Because you’re free to read this blog
- April 29th - A long day, which broke very, very bad news. A... April 30, 2016
- April 28th - Another striking return is of the leaves to the row... April 28, 2016
- April 28th - A beautiful morning but yet again, very cold. It’s... April 28, 2016
- April 27th - I keep noticing this Giant bike at Telford; I don’t... April 27, 2016
- April 27th - When I left home just after dawn there was a heavy... April 27, 2016
- April 26th - Poor long-range photos, but these are for... April 26, 2016
- April 26th - It’s nice to see Scarborough Road in the Walsall... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - Despite the very poor weather, on Clayhanger... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - Awful commuting weather. On the way to work in the... April 26, 2016
- April 25th - A 45 miler over to Walton on Trent and back through... April 25, 2016
- April 24th - At Chasewater, life halts briefly while the four... April 25, 2016
- April 23rd - I popped out late afternoon - it was very cold with... April 25, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Up around the bend
- Do you remember Anchor Garage?
- Aldridge Manor Youth Club restarts in a new home this coming Tuesday!
- August 1993 - It's question time?
- Chasewater Spring Fair this Saturday!
- Police appeal: please help find Ruth Anne Smith
- Can you help record the history of Harpers Buses?
- The Anchor is open for business! Join them for a disco tonight
- Great live music at The Chase Inn this evening!
- It's the rail thing
- 3,168,226 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- I found this poo and don't know what did it. Can anyone help? https://t.co/UjSZ5TyFSW 24 minutes ago
- The water is ORANGE because there's IRON ORE IN THE GROUND MAKING IT RUSTY https://t.co/ubevEktlw7 25 minutes ago
- The DUCK IS STILL ON THE RUN! https://t.co/s2HccOilp7 26 minutes ago
- We are out and about and Madam Pickle is in the tweet seat. Mute if you find this annoying :-) 49 minutes ago
- RT @Sammy_Benbow: From this morning's walk round Brownhills Common. https://t.co/DWO8oRsfSk 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Stickymackhouse my life and other things
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
- An error has occurred; the feed is probably down. Try again later.
- Chasewater Strollers May 2, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 9, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
- Chasewater Strollers May 16, 2016 at 9:30 am – 1:00 pm Chasewater Innovation Centre, Burntwood, Lichfield District, United Kingdom Buggy social strolling group for parents & toddlers https://brownhillsbob.com/2014/04/20/stroll-on/ https://www.facebook.com/Chasewaterstrollers
Tag Archives: Shire Oak
Following the sad closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club, local activist Paul Sharpe has been beavering away to try and continue the club in some form in a new venue – I posted his appeal for help here a couple of months ago.
Continue reading →
I see that the wonderful San Brett – of local radio fame – has sadly been suffering poor health of late and has passed management of her popular Brownhills cafe San’s Kitchen over to new manager Adam Brookes – Adam’s sent me details of opening hours and offers he’s got on to tickle your taste buds…
A timely warning to residents of Clayhanger and further afield that the reported incidents of poisoned bait being left around the village seem to be ongoing still – after the horrid story of Meg, the dog believed to have been poisoned after eating doctored meat on Clayhanger Common and the subsequent discovery of possibly poisoned bait a little while later, comes this awful tale from Facebook user Shannon Vanessa Binding.
Just a quick post to highlight that friend of the blog and queen of the Brownhills Full English San Brett will be live on 2ndcityradio.net tonight (Wednesday 23rd March 2016) from 7-9pm – tune in on line at the link below.
As a result of the imminent closure of Aldridge Manor Youth Club and sale of the Manor House by Walsall Council, local activist Paul Sharpe has got his thinking cap on, and is appealing for help from anyone who might be able to help him set up an alternative club.
With the unfortunate rise in local break-ins and vehicle burglaries lately, this warning reaches me from Sarah Michelle Horton-Samra who posted it in the Shire Oak group on Facebook yesterday (Monday, 22nd February 2016).
Continue reading →
Those wonderful Anslow brothers have been at it again and sent me a lovely bit of Walsall Wood history – inspired by the remarkable ‘Poacher’s Apprentice’ film I featured here a few weeks ago.