Because you’re free to read this blog
- October 17th - Well, if the day before had gone unexpectedly... October 18, 2017
- October 17th - My deer magnet hasn’t been great lately, so... October 18, 2017
- October 16th - With the sun more or less returned to normal and... October 18, 2017
- October 16th - An very strange weather day. We were expecting... October 18, 2017
- October 15th - Sometimes, all you want to do is tear up the... October 18, 2017
- October 15th - And then came a new day, and a restorative, happy... October 18, 2017
- October 14th - A terrible, awful down day marked by frustration,... October 18, 2017
- October 13th - Chester is always a delight from the cormorants... October 18, 2017
- October 13th - I had a morning meeting near Middlewich, Cheshire... October 18, 2017
- October 12th - Passing back through Walsall Wood at sunset, I... October 13, 2017
- October 12th - In Darlaston Green on a sunny day, outside the... October 13, 2017
- October 12th - The united colours of… a Black Country... October 13, 2017
Top Posts & Pages
- Incident on Clayhanger Common yesterday - West Midlands Police issue statement
- A plaque on your houses - the search continues.
- The end of a nightmare, or just another false dawn?
- Terrace World Buffet - new Brownhills restaurant opening this Saturday!
- Woodmen surprised at Nuneaton
- Details of Walsall Council's park bonfire events for 2017
- Culvert investigations
- It definitely wasn't a Goodyear - help solve a mystery!
- Special branch
- Police issue statement following armed response in Stewart Road, Walsall Wood
- 4,745,939 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 2017 Accident Aldridge appeal away Bill Shaw Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chase Inn Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict entertainment event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free gig Good of the Wood home Lichfield live music local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Real Ale Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands West Midlands Police Wildlife
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- Wise O Notes
- South Coast Tour 2016
- Andrew's Kindred
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
Tag Archives: Shire Oak
Brownhills Community Association have been in touch, asking me if I’d share their latest newsletter for October 2017 here on the blog – and as ever, I’m happy to do so.
This morning, Friday 6th October 2017, there has been a road traffic incident on the A461 between the Shire Oak Crossroads and Streets Corner junction – The A461 Lichfield Road at Shire Oak Hill has been closed and local congestion has been severe.
Continue reading →
I’ve just been alerted to the fact that there’s a great charity music festival starting this afternoon, Saturday 30th September 2017 at the Shoulder of Mutton pub in Church Road, Brownhills running until late.
This is just a quick note to warn people given to exploring the open spaces of the area that over the next 8-10 weeks or so the deer population will be getting amorous – it’s rutting time for our large brown friends, and that means one thing: the heaths around Brownhills, Clayhanger, Pelsall and Chasewater in particular are likely to be host to rather grumpy, aggressive stags guarding their female harems.
Yesterday (Saturday 23rd September 2017) I got chance to go to the first day of the Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust’s Heritage Gathering at Huddlesford, near Whittington.
Continue reading →
Lichfield and Hatherton Canal Restoration Trust are busy preparing for their Heritage Gathering call and vintage festival which is running on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend (23-24th September 2017), and takes place at their Huddlesford base, near Lichfield.
Continue reading →
Reader Andrea Atterbury has been in touch to warn readers that items of what is believed to be meat bait have been recently found on Clayhanger Common including pig’s trotters, leading to renewed fears that poisoned bait may be being placed on the common again.