough, we’ve received a leaflet from Walsall Council recently in place of the normal bin collection calendar/schedule we normally receive at this time of year – the leaflet says a new calendar won’t be issued until ‘Late summer, 2016’ – I wonder why that might be?
Continue reading →
Last Thursday evening (21st April 2016), Walsall Wood entertained Heanor at Oak Park – and the Woodmen returned to form with a respectable win.
Following the success of Madwblog’s CLayhanger Spring Clean a few weeks ago, the Friends of Clayhanger Park have decided to organise their own event which will be taking place this Saturday (9th April 2016).