Because you’re free to read this blog
- July 22nd - Lots of this gorgeous purple flower about at the... July 23, 2016
- July 22nd - A fast, enjoyable 50 mile ride on an afternoon... July 23, 2016
- July 21st - It’s been a great week of commuting so far. Sunny... July 21, 2016
- July 21st - It’s true that I am one of those characters that... July 21, 2016
- dry-valleys: At a certain edgelands pool near my place of work... July 21, 2016
- July 20th - I’m fascinated at the moment by continuing work... July 20, 2016
- July 20th - People seem to think I’m negative about buddleia,... July 20, 2016
- July 19th - Oh, hi pals. Where have you been? Not seen you for a... July 20, 2016
- July 19th - I’ve been largely ambivalent about the odd project... July 20, 2016
- July 18th - I like this a lot. On Catshill Junction Bridge, just... July 19, 2016
- July 18th - A pootle up the canal to Walsall Wood on an errand... July 19, 2016
- July 17th - In spite of some grim mechanical problems and slow... July 19, 2016
Top Posts & Pages
- Urgent appeal: Walsall NHS Trust looking for relatives of a patient
- Lamping it!
- In memoriam: Roger Mosedale
- Mabel's Vintage Fair at Chasewater Railway this Sunday!
- Burntwood Wakes on right now!
- Distraction thefts in Walsall Wood - be careful, folks.
- Stop Press: Oak Park and Bloxwich Leisure Centres Open 9th August
- Late 1960s at a local school...
- The boat people at Norton Pool... But who, and when?
- Vinyl night at The Chase Inn tonight!
- 3,367,062 hits
- 2014 2015 2016 Accident Aldridge appeal away Baker Bond Bill Shaw Brian Stringer Brownhills Brownhills local history Canal Chasewater Chasewater Dam Chasewater Wildlife Group Cheap tat Clayhanger crime Cycle rides cycling David Evans Derelict event Events Express & Star Facebook FC football Footy free freesheet Gazette Good of the Wood home Laburnum Cottage Lichfield local blogs Local History Local politics Lost match review Mike Bird New Photos newspaper Newtown Oak Park Old maps Panoramio planning Police Politics Pubs Redevelopment Report Reservoir result Saturday Shire Oak Silly soccer Staffordshire Stonnall Sunday Tesco Things to do Twitter Vandalism Walsall Walsall Council Walsall politics Walsall Wood Walsall WOod FC West Midlands Police Wildlife
- All this WHEAT goes to make flour for bread. I hope it makes CRUSTY ROLLS because they're THE BEST. https://t.co/9XwnMKH5nX 49 minutes ago
- RT @Rustykitty65: @BrownhillsBob Video for Pickle. Hope she has a wonderful time in France! Have fun with Bruce! twitter.com/TheTorontoZoo/… 1 hour ago
- <when I asked her she thought hard with lots of big arm gestures and wild gesticulation before working out it was impossible> 1 hour ago
- Bob asked me to explain how a car could leave tracks like that. IT CAN'T. I think this is a VERY SILLY SIGN. https://t.co/fqokF2R7Pt 1 hour ago
- That's like MOST ALL OF THE TIME. 1 hour ago
© BrownhillsBobAll rights reserved - material not to be reused without permission.
Blogs I Follow
- The Plastic Hippo
- BrownhillsBob's Brownhills Blog
- Edinburgh Wildlife
- DARLASTON REMEMBERS
- West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
- Aer Reg
- Mikes WFC Players History
- Life At 50mm
- Studio Living
- Diary of a Four Wheeled Wonder Woman
- Lichfield Waterworks Trust
- Chasewaterstuff's Railway & Canal Blog
- Chasewater Railway Museum
- Mental Health Cop
- Diary of a Gimpy Kid
- Handed on
Category Archives: Environment
The Chase Inn at Newtown, Brownhills goes from strength to strength – there’s not only great ale and a warm, welcoming atmosphere, but great live music most weekends, too – and there’s a great Vinyl Disco on this weekend.
Andy Roper from Walsall Wood Football Club has been in touch to let me know that they’re having a maintenance weekend at Oak Park today and tomorrow (Saturday 23 July -Sunday 24 July 206), from 12-5pm each day.
Brownhills Community Association have been busy, and recently got in touch to point out that they have a great new arts and performance space in the refurbished former school hall which is now called The Lamp.
A quiet start to the football season at Oak Park last Saturday (16th July 2016) as the lads from the Wood faced the mighty Chasetown in a pre-season friendly that sadly, didn’t go the Woodmen’s way.
This is very unusual, but I think is somewhat important – this request was posted by the Communication Team at Walsall Manor Hospital Tuesday (19th July 2016) and I’d like all locals to have a think about it, and if any … Continue reading →
People are being warned to be on their guard after a couple of distraction theft incidents in the Walsall Wood area over the last few days – the first in Walsall Wood High Street on Saturday 16th July 2016 and the second in Vigo Road yesterday, Monday 18th July 2016.
Following his donation of the picture of his uncle Frank training for a trotting race last week, friend of the blog Andy Dennis has been thinking more about his uncle, who lived in Brownhills for most of his life – it seems Frank was a very skilled man.
Continue reading →